Super 8 Downtown Riverwalk

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 50% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about San Antonio

Just choose a Reuben!Just choose a Reuben!

Statue of Samuel GompersStatue of Samuel Gompers

The GateThe Gate

View from the towerView from the tower

Travel Tips for San Antonio

Latin Central :)

by darthmilmo

Did you know... San Antonio has the largest percentage of latinos in any city on the US. Bet you thought it was Los Angeles, California or Miami, Florida. LA does have a higher population figure, but not percentage wise.

Fredericksburg

by darthmilmo

Fredericksburg is a lovely town with German roots. It makes for a nice change of pace from the city. If you love shopping or eating, you will love this town :). There is a really nice wild flower store nearby worth a visit.

A Poke in The Ribs....Or.....A Goose ?

by LovesherFirebird about Dicks Last Resort

The atmosphere at Dick's is like no other. It is a complete riot. Take your sense of humor with you. You'll need it! The theme is sarcastic. Pity the person who wanders in unaware. The furnishings are mismatched, and well worn. Casual and comfortable. They have a terrific live jazz band for entertainment. You won't encounter a hostess nor will you encounter a menu or plate. Thats right, I said No Menu. Well, not one you can hold anyway. The menu is on a few large chalkboards. Plenty big enough for the viewing. We found our way to a table and made ourselves at home. As we discussed the menu selections, someone sat down at our table with us. As we looked at the stranger , wondering what was going on. He propped his feet on the chair next to himself and asked we were ever going to place an order because he had other things to get done. He did not write down our order either. We had five people at our table. The service was relatively fast considering the place was full. I had ordered a shrimp dinner and the person next to me had ordered chicken strips. The waiter returned and placed a sheet of butcher paper in front of each person, about the size of a placemat. Yes, the white kind meat markets use to wrap with. He also gave us silverware. The paper place mat was to be our plate. I got my shrimp, person next to me got the strips but we had no fries. We asked for fries and he said sarcasticly "yea, I'll think about it". He came back with one butcher paper full of french fries. Sat them down and told us we would have to just share those. There was plenty of fries for the both of us. He did the same thing to the others in our party with any one who had the same side dish. It was funny. You had to be there. Everyone had a great attitude and we laughed all night long. The place has some very intimate decorations that come in all "cup" sizes. I think Victoria's Secret may be missing a few items.....Dick's Last Resort is not somewhere to take children under age 15 because of the adult nature. The food is delicious and simple fare. Steak, Ribs, Fish, Chicken, Burgers ect... Sides were beans, cole slaw, salad, fries or baked potato. A few simple deserts like cobbler & pie. Portions were plentiful and well worth the cost. Prices ranged from $7.99 to $15.99 about average. Did I mention alcohol is served with a joke.
This place is great fun in a relaxing atmosphere. Stop in and enjoy. I do, everytime I go to San Antonio.

Breakfast Chain

by msbrandysue about Ihop

Everyone knows Ihop as a pancake/breakfast chain. I don't think anyone ever expects excellent service here. But this place was definitely the worst of the worst. We came after the big breakfast rush (around noon). The service people were just not friendly. To me, that makes a big difference. I can eat sloppy, horrible fast food and can be perfectly happy as long as I get a "have a good day" or "thank you" which I always say in return.

The food was just extra greasy and the eggs weren't good. I don't come here often but I've had much better food before. I like the appetizer sampler, ham and cheese melt, and turkey melt.

"Dancing in front of Jesus"

by larsy

We went to mission San Jose for our anniversary to attend the Mariachi mass. It was a lovely service and at the end the priest called up all the brithdays and anniversaries. The mariachi music started up and the preist told us to start waltzing. It was quite fun even though it took me a while to get over dancing in fromt of 200 strangers. I suggest and anniversary couples should go to the mass.

Comments