5201 N State Line Ave, Texarkana, TX 75503

Orbitz.com Expedia.com LQ.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• La Quinta Inn Texarkana Texas

This hotel is not the nice new one that is visible from the interstate but instead the somewhat "un-nice" one across the street. This one is on the Texas side, the new one is on the Arkansas side. This hotel is definitely not a 2.5* hotel. It is shabbily maintained. It is a two-story hotel but there is no elevator and you must go up an internal staircase and then out the door to an exterior walk-way to second story rooms. We stayed here May 5, 2009 and the check-in person was rude. I had called after making this reservation to make sure I had a room on the 1st floor as I am handicapped. I was told "no problem" However, when we arrived I was told that rooms were assigned first thing in the morning and there was no changing it now. I was also reminded that I was using Hotwire as if that should make a difference. This was not a very nice introduction. The room had an unpleasant odor, the beds were significantly different in height and there was mold in the bathroom. My husband was bitten by fleas in the night. There was a sticker on the mirror reminding us about the "free" USA Today newspaper in hte morning. I asked for one and was told they haven't had them in over a year. That really rocked my world and I proceeded to elaborate about the problems with the room and left a message for the manager to call me. This hotel was supposed to have "satisfaction guaranteed" NOT No call on the 6th. No call on the 7th. I called the hotel again and left my number and then called the 800 number. That finally got a call from April the manager who said she had "checked" the room and could not "see" any fleas. The mold had been covered by silicone and that I had peeled the silicone off the wall to reveal the mold. Hmmmm. Does that mean that they were covering rather than treating the mold. Lady, there is mold in that bathroom. When white tile has intermittant black and grey grout, that's mold. No explanation was given on the mattresses and the smell and I was again reminded that she could not refund my money because I had booked on Hotwire. These people don't want our business, they only want to fill their bad rooms with unsuspecting Hotwire customers and be done with it. This is a 1 star hotel masquerading as a 2.5* hotel. Beware it is not the Holiday Inn Express we have come to expect. Let's see if they actually do send me a coupon for a free night's stay. I would never use it here. This is one of the worst La Quinta's I have ever seen. This is the classic example of a "fleabag" hotel.

Unique Quality: None to speak of!!!

Directions: There are 2 La Quinta Inn's in Texarkana. This is the one at 5201 State Line Road in Texas. The other one is 5102 State Line in Arkansas. Stay there instead.

Comments