St James Episcopal Church
The early local congregation for this church met in 1876, the first parish meeting was held in 1877. The land was donated by the Texas and Pacific Railroad with citizens from all faiths contributing to the building of the church. In 1893, 1910 and 1926, the church was altered and enlarged to its present size. The parish was pioneered to aid the elderly and other community services. The church has been listed by the Texas Historical Commission.