La Copa Inn Resort

La Copa Inn Beach Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

• South Padre's Family & Pet Friendly Hotel

We enjoyed our stay at LaCopa Inn. The room faced the beach and was very comfortable. We were right above the pool and when we closed the door leading to the patio, the sounds from the kids playing in the pool were pretty much drowned out. We had two queen beds that were so comfortable that we decided to try to buy a new mattress like the ones we enoyed at the hotel. The continental breakfast was more than we expected. We enjoyed it. I loved waking up early and sitting on the balcony watching the sun rise . The only complaint I had was the shower head which didnt deliver the water at a heavier stream the way I like it to. I loved how close the hotel was to the beach. The only regret I had was that we didnt get to stay longer. We are definitely going back as soon as we can and plan to stay longer. I love South Padre Island and I love the Lacopa Inn. Try it....I hope you like it as much as we did.

Unique Quality: The room we had had a great view of the ocean. We didnt get to enjoy the pool but it looked nice. The people working there seem very nice and accomodating. I would defintiely recommend the hotel.

• lisa85202's Profile Photo

This used to be a Best Western

I stayed here with my family in June 2010, it used to be a Best Western. The location on the beach was great, the room was spacious with a fridge/microwave, decent food to eat on site, by the pool, good price.

Free breakfast~ standard fare.

A nice pool and hot tub, and when we stayed, we received a complimentary drink from the bar.

Unique Quality: Very comfortable beds, and we had a spacious room.

Given it's location, it can get crowded, check with the hotel for any special events that may be going on in the area.

Directions: Just across the causeway on South Padre Island

More about La Copa Inn Resort

Nice Hotel

Stayed recently at this hotel. Overall, I really liked it. Of course, it is not going to be the nicest hotel you will ever sleep in, but it was nice. The room was very clean, and the hotel staff did a great job of cleaning it once we were gone during the early part of the day. I really liked the fact that the beach is very close to the hotel. Also, I would recommend that you look online for some good rates. We managed to book three nights for $109.00. We did call to get the rates before we booked online and it was roughly $160.00 per night. There was actually this lady who just showed up and I overheard them giving her that rate so do your research. The only thing I really didn't like was the parking. The parking -----, especially if you go out and get back after midnight. Basically, if you are late, you have to park across the street in this small parking lot and it doesn't look like it is very secure, but we had no choice. Besides that, we had a great experience. I would recommend it. I didn't have any problems with the staff, but I also only saw them when I checked in and when I checked out so maybe that made a difference. Good hotel. Would stay there again. P.S. Get a room with an ocean view. Wish I had. Oh, and I didn't have any problems with the construction next door. But, I was also on the farthest side from the construction so that probably explains it.

Great Vacation at La Copa!!

This place offers so much for it's price! My husband and I are 23 with two kids and this place was perfect for us. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is very friendly, especially the guy at the area attractions booth. I loved it's location and the boardwalk out to the beach is nice. They have movie nights and game nights, free yoga classes which is neat. Every night they have a happy hour with two drinks per adult with snacks and sodas for the kids. Their breakfast was good too. . .even better that it was free! Overall, this place was real nice, laid back and we definately plan on going back again. But in all fairness, here are my complaints:
1. The parking lot is too small.
2. The guy serving the drinks at happy hour had RAP music playing 4 out of five nights we were there. The other night was country which I prefer. LOL
I'm sure that he would have changed it if someone had asked though, because he was very nice.
3. Get to the breakfast area early because the waffles always have a huge line after about 8:00.

This place is perfect for families. There was never a problem with noise or people just there to party.

Loved the Hotel and Staff

by TripAdvisor Member LaLaLa12

This hotel is right of the causeway on the beach- nice boardwalk to beach.We liked the Happy hour ( Free beer,wine and snacks- nachos's etc ).Construction next door but not noisy.Good location

Great Hotel!!

Stayed at La Copa Inn on 09/24/05. The hotel is very nice and clean, located right on the beach. We liked the happy hour with free nachos, pretzels, sodas and beer!! Very large rooms with 2queen beds and a pull-out sofa bed. Nice hotel staff and no problems checking in. Free continental breakfast, fitness facility and an outdoor pool. Will definitely stay at La Copa Inn again.

It was nice and very convinent

It was nice i went to stay the weekend with but what really kind sucked is that the people don't even let you play a radio they were complaining like is was blasting literaly the tv went louder that the radio was the hotel was great the people in weren't as great you have to keep in mind as well it was about 5:00pm not late well the service was grand the hotel was located on the beach well the walk is not bad at all then the food is good and is was really nice to be there i was there for splash an alternative living style celebration and was there with my girlfriend she loved it...

