310 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, Texas, 78597, United States

Expedia.com Priceline.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

• malonek's Profile Photo

Nicest-Most Formal Spot on the Island

This was my fourth visit back to the Sheraton...but my first off-season visit. High Season runs from Spring Break till Labor Day. Prices drop considerably once Labor Day has passed. We were there in mid-September and the weather was still warm enough to swim and enjoy the pool area and island life with shorts and t-shirts. The Sheraton has been a mainstay in SPI for years and they have condos that can be rented as well as hotel rooms. The service is good. The atmosphere was pleasant and relaxing with a tropical style pool complete with swim-up bar and outdoor cabana style grill. Beach is just a 100 ft away. Unfortunately, there is construction on a nearby (50 yards) condominium and we were awakened each morning around 7:00 A.M....which wasn't great...but we made do.....Unfortunately, the noise went on all day. Construction should be complete in a few months. The new building appears to be one that will be tall enough to block sunlight to the Sheratons Pool area in the afternoon, which is a shame, because the Pool area at the Sheraton is the best part of the stay. If your looking for a above average place with hotel like conveniences, this is the spot.

Unique Quality: Nice Pool area!! Good views of the Pool from south side rooms....views of the beach from all rooms...Outdoor Swim-up bar and outdoor grill in the busy season. Close proximity to the beach. One of the nicer, better kept places to stay. Great for families and singles. Close to Schlitterbahn Water Park...within walking distance.

Directions: Over the bridge...turn right

• WARNING: Construction disturbance!!

Hi everyone,

I just booked a weekend at the Sheraton and want to notify people that if you want to be
    able to sleep past 8:30am you might want to stay somewhere else. Heavy machinery and
    hammering to and around the hotel (not adjacent as mentioned in hotels.com) starts
    promptly at 8:30am and lasts until 5:00pm. Just thought I would let people know since it's
    not cheap to stay here and even though the rooms are great and the view is spectacular
    the construction can become unbearable. From what I can see the construction is going
    on around the entire hotel itself so if you try to ask for a room not near the construction
    you still might be disappointed!

regards,
    -John

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

One of The First

This used to be a Sheraton and was one of the first national chain hotels on the island. It has been refurbished in 2005. For the past few years it has hosted the Sand Castle Days competition.
    It's now an independent and I don't know how it has fared since leaving Sheraton.

Directions: After crossing the Causeway, slightly to the Right, on the Gulf side of the Island.

• rsleisk's Profile Photo

For a relaxing time...!

On an earlier visit to the island we stayed at the Sheraton. This is another nice hotel right on the beach front. There was a good swimming pool and great bar area in a heated pool section.

Unique Quality: Beach front, good swimming pools, nice poolside bar.

More about Sheraton South Padre Island Beach Hotel And Condominiums

Sheraton service promise

I recently stayed at the Sheraton South Padre Island Beach Hotel & Condominiums. I was not pleased with the hotel. On the Sheraton website it states that the hotel was renovated in 2004 which is not true as you will be able to see by the enclosed photos. The view from our room was the dumpster which did not even have a lid. When we complained they offered us another room on a higher floor with the same view which we declined. What was the point? Other problems we encountered was the atiquated air-conditioner a wall unit that dripped rusty water on to the balcony. The Sheraton Service Promise states If your not satisfied were not satisfied. Sheraton's promise ensures you'll have a great stay or we will make it up to you with an instant discount, points for our reward program or even your money back. All you have to do is tell us. Not wanting to ruin the remainder of my vacation I decided to take up these issues with the customer service department after I had returned home. I e-mailed both the customer service department and the G.M. of The Sheraton South Padre Island Beach Hotel & Condominiums about the problems I had with the hotel and enclosed the same pic's that you are seeing. The customer service department got back with me in two days and offered me 7,000 starpoints which is the equivelent of one nights stay which I accepted. The instant points took almost a month before I received them and several more calls to the customer service department where I was treated extremly rudely and with conflicting information. As of today I have yet to hear from The Sheraton South Padre Island Beach Hotel & Condominiums itself about these issues although I was told over 2 weeks ago someone from the hotel would contact me. I paid over $400.00 dollers for two nights stay in a hotel that was in gross disrepair. As a picture is worth a 1000 words I will let you decide if my complaints were warrented.

GREAT !!!

by TripAdvisor Member Beachluver2

Just back from a great week at the Sheraton South Padre Island. The staff is wonderful, very helpful from the time you step foot in the hotel. We had a few problems with burnt out lights and a tub that would not drain, only two min. later the maintaince was there to fix it and then the call came to make sure they had come. They also gave us free breakfast!! They have a great pool and beach access. We are already planning a trip back to stay in a condo for next June!!! You can't go wrong at this hotel.

Loved the Sheraton SPI!

by TripAdvisor Member LLMA

Our family just returned from a 5 day trip to SPI and stayed at the Sheraton. The service there was GREAT and all the staff was very friendly and aiming to please at all times. Our safe didn't work when we checked in and literally 90 seconds after calling they were there to fix it and did right away. There are really no luxury accommodations on the island but I'd say this is one of the nicest you'll find. The pool is nice and big; our kids never got bored. Another bonus is their poolside grill is surprisingly affordable and good for hotel standards (our family of 4 had lunch for $20). You really can't go wrong here!

Great but shows some age

by TripAdvisor Member BethInHouston

Our hotel stay was good, but the hotel really shows its age. The pool area is fantastic and the beach access is great. There was an in-room safe which was a real plus with all of the trips down to the beach when we didn't want to bring our wallets and jewelry. There were some problems when we first checked in -- the a/c in the lobby area, hallways and elevators was not working well (supposedly due to the large number of people checking out that day, leaving the doors open, etc.). There aren't enough elevators (nor are they fast enough) for the number of people when the hotel is full. Several times there were 15 or 20 people waiting with us in the lobby for an elevator. We needed linens for the sofa bed in the room and had to call three times to get them delivered. Also, the door to the cabinet that contains the fridge fell off of its hinges. On the plus side, when we checked out and the desk clerk asked if our stay was "completely perfect" I mentioned the two problems (but didn't get upset or demanding). She very quickly and quietly appolgized and told me that she was going to take $70 off of our bill due to the problems!
All in all, it was a good hotel... wished we could have gotten a better rate for our weekend stay... maybe next time we'll plan ahead!

great stay

We just got back from a two night stay at the Sheraton. This is a nice hotel right on the beach. The pool was the best. It was very big with the biggest hot tub I have ever seen (with a swim up bar.) The only negative was that our room was not ready as of 3:30 so we took a room on a lower floor. It smelled like smoke so they sprayed freshner. I would have liked another room but did not want to wait. I also liked that the hotel had tile floor with area rugs. This made dealing with sand much easier and seemed cleaner than carpet. There were things such as parasailing, banana boats ect on beach. Overall I enjoyed the stay.

A great place for fun and sun

This place is just what the doctor ordered. The pool area was cleaned each day. We just loved the swin-up bar. The kids were playing and we were drinking. Once their spa is complete I'm sure this will become a resort for fun, sun and romance. If you are going to South Padre Island. Be sure to stay here.

Comments