Padre South Hotel On The Beach

Valerie0321's Profile Photo

Great Experience!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 9, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for Labor day weekend and it was great! I mean its no 5 star hotel like the Sheraton but its perfect if your on a budget, why waste hundreds of dollars on a hotel when there is just so much to do in South Padre! To be honest I read several bad reviews about this hotel before booking and almost didnt stay but we took our chances and im glad we did. It really wasnt bad AT ALL!!! The location is awesome, its right on the beach and all the rooms have a private balcony with a really nice view of the beach. The front elevators were really decent, the staff was friendly, and house keeping kept up with our room and always left us clean towels. Our room came with a full size fridge and mini stove/oven and the shower was really clean and looked new like they had just remodeled it. There was no mold what so ever! The tv was modern it had a lot of channels and the bed wasnt bad either. I really liked how the hotel and our room were so clean and the staff was so nice, we would definatley stay here again!!!

Unique Quality: Awesome View of the beach from our private balcony.

I'd Rather Throw Money Out The Window

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 11, 2009

This hotel had so many problems. The bathrooms had mold in it and their were clumps of hair already in the drain when I got their. For some reason the floor would become wet and every 30 minutes we would have to use one of our precious towls to clean it up. The reason why the towls were precious was because we only got 3 a DAY! I was very upset about that. But the thing that upset me the most was their was no room service that came to me. The lady just hannded me towls and left. No one every came int ot the room to clean it. The bed smeled as if it had not been changed in a lond time and I would have been more comfortable sleeping on rocks then on that bed. The elevators were terrible exspecailly the ones that were in the back they looked nasty and very unsafe.My friend lost her swim suit off the terrice and we asked the front desk if they could see if some one woul just go out into the side thing to see if they could get it. They never sent anyone. We finally found it and the hotel didnt even put a notice to try to find it. I trufully hated this hotel and will never recomend this hotel to anyone. And bye the way the people at the front desk are very snobby . The only good thing was the veiw of the beach.

Unique Quality: The only good quality was the pool and the veiw of the beach.

Nearby Padre South Hotel On The Beach

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

South Padre Island Travel Forum

Need advice about South Padre Island, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for South Padre Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest South Padre Island hotel reviews