112 College St, San Antonio, Texas, 78205, United States

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• San Antonio- most authentic Hotel!

This is a very nice old world place to stay.I notice how high the price is on most sites.You can book this hotel for under $100.00 on Price- Line or Hot Wire. It is the only boutique hotel in the San Antonio North River walk area that is 4***s.It is usually priced for $88.00 with tax around $100.00. Now for that price this is a excellent place to stay. Very good place for weddings and couples.
    However I do not remember a hot tub...

Unique Quality: great views,in a prime location,charming,cannot hear your neighbors,cool beam ceilings!

Directions: River Walk area

• ChartIt's Profile Photo

Nice hotel

The hotel had a nice clean room. Bit pricy if you pay full price.

Unique Quality: Romantic setting, could be a bit noisy. Parking expensive. The pool was lovely but small. I was enjoying the courtyard feel of the place much more than the pool itself though. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Really Romantic

I totally love this hotel. Room was really clean, nicely decorated, and the view over the river walk was so romantic for two. The river walk was easily accessed through the hotel too and I liked the automatic security locks on the outside doors, made me feel secure. Room service was great, the food was excellent as well.

Valet parking was prompt to retrieve my truck, but they did put a big scratch on the side of my quarter panel, wish I saw it before I returned home, but I was feeling too good after my stay to even want to complain.

Overall I would return to this hotell next time I stay in San Antonio.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Big Disappointment

I had been planning this particular trip for almost a year. I have never seen San Antonio decorated for Christmas and I was really excited to see it. Almost excited as staying in the Mansion del Rio. I had squeezed some pennies to afford the $350 price but had made the reservations in time.

However.....on our way to San Antonio (from Houston) we stopped in San Marcos for some Christmas shopping. Please see my tip in San Marcos Shopping. We were running sort of late so I called the hotel. They hung up on me TWICE! Other times I tried I couldn't even get through. However, finally I got through and just wanted to make sure I could get late check-in. (Well don't expect to easily get around downtown San-Antonio at 7pm on a Friday (my bad!). We get to the hotel and they say they've given our room away. Two weekends before Christmas....that's a big deal and I HAD CALLED! A nice man tried to get us over the WaterMark but I wanted to stay at the Mansion because it's in my travel bible, 1000 places to see before you die! He said he would give us a room someone didn't want (jee, thanks!). They took our bags while the maids prepared the room and we went ahead and walked on the river and got some dinner.

When we got back our room was available and our bags were already taken to the room.

Unfortunately.....the maids did not do a good enough job. There were USED glasses around the sink and glass stains on the counter.

On top of that the hair dryer did not work. We called House Keeping and they said they'd come right away but an hour later....hair ruined and still no hair dryer.

Parking: We decided to park across the street for cheaper.....Nope, not cheaper....Get valet!! $30 for the night and you can come and go as you please.

All in all......it was pretty but it just didn't go our way :(

Unique Quality: It was nice that it was right on the river....but my view was of a parking garage (not nice).

"Originally built as a school by four brothers of the Society of Mary in 1852, the Omni La Mansión del Rio opened its doors as a luxury hotel in April of 1968, just in time for Hemisfair, San Antonio's 1968 World Fair.

The hotel's blend of Spanish colonial architecture, storybook setting, celebrated restaurant, and elegant accommodations are just a few of the reasons it is recommended by the most discriminating travelers. "

Directions: Located in the heart of downtown, along the banks of the historic San Antonio Riverwalk

• Warm and charming hotel optimally located

I was really impressed with the Spanish charm of this hotel. Even the rooms are warm and inviting with comfortable, study wood furniture and wood trim. The views onto the river are very nice and the balconies are right on the river. The pools are modest, but nicely landscaped and comfortable. It was an ideal place to celebrate our 5 year anniversary.

Unique Quality: The location is ideal, at a quieter end of the river and away from the noisier parts of the riverwalk, but still so close to all the restaurants. There is a CVS pharmacy a 2 minute walk down the river if you forget any incidentals.

• shargurl's Profile Photo

On the Riverwalk

My opinion - the hotel is ok. If you look on the website, the rooms and pool facilities look much bigger. We paid over $350 (tax inc.) for this room for one night. The room was great, very clean. Our tv remote didn't work, but we called down to the front desk and someone was up to replace it right away. At about 11pm, the fire alarm went off (in our room and others). Someone came to knock on our door to check on things and I could see people out in the hallway. The alarm was sounding for about 10 min total (very annoying). After that, I tried to fall asleep, but couldn't because of all the noise outside (band playing in the restaurant across the street, riverboats going by). My husband slept very well, after the fire alarm incident. He was ok with the hotel, I was not. Of all the times we have stayed in San Antonio, this was the first time we stayed on the river, I will not do it again because of the noise. If you enjoy the nightlife, and won't be in your room until late, then this would be fine for you. I did finally fall asleep after the noise died down.

