Quality Inn & Suites Fiesta Park

Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 39% less but rated 37% lower than other 2 star hotels

• Worst Hotel Experience Ever

I always try to be honest and fair with how I review hotels and businesses. Despite my complete dissatisfaction with this hotel, I will attempt to do the same.

I arrived early and although my room was not ready, the front desk clerk put a rush on cleaning it and told me that it would be ready in approximately two hours. I left and she took it upon herself to phone me the option of having an alternate room sooner. I decided to stick with my original room and her estimate was accurate and I was still able to check in early.

The agreement that I signed was handwritten, because they were out of printer ink.

My issue with the hotel is the management. I checked into my room, dropped my luggage off, and returned a few hours later. This is when I discovered that the room was infested with crickets. When I told the front desk of my findings, I was told that they were coming through the vents and that they would have the room exterminated the next morning. Basically, they expected me to sleep in a room with noisy crickets crawling all over the place. I asked if there was another room that I could use and was told that all of the rooms with king beds were taken. The only room available was a double and that I would need to upgrade to stay there. In other words, I had to pay additional money to not sleep with bugs. I then told the front desk clerk that I would need to cancel my reservation. Despite only using the room as a storage space for a few hours, I was told that I would still be charged for that one evening. I told the front desk that I was refusing the charge, as I had not used the room and it was not up to the quality of standards anticipated. She told me that she would need to ask management in the morning. The manager, despite having all of my contact information, never contacted me.

I did dispute the charge with the hotel and their claim was that I had canceled the reservation after their deadline, so that they had to charge me the full amount, despite the fact that I never slept in the room. They claimed that I should have seen the local news to know about the cricket infestation when I do not live in the area and do not make a habit of reviewing the local news broadcasts of distant cities. They claimed that they offered me an alternative room, but would never admit that I was going to be charged additional funds for this solution. They also claimed that being that I had made a reservation (rather than being a walk-in guest) that I had no right to cancel. They even went as far as to create documentation after the fact to try to prove their case. (Unfortunately, it was created poorly and had incorrect dates.) It also took the hotel over two months to even address my concerns.

I am giving this hotel a poor rating not because of the crickets in the room, but rather the poor management skills involved in resolving my issue.

Comments