7000 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, Texas, 78597, United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Beach
Expedia.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• Misconception

OMG...Horrible stay at the La Quinta Inns & Suites @ South Padre Island. To list the things that were disgusting, see below.
    -Moldie and smelly room
    -Stained lamp shades
    -Covered hole in the bathroom ceiling
    -Musky smelling comforters
    -Old faded Sylvain T.V.
    -Chipped cork stand for mini fridge
    -Rusty and cigarette stained balcony
    -Molded door lock to balcony
    -Dingy, dirty and smelly sleeper sofa
    -Faded toilet seat
    -2 baby roaches

Never stay at this hotel and if you chose to do so, ask to view the room first and look for at least 1 or 2 of the things I found in my room when I stayed there. The manager's excuse was that they are in the process of remodeling, but I saw no evidence of such. All the manager offered me was a free upgrade the next time I visited South Padre Island.

Unique Quality: The front desk staff and concierge were nice.

Directions: Upon crossing the bridge and arriving in South Padre Island, make a left at the fork and go to the end of Padre Island Blvd.

More about La Quinta Inn And Suites South Padre Resort

Never, in all my life, have I experienced such!

La Quinta South Padre, 7000 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, Tx. is the best home-away-from-home I have ever been to. That is no kidding folks! Y'all just gotta' come see the cleanliness, see the smiles of the guests and the team effort put forth from those who cheerfully serve you. The atmosphere is graceful and up-beat. The team at La Quinta have somehow struck that sought after balance and people of all ages, from all walks of life, should feel comfortable here. I have never in all my life experienced such happiness.

loved the La Quinta Motel

We had a wonderful time at S. Padre Island. Stayed at the La Quinta. Management and all the workers were very friendly and helpful. They had a breakfast every morning with fresh made waffles and a happy hour every evening. There is someone always cleaning something and it is very well kept. A plus, the hotel is so close to the ocean that you just walk off the patio to enjoy the sand and surf. We would definitely go back again

Front Desk Staff Needs More Training

by TripAdvisor Member staunchsteve

When making reservations for a 3 nt stay, we specifically requested two adjoining rooms. Also, we confirmed this via phone call directly to the hotel the night before. When arriving, I gave the desk clerk my name and he asked, "Would you like the two rooms close together?" I told him we had confirmed the rooms "adjoining" and he simply said "Sorry, Don't have any left". Well, that started the whole stay off wrong. I then asked if the adjoining rooms would be available for the next two nts and he said yes. I returned to the front desk at noon the following day as requested and the rooms were "almost ready". We left and came back at 4:00 and not only were the rooms still not ready, the person that was supposed to be checking out of one of the rooms was standing on the other side of the front desk requesting to "stay over another nt". None of the obviously new front desk people was able to handle this situation professionally. They all looked at each other like this was their first day. If it was, it is mgt. fault that a senior member was available to handle problems. Finally a mgr. came over and got everything straightened out. Bottom line is that about two hours of our time was wasted messing with incompetent customer service staff. Other than that, the hotel is a great value, has a great location right on the beach, and is very clean and comfotable. The evening "happy hour" is very good as there were comp. soft drinks, cold beer and wine along with nachos, cheese, hamburgers and hot dogs. Educate the folks at the front desk and this will be a five star rated property.

Christmas & New Years vacation

by TripAdvisor Member BeachLady40

We stayed 6 days over the Holidays & had a lovely time, the only concern we had was why a Hotel this nice did not have enough wash cloths to go around, this was on a daily basis that we had to go ask for this item, other than that it was very nice.

Beautiful ocean view

My stay here was too short, but every minute of it was enjoyable. I stayed in a ocean view suite and I can honestly say the entire room is bigger than 1/3 of my house!!! It was worth it, with the balcony over looking the ocean and pool side. They offer plenty to do if you run out of ideas and can even set you up a trip to Progresso, Mexico. Staff is friendly and eager to make your stay an event. A+ all the way :)

Nice place!

by TripAdvisor Member OKGirl

This was a very nice, newer hotel. The room was very comfortable, in respect to size and amenities. Housekeeping was friendly and thorough. Constant cleaning of the hallways to keep the sand and water at a minimum. Breakfast was continental, but plenty of choices. Pool and hottub were always spotless. We didn't attend the evening happy hour, but looks like a lot of other folks did. The only thing keeping this from being a "5" review:
1. Parking. Whoever designed this parking area must have had too much sun. Cramped and unless you get lucky, prepare to walk a bit to your car.
2. Front desk help. I called to get an extra pillow and a blanket for the sofa bed and I was told that there "were no extra pillows". ?? The hotel was not that crowded, so this was not a capacity issue.
All in all, a great stay. When we go back to Padre we'll glady return to this hotel. Feel free to email me with questions.

not bad considering it was Spring Break

My husband and son and I really enjoyed this hotel. We stayed the second week of "Spring Break" and you could barely tell there was sucha party going on. The hotel is at the end of the strip so most of the activity was away. Would definitely stay here again. It exceeded expectations!

One to recommend

by TripAdvisor Member Ravenhill

Excellent position, right on the beach, with direct access. The hotel is still fairly new, but understandably showing signs of a little wear in places thanks to the beach activity. Otherwise, great value, especially considering the seaview balconies, free 'happy hour' drinks and snacks, and quiet position at the north end of all SPI's commercial attractions. The breakfast was a little unexciting and could be improved. We extended our stay and would definitely return.

South Padre Island, TX

by kaluvzmc

"Nice hotels, nice sights to see, nice beaches"

We arrived in South Padre and got to our hotel, which was RIGHT off the beach. It was a pretty nice beach, not with white sand, but there was some beach with white sand about 20 minutes down the road. Our hotel was really nice, with very clean rooms. South Padre is endless fun with so many things to do.

"the beach and other things to see"

The beach was very nice. They kept it very clean and a lot of people went down there to swim. We even went on a banana boat (a long "water tube" that fits like 6 or 8 people) which took us so far out into the ocean that they couldn't even see us at the shoreline. It was kinda scary, but still A LOT of fun. There are also white beaches on South Padre Island, you just have to find them. We found a white beaches behind HUGE sand dunes down towards the end of the island. We wanted to go parasailing, but never got around to it, they do offer it though. They also offer a lot of other water activities. We went to the South Padre Schlitterbahn and it was a blast, not as big as we thought it would be, but still it was a lot of fun.

Comments