Terrible Staffing

The hotel itself is alright, but my main complaint is the very unfriendly front desk staff. The head housekeeper was extremely rude and entered our room on two occasions without knocking, using her key card. We will not return to this establishment.

5 STARS coming from a Travel Agent!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelAgentShan

I must say that in all of the locations I have stayed in, this one was a great pleasure! After reading the other reviews, I did not experience anything bad or negative.

We (2 adts and a teenager) stayed Jan 1st for 1 night. I came to this location after having a very bad experience at another property 3 blocks down. I found the lobby to be very welcoming and warm. Nicely decorated and looked as if they cared. The activites desk is right when you come in and signs welcoming you with an invitation to Happy Hour greets you.

Once in the lobby we were greeted right away. I explained that we had a bad experience elsewhere. They offered a regular room with a partial view (1 queens and a pull out sofa) for a very reasonable price. $79 (Sunday night stay) plus taxes.

The rooms were larger than average. Clean and warm colors. Each room has a microwave and fridge along with a safe. Coffee maker, hair dryer etc.... Things women grow to appreciate while on vacation.

We tried the pool area which was GREAT! Just the right temp. The hotel is right on the beach with chair rentals.

Happy Hour is daily with free beer, wine, sodas and nachos. A nice touch that you wont see FREE anywhere else on South Padre.

Breakfast was good, Lots to choose from and hot waffles. In some of the other properties that advertise free breakfast, usually means donuts and juices.

After staying here i will only stay here when I return. Lots to do. Many services and good location!

Upon check out is when I advised them that I was a travel agent and that I was impressed with the property and ammenities.

Definatly put them on the top of your list to get pricing. I am glad I did!

5 STARS *****

Huge Room

by TripAdvisor Member motherof6

We stayed at La Copa Inn for one night in late December. We found the desk staff very friendly. We paid a little extra for an executive queen room, and it was HUGE. Our room (#240) overlooked the beach, and the swimming pool. It was very quiet inside, but outside on the balcony there was an constant high-pitched machine sound at the construction next door. We didn't partake of the free happy hour or the breakfast the next morning, but everything looked and smelled good.

La Copa Inn is probably the best value on SPI.

Above average hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Drayllig

Stayed at LaCopa from 2/23 - 2/26. Overal pleasant experience. The staff was prompt and helpful, but could work on exuding some warmth to their guests. The room was ready on time and clean. They offer many in hotel conveniences. They had happy hour each night, showed a nightly movie and had computers available for free internet access. There was construction going on the south side of the building but I never heard it.

Some things could be improved. The matresses were a bit hard for my taste. The towels were hit or miss. Some were okay, others were very thin. The shower water pressure and temperature were inconsistent. Parking was a challenge. If you plan to come back to the hotel after 8, you will likely have a long walk to get into the hotel from the parking lot.

Overall the hotel was several steps above decent and a good value for the money and on the beach location.

Do yourself a favor and don't stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member fifigirl

We was unpleasantly surprised at La Copa Inn and Resort, since the majority of the reviews were positive. The desk staff is rude and act like you are bothering them. All the carpeting in the hallways and rooms is worn and stained. The color scheme in the rooms is unlike anything we have ever seen and I don't mean that in a good way; olive and apricot walls, teal and red carpeting, rust sofa, orange, red and green curtains and bedspreads. Not exactly calming and relaxing. The beds were rock hard with springs poking through in places. There was dirt built up in the corners of the room, so you can tell they don't get a thorough cleaning. There is construction going on next door, and the racket starts about 7 AM. The hallways reek of cigarette smoke because there are no separate nonsmoking floors. The smoking rooms are interspersed throughout the hotel. There is a continental breakfast, if you can get to it. The dining room is packed, dirty, messy and noisy. The elevators are the slowest we have ever encountered, plus there are no staff elevators. We just used the stairs, even though we were on the 3rd floor. It was much faster. After one night we checked out, even though we had booked three nights online and would not get our money back.

Greg on the beachGreg on the beach

The Name Says it All!The Name Says it All!

Our motel was right on the beach.Our motel was right on the beach.

Yes, its all real sand!Yes, its all real sand!

Best Place to stay

by summertrish

WE are thinking of visiting South Padre Island the last week of Jan - Feb.
My husband and I usually stay at Hilton or Marriotts, or places of historic status. What hotel can you suggest that best meets this criteria?
We would like to be on/walking distance to the beach and not just a
brick building. Need some atmosphere.
Thanks,
PHD

Re: Best Place to stay

by malonek

Hey, the Sheraton is beachfront and very nice. The Radisson is also nice,but a bit more "worn" and not as well maintained in my opinion. There are some smaller places that are not beach front. In late January or early February, you will have your pick....this is the slow season in SPI

Comments