326 West Hopkins, San Marcos, Texas, 78666, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• Would Not Recommend!

My daughter and I had a girls weekend and thought staying at theCRI would be wonderful. The pics were great and I had stayed there many years ago with my family. We booked the Pedernales room on the front side of the house (not the main house). There was a wedding going on that weekend so we kind of got shoved aside! The room was burning up when we got there. I had to search everywhere for the thermostat which I found later in the hall and took over it. I don't really know if that was acceptable but no one gave us any information or direction about anything. The traffic and noise outside kept me up to approx.2:30a.m. Apparently there is a bar just next door to the houses. I had a phone number for the owner I guess (thought it was the main house number) and would call with questions, she stated that I should call the main house number and ask them any questions I may have. She was very rude!! No one gave us any direction about anything...time of breakfast, where can I get extra supplies, etc...????? They were so worried about the wedding that they did not have time for us. The parking was horrible!!!!! There were very few spaces. Needless to say, we will NEVER go back! It is a shame because it is a nice looking place. Suggestions for imporovement: better customer service, provide more information, get rid of the bar down the road, better attitudes of the people who work there, communicate better with staff so that everyone is on the same page, and better parking!

• Horrible!

The Crystal River Inn

What a complete disappointment! If I could give this NO Stars, I would! This was meant to be a special mother-daughter get-a-away. For years I’ve been raving about different bed and breakfast stops that my husband and I have stayed in and enjoyed so much we’ve become return guests. Let me tell you, that I will NOT be a return guest here.

We never met the owner, which seemed odd. Every B&B we’ve ever stayed in we’ve been welcomed kindly by the owner and told about the town and the history off the inn. Not here. We were just asked to sign in...that is it; I’ve had a friendlier welcome at a low budget hotel.

When entering “our” room (THE FRIO) we clicked on the light and the fan, dust flew off of the fan blades and got us both sneezing! The mirrors all around the room were smudged and dirty, caught your eye immediately! Not classy!

A B&B being old is quaint and part of the charm. But dirty and unclean there is no charm in that! The white on the bedspread and canopy looked a grayish tint from years of dust? We pulled back the bed and were shocked to see the wrinkled pillow cases and sheets, it seemed like someone had slept there the night before and just pulled the comforter back up, or that the sheets were pulled out of the dryer in a wad.

The wicker bedroom furniture cushions were dirty, looked like yard furniture brought inside!

After a long hot day at the outlet center (we were SO tired) we were both ready to come and relax and use our bath goodies for a nice tub. Uh, no. There was no way I wanted to even step foot in that tub! With the black mold around it, and the dingy rubber mat in the tub neither one of us wanted to brave sitting in it! We went to the dollar store and bought a small bath mat to sit on, but still we were both out of the bathroom in less than a few minutes because we did not want to be in that tub!
    The toilet was temperamental and would not flush twice!

The room was SO hot we were sweating! With no way to control the temperature from our room we were uncomfortably hot all night long!

We were surprised to read on one of the laminated sheets in the bedroom to "not put up with the parting neighbors any time past 11pm to call the police or the staff". Sure enough soon after 9pm we heard the party getting started who knows what time that racket ended.

The street noise from that front bedroom is horrible! You’re constantly hearing cars, and loud motorbikes! And the train! Oh, the train whistles that really added to the “peaceful rest” that neither one of us could see coming!

In our room you could hear every word said in the hallway and the kitchen! I guess the kitchen is employee hang out area, because we heard talking and clanging for hours!

The bedroom door has a window opening that lets in the hallway light, that shines in your face while your sitting in bed in what you’d hope would be a nice quite dark room.

We finally got to sleep right about the time it was time to wake up and walk to breakfast. No coffee pot in our room, No hairdryer. Only one shampoo packet, and a used bottle of lotion and Mr. Bubble! One pack of cranberry snacks. And an open tampon packet in the bathroom basket. Iron but no ironing board.

We walk into the dinning room and hear a lady on the phone; we are left sitting there for a good while, until a shy teenage looking girl asks if we would like coffee. Our entire stay we were never spoken to by an adult who worked there! Not once!

Our breakfast was a cold keish, which gave us both upset stomachs soon after we ate it!

After our one night experience we’d both had enough and left the room neatly and decided that another night would be more than we could take!

My mother said, “No, more Bed and Breakfast” stays for me! I feel horrible that this was her first B&B experience. I love Bed and Breakfast Inn’s but I’ve got to say that if this were my first, I’d say the same thing! “No more!”

I am just so disappointed! The pictures and website were so welcoming! But that is a completely different story with the people who work here and the lack of care put into the room we stayed in!

It is pretty sad when the staff AND room cleanliness and quality at the Baymont Inn tops that of The Crystal River Inn! I’d be embarrassed of the cleanliness and friendliness of this B&B, if I was the owner! From small details to the droopy flowers in the room, to big ones like the lack of cleanliness and making your guest feel welcome.

An expensive let down! Frown ... !

Comments