La Quinta Houston Woodlands

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Spring

Forest Oaks Community Park, Spring, TXForest Oaks Community Park, Spring, TX

The Curve of Places...where's 200 Noble??The Curve of Places...where's 200 Noble??

Cute signs outside Yalls Texas StoreCute signs outside Yalls Texas Store

Cute shopsCute shops

Travel Tips for Spring

Are we in Canada?

by Jmill42

So, the first time I am visiting here, we go to the mall. As we are driving through the parking lot for the better part of a half hour, I turn to see a big horses face in the window! Atop it is a red-uniformed cop. Am I in Canada? Are the mounties here to save us from some terrible massacre? NO! It is the saviors from above... the Woodlands Mounties! OK, so a little melodramatic. But, it is cool, because everywhere you go, there are the mounties riding their horses scoping for crime.

This one must've thought I stunk or something... Hey you! Get back here! I'm trying to take a picture man!

The Lake with your Dream Home!

by Jmill42

If you would love to see abeautiful lake, especially around Christmas, then head up Research Forrest Blvd until you see the lake on your left. There is a play gym for the kids and lots of benches to hang out on. Their is a bike path that a lot of locals jog on so, trip as many as you can! Hey! Adam Sandler does it!

Don't miss the Mercer Arboretum

by mbwabaka

"Mercer, a great place for a walk!"

Mercer is located just off Aldine-Westfield, north of 1960. There are lots of trails and gardens, with both wild flowers and cultivated plants of all kinds. It is one of my all-time favorite places for walking, sunning, and photographing. There is a nice little interpretive house, and staff are there to answer questions. Also a small butterfly house is located back among the irises near the camellia beds.

"Lots of creatures"

The arboretum is full in interesting creatures. Lots of butterflies and other insects (yes, I have seen fire ants there too...), as well as birds, fish, snakes, turtles, armadillos, and deer.

"The pond"

The pond is my usual destination. It is about a 10 minute walk along a gravel path, back into the woods. This is an excellent place to sit on a quiet morning and soak up the sun. Overhead the pine trees reach to the sky, and an occasional jet (high enough not to be too noisy) crosses the blue expanse. Lots of turtles and fish here, and I once spent a happy hour watching a small snake pursue fish through the pondweeds.

Comments