La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 North at Toepperwein

La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Toepperwein
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

More about San Antonio

Me eating an elephant earMe eating an elephant ear

The Old Tunnel - home to millions of batsThe Old Tunnel - home to millions of bats

chart house tower restaurantchart house tower restaurant

One room house for one familyOne room house for one family

traveling with our dog

by curtswife

Any advice for coming to San Antonio with our dog? I have read conflicting information about where Roscoe can go and where he can't. We will leave him at our rental if needed but would like to not have to go back and forth as often.

Re: traveling with our dog

by goodfish

Yes, to be honest, dogs usually aren't welcome much of any place unless they're guide dogs. Definitely not in restaurants, shops, museums, on tours,etc. I really wouldn't take him if you can avoid it - or plan on going back and forth to the rental. Are you sure he's welcome at the rental? The majority of them don't allow pets.

Re: traveling with our dog

by curtswife

Thanks for your help. The obvious is not taking him in restaurants and stores though the outdoor markets I'm not sure about but guess we'll see. We did have several pet-friendly rentals to choose from so we are good to go there.

Travel Tips for San Antonio

A walk on the river

by amadeeville

My favorite thing about San Antonio is the river walk. My fondest memory was walking on the river in the evening. A lot of people tend to visit areas where there's a lot of bustle but I enjoyed the quiet sirenity of the river walk. The simple things can make the world of difference.

O Henry House

by Ewingjr98

The O Henry House was home to William Sidney Porter, the author who wrote under the pen name of O Henry, for just a year in 1894/1895. The house has actually been moved from its original location and parked in the corner of a parking lot at Laredo and Dolorosa, protected with an iron railing. When we stopped here while just walking by, the house was closed and there was just a small historic marker to tell the story.

While in San Antonio, O Henry wrote a newspaper called the Rolling Stone, but his most famous work is probably the Gift of the Magi.

My most recent trip back to San Antonio, the windows were open so at least I could see inside. I included some new photos of my visit...

Pat O'Brien's

by Ewingjr98

Like the original in New Orleans, San Antonio's Pat O'Brien's has hurricanes, a flaming fountain, an entrance lined with muskets, a noisy piano bar, Cajun cuisine and a quiet patio dining area. This replica has all the features of the St Peter's Street location minus the the flooding. I've been to the original, and once inside this San Antonio version, you can barely tell the difference.

We enjoyed a few hours and a few hurricanes (rum, hurricane mix, crushed ice, orange & cherry) then decided to see more of the city.

Besides the original in New Orleans and this San Antonio location, Pat O'Brien's has locations in Orlando, Memphis and Cancun.

The City's Best Restaurant

by dtimoske about Bohanan's

Probably the best restaurant in San Antonio, it's a dining experience to be savored. Though the staff will adjust to your time restraints and will always ask how much time you would like to spend, I recommend making a complete night out of it. Enjoy a pre-dinner drink at the bar, take in a salad, enjoy the main course with some wine, and end the evening with a desert or coffee. I do have to admit, the deserts are not quite up to par with the rest of the food. This is a great place to celebrate a special occassion or to impress a business associate. Dress is semi-formal.

The restaurant is downtown and within walking distance of the riverwalk. If you're coming here, be prepared to spend money. If you're going to spend some money, indulge yourself in the Akaushi Beef. It's one of the few places in the country that serve this mouth watering beef from Japan. If you're not a beef eater, try the Chilean Sea Bass. It simply melts in your mouth. Wow! If you don't like bass, that's ok because it's not really a bass. It's real name is the Patagonian Toothfish and the population of this fish is dwindling, so don't indulge yourself too often with this fish.

What to do on a short trip.

by klj&a

was only able to spend 24 hours there, but was able to see a lot going on the trolley tour. These are my recommendations:

1)Visiting various missions:Mission Nuesta Senora de Concepcion and Mission San Jose y San Miguel de Aguayo.

2)River Walk