262 Losoya St., San Antonio, Texas, 78205, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Riverwalk Vista

Outstanding

There is absolutely nothing negative I could possibly say about this property. The location was superb, the hotel was perfectly clean, and the staff's attentiveness to detail was unrivaled. My husband and I stayed there during a weeklong roadtrip through Texas, and the Riverwalk Vista and San Antonio was the highlight of our trip. We regretted not staying there longer. I CAN'T WAIT to visit again!!!

A Perfect Escape

by TripAdvisor Member ma06

My husband & I just returned from a trip to San Antonio for our 5th anniversary. The Riverwalk Vista made the trip perfect. It was completely charming, clean and comfortable, and the hospitality is unmatched. All of the details have been thought through - from the complimentary happy hour to the free classic movies on dvd. It's worth a trip to San Antonio just to stay at this hotel. Also, don't miss dinner at Boudro's on the Riverwalk.

Hidden Treasure in the heart of S.A.

by TripAdvisor Member raven1618

My new husband and I stayed here two nights following our wedding on October 14, 2006. We knew we wanted to stay downtown but many of the hotels inside downtown are overpriced and "typical" in atmosphere. Being that we are from San Antonio, we wanted something unique, cozy and decently priced, and we found it at the Riverwalk Vista.

We stayed in the Hugman Suite, which overlooks the Riverwalk and is straight away from the Convention Center. The hardwood floors and high ceilings made for a historic feel; marble sinks and tile bathroom are nice modern touch; great leather lounge chair. The bed was large and supremely comfy.

My only complaint is that on our Saturday night stay we had to endure some loud music playing well into the wee hours of Sunday morning. The follow night though was peaceful.

San Antonio has an abundance of hotels, and many have the same ordinary look and feel to them (I've seen quite a few of them first hand). If you're looking for something different - low-key without all the fluff and exorbitant pricing - I highly recommend Riverwalk Vista.

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member caz72

Me and my husband wanted to get away for our anniversary and this was defenitely the place to do it at. We had to change our dates which was no problems for the hotel and they even upgraded our room without asking. The romula room was beautiful. You felt like you were at home. Could not have been more comfortable with the great bed and linens they use. My husband wants to redo our bathroom in slate tile now. All the details to this room were unbelievable. The robes, fish, teddybear, cookies, leather chair, journal book for the guest and more. They always have coffe available and in the afternoon they put out fresh baked cookies. Its going to be very hard to stay at a chain hotel again. We will defenetely recommend the Riverwalk Vista and will stay again if we have the opportunity without kids.

Couldn't Have Been Better

by TripAdvisor Member kolekona

We spent Labor Day weekend 2006 at the Riverwalk Vista in San Antonio and had a room on the river side (Losoya St.) It is a fabulous little Inn in a tremendous location, within walking distance to the theaters, Market Square, HemisFair Park and (of course) the Riverwalk. The elevator was broken so the InnKeepers and staff had to pack luggage up and down the stairs, but they did so very willingly and capably. The breakfast is more than adequate and the afternoon wine reception is a nice touch. I have to substantiate the observations about the noise mentioned in other reviews, but I typically wear earplugs at night when I am away from home anyway so it wasn't a problem for us. This place is terrific. Don't hesitate a minute to consider staying here. It is on the second and third floors of the Dullnig Bldg. at the corner of Losoya and Commerce.

First Anniversary Stay

by TripAdvisor Member lockeblack

My wife and I stayed recently at the Riverwalk Vista. We made our choice based on the Trip Advisor reviews. The Hotel itself is very unique. The old building is cool and lounge areas are comfortable. The location was perfect...close to everything we wanted to see and do. Our room was nice but we stayed in the Washer Bros room that was right on the traffic circle. When I read reviews about street noise, I blew it off thinking those people are old geezers but I thought differently when the noise kept me awake...it was LOUD and the buses were especially noisey. Anyway overall we really enjoyed our stay but next time we will either pick a different room or stay at one of the other hotels....maybe one with a pool/jacuzzi.

