Rodeway Inn At Six Flags

Booking.com Expedia.com Rodeway Inn

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 22% less but rated 40% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about San Antonio

San Antonio as seen from my classroomSan Antonio as seen from my classroom

Soldiers waiting to visit the AMEDD MuseumSoldiers waiting to visit the AMEDD Museum

All lit up!All lit up!

Need a .... Door!Need a .... Door!

Inline hockey at UTSA

by 2009grad

Is there still inline hockey on Thursday nights?

RE: Inline hockey at UTSA

by hockeyscott

I don't think those guys play out there anymore but it has been three years since i've been out there or heard from those guys. Maybe if some people start playing out there again those guys would show up again.

Travel Tips for San Antonio

Take A Trolley Tour

by keeweechic

A Trolley Tour is the first thing to do when you arrive is take a Trolley Tour which leaves from just opposite the Alamo. Both the Texas Trolley and Lone Star Trolley offer this service. You can either stay on board for the 45 min commentated tour or have the option to get on and off at the various attractions it stops at. Very much value for money.

We got off several times (at the Missions, Buckhorn Museum and market). You can use the trolley all day. The Lone Star was $3.00 cheaper ($9.50 Adults in 2001) than the Texas Trolley for the same tour. The drivers are very obliging, don't forget the gratuity. Everything. I loved San Antonio. Great atmosphere, lots to see and do, good restaurants. No problems with peak hour traffic.

Natural Bridge Caverns

by KimberlyAnn

Natural Bridge Caverns is considered the largest show cave in Texas, however you only will be allowed to see one half mile of the cave in a tour that will last about 75 minutes and take you 180 feet below the surface. This cave, discovered in 1960, is a living cave in that it is still growing. It has nice formations, which are said to grow about 1 cubic inch every 100 years. This cave is 70 degrees inside with 99% humidity. We have NEVER been in such a warm cave! This Cavern is off I-35 exit 175, then 8 miles w. on FM 3009. (If you love caves, visit my Sonora, Texas page.)

Amazing Preparation & Service

by Hexepatty about Las Canarias

Sophisticated Southwest Ambience with Fine Dining Service. Food and menu was exceptional and a heck of a wine list. The four of us women dined at Las Canarias on Valentine's Day evening. Expecting it to be packed, we arrived early. Bad weather in the NorthEast left quite a few no shows, so they were able to sit us early. Attention to detail with our team of servers was always paramount with the waitstaff. And the food.... yum!

There is outside seating on the riverwalk, which I imagine has to be the most romantic location when the weather is warm! Because it was a special evening (Valentine's Day!) they had a special price fixe menu at $85 per person for a five course meal. The funniest part was the first course. Foie Gras stuffed in cherries. Well, these cherries were the size of a marble and the foie gras was the size of a USED Number #2 pencil ERASER. I mean.. we were like, "WHERE IS THE FOIE GRAS?!"... A great starter, but we whined JUST a tad. ; )

Second course was a choice of appetizers. I went "Light" and went for the tuna tartare. Exceptional. Fresh, tasty and great presentation. Third corse was a palate cleanser citris flavored sorbet with peppercorns. (Could have done without the peppercorns, but I ate around them!)

Main course - which oddly, all of us ordered - was a tempura battered swordfish stuffed with blue crab. I cringe thinking of it, since I couldn't eat it all. A waste. It was the best swordfish I've ever eaten, and rates in my top three seafood entrees ever! Sublime, subtle, fantastic presentation.

Dessert was a choice of items, and differering from my co-workers who all went with the Creme Brulee, I chose the pumpkin and dried fruit glace. Yum. Kinda tasted like a frozen dessert made of pumpkin pie batter with finely finely chopped dried fruits. I totally dug it and it was a small serving, so it was even better!

This place was a little too fancy and special to bring out my camera and start snapping away... so no photos, but imagine. Better yet, GO THERE when you are in San Antonio.

Puffy Taco Anyone?

by ChartIt about Henry's Puffy Taco's

I wasnt sure what a Puffy Taco was but now that I know I have a hankering for these deep fried fluffy taco's. The staff is friendly and the food is hot and served to the counter quick. Though they have a lot of other food options and I am told their quesadillas are good I tend to stick to the puffy tacos. There are two Puffy Taco locations, we tend to eat at the one off of Woodlawn. The only thing that would make this better would be the cheese and sour cream being included in the price of your tacos. Which they are extra. Their margaritas are average on flavor but strong on alcohol; at least mine was. Spicy Fajita Steak Puffy Taco Plate. When you are in the mood for a flavorful dish unusual dish it fits. But dont order the Puffy taco if you want to eat it with your hands and stay clean. Also dont order the puffy taco if you want a low fat, not greasy food. The Puffy taco more often then not will leave your hands and lips greasy. But if you are in the mood for grease I say go for it.

The San Antonio River Walk

by littlesam1

This is probably the greenest place in San Antonio. There are many restaurants, shops, and places of interest to visit along the walk. In a hot and dry place like San Antonio this is a very welcome spot. See my travelogue for more pictures.

Comments