The first settlers came to Schertz around 1843. The first name of Schertz was "Cibolo Pit," then "Cut Off," because of when the Cibolo Creek flooded, the settlement was cut off. In 1899 it officially became Schertz, Texas named after Sebastian Schertz who owned and operated a general store when the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway built through the area.
Randolph Air Force Base was a big boost to Schertz economy in the late 20's.
"More to come..."
Schertz is located northeast of San Antonio on the IH-35 corridor. One day the whole IH-35 route from Dallas to San Antonio will just be one huge developed area. San Antonio is roughly less than 20 minutes away.