Super 8 Motel San Antonio Near Seaworld

Satisfaction Terrible

More about San Antonio

Daytime photoDaytime photo

Strolling through the Alamo gardensStrolling through the Alamo gardens

Lucas at the Sea Lion Show (background)Lucas at the Sea Lion Show (background)

The Fairmount HotelThe Fairmount Hotel

Travel Tips for San Antonio

A Wonderful Ethnic Mix of People

by KimberlyAnn

We found a wonderful mix of Hispanics, African Americans, Caucasians, and other ethnic groups. The people we rode the bus with each day were very friendly, and we felt quite safe and comfortable. If you would like to get a taste of the Mexican culture visit Market Square located by Dolorosa, Santa Rosa, W. Commerce streets, and I-35. A market has operated on this site for more than a century. A few specialty shops and Mexican restaurants can be found here. You may hear street musicians, and I understand that you can often see artists at work in the outdoor plaza on weekends.

Ripley's Haunted Adventure

by Yaqui

I have seen these museums all over the country. One in Hollywood, Vegas, Canada and now San Antonio. Although, these museums are fascinating, but a little scary too. So be prepared. I know it scared me...lol!

301 Alamo Plaza, San Antonio, TX 78205
Across From The Alamo

Steak done right

by mezaleski about Texas Land and Cattle

My son had recommended it but he had visited their location near the airport. This may be a chain restaurant, but the food is pretty special. The service was just as special, even though the surroundings were ranch house. We timed our visit right and got to walk right in. On our way out there were quite a number of people waiting to enjoy their offerings. The Silver Spur Filet may look small, but it is reputedly the best item on the steak menu. I found mine to be exquisite.

Great for Breakfast

by raevnzno about Gini's Restaurant & Bakery

Gini's is known for their Tea Party and Poetry. We went for Breakfast on one day, and lunch on another. Both meals were great. The menu includes many vegetarian options. House Omlet.
Pleanty of food to get your day started. Chose the homemade bread for your toast....yummy

Spanish Colonial Style with Art Museum-A MUST SEE

by hbukusa

My first visit was for college course requirement - I came and fell in love with the wonderful atmosphere of the building.

We were to write about the collections of art (anything from the following modern artists Paul Cézanne, Vincent van Gogh, Auguste Rodin, Henri Matisse, and Pablo Picasso, to Edward Hopper, Georgia O’Keeffe, John Sloan, and Marsden Hartley and more besides). But nothing stired my interest more than that the house itself. I just wanted to "live" here as Marion Koogler McNay did in this 24 room house, surrounded by 23 landscaped acres built in the late 1920's. I looked down on the moorish courtyard and relaxed in the sun surrounded by balconies and wrought iron lamps - relaxing perfection.

Although admission is free - a $5 bill is recommended - please pay and keep up this awesome building for the future.

Comments