Hidden Treasure

by TripAdvisor Member AZN8TIV

We just returned from a very relaxing stay in San Antonio, TX. I used to live in this great city but never heard of the Riverwalk Vista Hotel. It was tremendous. Part of its charm is it's hidden location. Located right on Losoya and Commerce steps from one of the many entries down to the riverwalk. We were greeted immediately at the elavator by the innkeeper and shown around this quaint yet sophisticated hotel. Very Potterybarn decor with nostalgic pictures on the wall. Very nice common areas for breakfast and even nicer lower level for quiet time with a book. Keep in mind it's right on Commerce st. so you will have some traffic noise but nothing too loud once asleep. I would also recommend eating at Pesca at the watermark for a highend dinner. Overrall, it was a very pleasant stay at the RwalkVista and would stay again in a heartbeat. BTW, the parking garage is about 2 blocks down from the inn but isn't a bad walk with luggage.

It was great!

by TripAdvisor Member jenebaby

My husband and I decided to visit San Antonio for our 10 yr anniversary, and I did a lot of research before picking a place to stay. I wanted something a little more romantic and not so traditional as a chain hotel. (But yet something close to downtown and the Riverwalk.) I believe we found that in the Riverwalk Vista. From the moment we walked in the front doors we knew we found a great place. They had soft music playing throughout the inn and we were greeted by a wonderful and gracious innkeeper.
We stayed in the Romula Queen room. The room was simple yet beautiful with amazing hardwood floors and floor to ceiling windows, and a great view of the riverwalk. ( If you're looking for a place with old charm, this is it.) The rooms are not huge but very sufficient. The bathroom was smaller than what I would have liked, but the shower was great!
The innkeepers were wonderful!! They were so welcoming and kind, and handled all of our requests with promptness.
The breakfast wasn't huge, but it was fine. They always had bagles and english muffins, boiled eggs, yogurt, a choice of 5 different cereals, a large fruit platter of various kinds, and a main dish like deutsch apple cake (which was phenomenal!), quiche, etc. Not to mention juices, coffees, teas, etc. In the afternoons, when we would come back for an afternoon rest, we could find fresh baked cookies (and wine for those who want that.)
The hotel was directly located across the street from the Riverwalk, with a staircase to the lower riverwalk 10 yards from the front door. This was very convienent. You are also within a 5 min walk to the Alamo, Rivercenter mall, IMAX and many other major attractions. The trolley is another convienent way to get around. Parking I suppose is the downside. You need to park in the parking garage down the block, for about $12/day without in and out privillages. We didn't move the car once. We didn't need to. Street noise was there, but not overbearing to us. (That's what you get staying downtown.) They have a little device in the room that you can turn on that makes a constant low humming noise that helps with the street noise. After we learned about that, we had no more street noise problems.
They also have a collection of old classic movies on dvd you could borrow for free. My husband enjoyed watching a few oldies he'd never seen before.
Overall, it was great! We would definitely stay here again.

Loved it, but "lavish" breakfast lacking.

by TripAdvisor Member julesbd1

Stayed at the Vista for the Easter weekend. Loved the rooms, staff, location, and feel of the place. My only complaint would be the breakfast. Most bed/breakfasts pride themselves on both the inn and the food. This was certainly not a lavish breakfast as described in the brochure. Nothing hot, just pastries, cereal, and fruit. Disappointed with this. Seems for what you are paying the food could be better.

Loved it!

Once again trip advisor helped me find a great place to stay! I was concerned about staying at a b&b as my husband is not a fan of them, however, this place was great. We had our own bathroom (his main concern) and the staff was friendly and helpful but not all in our business. I could see how some folks in rooms facing busy streets might find them to be noisy, but we did not think so. The Vista is in a super location and is very charming and comfortable. I would recommend to anyone and stay there again in a heartbeat. Their website is an accurate representation of what you will find. Thumbs up from a former Texan!

The Alamo, San AntonioThe Alamo, San Antonio

Lucas on his cell phoneLucas on his cell phone

Arneson River TheatreArneson River Theatre