4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Starwood's Riverwalk Location

Thanks to plenty of business travel throughout the years, I have amassed a large number of frequent stay points at Starwood Preferred Guest. With our baby on the way, Sarah and I decided to cash in on a few of these points while we could both enjoy them. We chose the Westin Riverwalk for its location primarily, and were not disappointed. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were upgraded to a suite, and received some complimentary fruit juice in the lobby. We also got there just in the knick of time, as the NBA team from Minnesota was departing having played a game that evening against the local Spurs.
    Our room was definitely spacious, with a very open design. The window opened up to a city view, which was fine since we would be spending a lot of time on the Riverwalk later anyway. The bathroom had a nice bathtub for Sarah to relax in, and there was internet service so I could check my Virtualtourist.com page for things to do in San Antonio. Included in the package on points were breakfast coupons for two in the downstairs restaurant, and/or a to-go package of muffins and juice if you were in a hurry. The second night we were there, the Houston Rockets arrived and in the morning, we got the chance to meet Shane Battier and Tracy McGrady from the Rockets in the lobby. Overall, I would highly recommend the Westin Riverwalk for its beautiful bed and location, as well as the amenities available to you.

Unique Quality: Location in proximity to the Riverwalk

• viajeras2's Profile Photo

HOTEL RESORT

VERY NICE SERVICE,,,,EXCELENT DECORATION...NICE LOCATION...
    Relaxing and convenient, the Alamo, La Villita, Market Square and the Convention Center are all just minutes away. Meeting planners will appreciate The Westin Riverwalk’s 23,000 square feet of meeting space, and all guests will enjoy the soothing, comfortable rooms, most with balconies overlooking the river. Rejuvenate in the state-of-the-art WestinWORKOUT® Gym or relax with a soothing spa service. Dine at Zocca, a rustic-style Italian restaurant located on the River Walk.

With 473 oversized guest rooms and 66 suites are all decorated in a style reminiscent of historic Texas. Take in the beautiful river and city views, and relax in their signature Heavenly Bed®. The spacious marble bathrooms feature the Heavenly Bath® and our Junior Suites have separate showers and soaking tubs for ultimate relaxation.

Unique Quality: EXPENSIVE BUT NICE

Directions: DOWNTOWN

More about Westin Riverwalk

Loved the Westin Riverwalk - there is no better place!

by TripAdvisor Member txgirlmrs

My husband and I have stayed twice at the Westin Riverwalk. It is such a nice hotel and the staff are friendly. Well worth the money, too. We recently stayed at another hotel on the river and it was dirty. I think we learned our lesson - pay a little extra money to stay at a nicer hotel.

Wonderfull place to stay

My husband and i just got back from he westin riverwalk and it was a gorgeous place to stay we had a jr suite an it was beautiful we had a marble bathroom a big shower and the bed oh it was so great very soft and heavenly....The service there was absolutely wonderfull when you needed something there was always someone there quickly...There was a live band that was awesome down in front of the bar area....I would recomend this hotel to anyone its very afodable as well.....

great for kids and adults alike

by TripAdvisor Member clevelandArlington

We just stayed 2 nights at the Westin Riverwalk with 2 active boys in tow and had a great time. It is an elegant hotel but kid friendly too. My boys loved the goody bags upon arrival and the bedtime stories via recording that they could choose. It's a good location for touring the major sites and catching a riverboat. The staff even went to our car to fetch a forgotten teddy late one night!

Beautiful Hotel!

The Westin in my opionion is flawless. ...As a travel agent I have the opportunity to stay in some really nice hotels.The Westin Riverwalk rates as one of the best I have stayed in. The staff is very helpfull and freindly. This property is very well maintained and kept spotlessly clean.Our room was large and had a realy cool bathroom with marble bath and granite sink.Lots of room in the bath! The 2 double heavenly bedded room (and they are in deed heavenly!) featured a balcony that looked out over the riverwalk and a large granite topped desk. The lobby is beautiful as well as the lounge. On Saturday,they had live entertainment. ...'Just can not say enough good things about this property..HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Stayed 4-8 March '04

Unorganized hotel staff

This "W" hotel was so unpleasant! I have never had one problem with a "W" hotel! I had numerous ones at The Westin Riverwalk. The staff was nice but very unorganized. Valet took forever when we arrived! There were atleast 8 cars waiting in front of ours to check in and more behind ours in the street. They got our reservation wrong. I had even confirmed the reservation the night before. I had requested a roll away for our 3 year old. and it was not in the room. I received it at 9:30 p.m. They messed up our room service order both mornings that we dined in. We had to call twice for extra pillows because they never came. The mini bar was not full. The TV would not let me express check out so I had to do it at the front desk. On the day of check out, we called for help with our bags and called for our car to be brought around. They never came for our bags so we brought them down ourselves. Our car was not on the drive. We gave them our valet ticket number again. We waited 20 minutes and I asked the Valet manager again. Our keys were sitting on the counter in front of him. Oh, Service Express was a joke. This is what you dial for Valet, room Service, Dry Cleaning, etc...On average, I had to let the phone ring 10 times or more before they answered. The hotel was beautiful and the rooms were beautiful but the staff was terrible.

Bed far from Heaven.

Nice hotel but don't fall for the Heavenly bed advertisements....we did and I must say it is far from Heavenly and a little bit more hellish.
The mattress was hard and uncomfortable, for the price of the room you probably could do better at any of the other nice hotels. The main reason we booked here was because of this so called pillow top mattress that people were raving about, but hey if sleeping on a hard bed is your thing you'll enjoy this bed....I did mention this to the staff but was told all rooms are like this.we will not be staying here the next time we visit.

Bed was truly heavenly

We were in SA for Spring Break. Originally booked a room at the Marriott Rivercenter but got bumped to the Westin. When we walked into the beautifully decorated lobby, we were very impressed. Then we got upgraded to a riverview room, which is a larger room with a balcony overlooking the pool and the riverwalk. The bathroom is huge with marble everywhere. The double-head shower is awesome. However, the kicker for us was the double down comforter and the padded mattress. I have never slept better in a hotel room. I recommend this place to anybody who wants a quiet, away from the crowd scene to stay here, yet still be close to the riverwalk and restaurants (only a short walk to Casa Rio). The only drawback is that there is no jacuzzi/whirlpool in this hotel and the outdoor pool is not heated.

pet-friendly hotel

by tinyvulture

can anyone recommend a hotel in san antonio that allows small dogs? we're looking for something close to the riverwalk, preferably under $120/night. thanks!

Re: pet-friendly hotel

by yvr

Motel 6 allows a dogs.

Re: pet-friendly hotel

by hoofhearted

Starwood hotels (Westin, Sheraton) promote a dog friendly atmosphere. The Westin Riverwalk will be a bit more than $120, though! Take a look at the Emily Morgan, they even have a "pet menu".

Comments