**UPDATE** The safety inspector of the hotel phoned us about our complaint of the fire alarm and gave us a free dinner at either of the 2 hotel restaurants on our next visit.

Overnight parking is $28.

Unique Quality: The hotel is located right on the riverwalk, so it is very central. Everything is a short walk away. The rooms were very clean, and the view from our room was great. There is some history behind the hotel (I think it used to be a school). The bridge located right outside our window was in the movie "Selena". Jennifer Lopez sat on the bridge.

Directions: Located right across the river from the Watermark Hotel & Spa, the sister Hotel to the Omni La Mansion del Rio

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Great Personal Service

We had a convention rate of $142 plus tax a night. If I'm not mistaken, San Antonio has 17% tax. Keep that in mind, folks, cuz that will creep up on ya... The room I had was not bad. I'm picky: Carpet was tired, upholstery was old and the color schemes were just THIS SIDE of being hip... but that said, it was clean, comfy and quiet. Even if my view from the balcony WAS the parking lot across the street! ; )

They have LODGENET in the rooms for internet / movies / nintendo. The remotes and keyboards have crap connection to the tv and for the most part I had a hard time turning on the TV let alone using any special features. Poor infrared read from remote to TV. That bugged me the most.

They forgot to leave a menu in my room (also one colleagues room too!) so I called and ordered breakfast w/out the aid of a menu and the room service assistant was "on it." Room service is quick and good.

Unique Quality: The common areas were very pretty. Lobby, courtyards, hallway art and photos. This hotel used to be a dorm for a private boys school back in the 20s and 30s I believe. So it's old, but kept in good shape. There is a heated pool, but since we had weather in the 20s -50s (Farenheit)... I couldn't tell you HOW heated, but I'm sure it could NEVER be heated enough in the winter!

LOVELY restaurant on property, Las Canarias. And the service of the staff was pleasant, quick and efficient when I had questions or requests.

Directions: Right off of the Riverwalk not far from the Hard Rock

• kyoub's Profile Photo

You can look

La Mansión del Rio, a four-diamond hotel, best reflects the City's Spanish Colonial heritage and features rooms with views of the River Walk, Pool, or Lush Landscaped Courtyard. It is on one side of the river and the Watermark Hotel and Spa is on the other side of the river.
    The hotels are connected by the bridge in this picture.
    No we didn't stay at either place but the setting is beautiful.

• rsleisk's Profile Photo

Elegant Spanish style charm

La Mansion is decorated with beautiful Spanish architecture. The rooms are clean and spacious. We had a room with a terrace overlooking the Riverwalk, very romantic.

Unique Quality: Located on the Riverwalk. Beautiful Spanish architecture and decore.

• rids's Profile Photo

Romance on the River

One of the most elegant hotels in the city, and the only one of its type on the river. Las Canarias restaurant is outstanding.

Unique Quality: It has an elegant, old world Mexican charm to it (at least as much as a city hotel can have). It is also right on the Riverwalk, in a quiet section, with an old stone bridge, so you can easily get to either side of the riverwalk from the hotel.

Directions: On the Riverwalk (College Street entrance). In the heart of downtown, and near the Majestic and Empire theatres.

• La Mansion Del Rio - San...

La Mansion Del Rio - San Antonio, TX
    or
    Menger Hotel - San Antonio, TX
    or
    Marroitt Rivercenter - San Antonio, TX
    $80 between $100 per night

Unique Quality: Promtational or special offer and One bed king, non smoking, and I need Kit accommandation in room

More about Omni La Mansion Del Rio

La Mansion del Rio, on the RiverwalkLa Mansion del Rio, on the Riverwalk

Local VTrs Downtown Next Week?

by elmendorfs

I'm coming in next Monday for a conference, and will only be there through Wednesday. Since it's a short trip I won't be renting a car and will be staying at the Omni La Mansion Del Rio. Without wheels, I'll be spending most of my free time on the river walk. If there are any local VTrs that would like to meet for coffee or a stroll along the river (or to tell me local secrets of all the things around SA that I've missed) please drop me an email.

Re: Local VTrs Downtown Next Week?

by ATXtraveler

Sorry, I will just miss you. I have a business trip to Austin. Best of luck!

Comments