Days Inn South Padre Island

Econo Lodge
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• TERRIBLE HOTEL

Staff was so rude from the minute we walked in. They had sent me an e-mail a week before out reservation saying we didn't need to call everything was going to be fine. I get there and the manager drops a $50 deposit fee on me for each of us that were staying. He told me I should have called and I would have found out about it (we weren't financially prepared for losing $150) and it was no where on the booking info or website. Me and two other friends counted a total of 23 bodily fluid stains on the chairs, floor, and bedding. The sheets had not been changed from the last visit (there was trash still under the covers from who ever stayed there last.) Every morning I would find cockroaches in the bathroom....as if any of the above isn't gross enough....I will NEVER recommend or return to this forsaken hotel. Absolutely a let down and COMPLETE waste of money. I should have paid $30 a night instead of $120 for this terrible, horrible place.

Unique Quality: Pool is extremely tiny and only goes to 5 ft depth.
    Sheets still dirty
    White stains everywhere
    Way too rude

Directions: Right off padre blvd.

More about South Padre Island

Wedding Day 8/11/07Wedding Day 8/11/07

really fun slides!really fun slides!

the beachthe beach

December in the gulfDecember in the gulf

tar balls

by Ttotal

Is anybody aware of any tar balls on the beaches of SPI? I hear the tar balls found near Galveston are being attributed to the BP fiasco in the gulf.

Re: tar balls

by jethanand

Tar balls in South Padre Island are not a new phenomenon by any means. I cannot opine on the most curent ones being seen.

We visited both South Padre Islan, North Padre Island and Galveston, back in 1984 when I saw them on S P Island ONLY.

Re: tar balls

by mccalpin

SPI is some 400 miles southwest of Houston, and the currents generally are running to the east. There weren't any tar balls in Galveston either, until a storm forced some of the oil to the west.

As noted, tar balls are a fact of life at any time all along the Texas coast, although seldom anything to worry about. I think SPI is still cleaning up from hurricane Alex, which dumped loads of seaweed on the beaches...

Bill

Travel Tips for South Padre Island

Location

by deeper_blue

South Padre Island is in the extrem south east of Texas right on the Mexican border. It is joined to the mainland by an impressive suspension bridge. It's a popular retreat fro Texans, although it's a little pricey.

Biker's Fest

by TexasDave

Generaly held the 2nd or 3rd weekend of October(check website), thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts from many different parts of U.S. and Mexico migrate to SPI. At times the island sounds like an over-sized bee hive from all the bmm-bmm-bmm's of the "hogs". Scenic rides are arranged (one to Matamoros on the Mexican border) as well as concerts, an open-air Biker's Breakfast, booths selling biker accesories, etc. Harley-Davidsons prevail. Most activities take place at the Convention Center or the Schlitterbahn parking lot.

Check out the end of the island

by coloradochris

When you are down at South Padre you need to go check out the the end of the island were there are no buildings and the pavement ends. This is a great place to see durning the day, as well as also going back and looking at night.
Don't drive over the sand dunes because it is illegal, but if you go at night there are access points that you can travel across to drvie on the beach by the water, you will need a 4 wheel drive if you are going to do this, if you don't you will get stuck in the sand. have a good day

don't make our mistake

by ctietbohl about NEW WAVE - sign says International Buffet

My wife and I went to Brownsville, TX to do some sightseeing. We looked for a place to eat that was pretty crowded because we find if a lot of people eat there it must be good. Bad Mistake this time. This place had the worst food we ate on our trip. It is buffet style dining. My wife had diarrhea soon after leaving the restaurant. I had only one plate, and tried to pick only hot food, so I had no ill effects. Two buffets $14.05. without drinks

Cheap decor, good food

by ctietbohl about Dirty Al's

My wife and I were definitely Not impressed with the decor in this place. But, we certainly enjoyed the food. Cheap tables and chairs, loud and crowded is how I would describe this place. But, I ordered Med. Shrimp & Oyster Basket and substituted Onion rings for the fries. My wife ordered the Large Fried Shrimp Basket, and we both got Iced Tea. We really liked the food here. But, the food came in baskets and there was no silverware. Drinks were included. I really liked the Onion Rings and we both loved the Shrimp. Total cost $22.53.

Comments