2301 North Milbend Dr, The Woodlands, TX, 77380
The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center
Travelocity Hotels.com Orbitz.com

More about The Woodlands Resort And Confer

Extremely disappointed, not worthy of the name "resort"

by TripAdvisor Member SfromTX

I stayed at the Woodlands Resort in the "Dogwood" building in July 2006 as an attendee at a legal conference. I was extremely disappointed in the room, and don't believe this facility should call itself a "resort" - which connotes to me clean, comfortable facilities. Instead, I spent a good hour disinfecting the room for my family. I don't think they have updated the room since the 80s. The carpet was very old and had obvious large stains. The comforter was some type of orange and green eyesore, and the furniture was very outdated made of heavy yellow-oak with formica covers. The tile was yellowish orange and the grout was dirty. The room was humid and smelled old and musty.
(The only good positive was that the water pressure in the shower was very strong!) I paid $119 (conference rate) for this disappointing room.

If you do end up staying at this hotel, you should ask the hotel staff when your room was last updated. They have newer renovated rooms that are more expensive but nicer.

An oasis for those wanting a good resort / business hotel near Houston and IAH !

by TripAdvisor Member Pinner Traveller

I stayed a couple of nights at the Woodlands Resort and Conference for a business workshop in August 2006. It’s about an hours drive north of downtown Houston and 25 minutes from Houston’s airport (IAH) and along with it good business facilities which were the reasons we selected Woodlands. It has extensive conference facilities (they have 30+ rooms of various sizes) which attract numerous companies from Houston and the surrounding area.

There are also good resort facilities including a number of swimming pools one of which is a huge outdoor pool with a two story high tower that you can slide down into the water. Other facilities include a spa, gym, tennis courts and a beautiful looking golf course which I unfortunately didn’t have time to try. All these facilities look well maintained.

Service generally was exceptionally good and especially given the hundreds of delegates they cater for in the conference facilities. Food was especially good when a buffet lunch was provided in the Glass Menagerie which is one of the hotel’s four restaurants. We also ate once in the Spartillo restaurant where the food was at best average and the service by the young waitresses somewhat casual both in their attitude and their approach to serving us. This was the one disappointment about our time at Woodlands.

It’s a good hotel and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for these business facilities in the Houston area. It would be interesting to go back at a weekend and see the contrast as I would expect it would be very different without the business customers – possibly even better !

Bad start.... great ending

by TripAdvisor Member dmoga

The Bad:

I originally reserved a two floor suite thinking this would be the perfect place (pool area) for my three year old and new born. Issues: 1. The unit was run down and smelled of mold. 2. The kitchenette didn't have a sink or stove, only an underpowered dorm room fridge. 3. Upstairs was really a loft that was guarded by a shotty railing that made me really nervous everytime my three year old walked around. 4. Getting up there was a seventies style spiral bachlor pad/deathtrap stairwell. 5. After smelling the loft for twenty minutes, my wife and I decided that the previous occupants were college students who had too many shots of jager and gotten sick on the carpet. Then the cleaning crew attempted to clean it up with some cheap industrial bubble gum smelling cleaning toxins.

We were off to a family event and didn't have time to consider changing rooms till the next morning. After killing the second cockroach the next morning, it was decided to move units or off the property.

The Good:

When I approached the staff regarding the issues, they were very friendly and understanding and suggested a Jr. suite. A single level unit (the living room is separated from the bed room by a door). which included two bathrooms, no mold smell, and very clean (The rooms remind me of Marriot Residence Inn.)

The great:

Saturday we ended up at the pool area with my brother in law's family. There was a great kiddie pool and fountain area. Attentive waitstaff (college kids) serving drinks and food. Families were so happy that the Brother n Law and I got in a round of golf. The icing on the cake was the shuttle service to/from our room.

Overall I reccomend the Woodlands resort if you have to spend time in surburban Houston.

Beautiful Tranquil Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member jmb994

We stayed here for a business conference for three nights. I agree with prior posters, that the rooms could use some updating (alot of golden oak), and agree that it's almost impossible to get a confirmation number. Still, the room was immaculate. Also. the grounds are simply beautiful, with the lakes, trees, and the flowers. The golf courses are gorgeous as well. There is something like 6 miles of jogging trails, and yes you can rent bikes. Oh, and of course there's a spa. The room we had, in the Elm section had a king sized bed, a huge desk alongside an entire wall with two chairs. There were two phones in the room, and a sofa sleeper, as well as a dining type table with 2 chairs and a separate coffee area. The bathroom was not large, but had a separate outside area with a sink and mirror. There were 2 closets, and ironing equipment. The balcony on our upstairs room had a wrought iron table and chairs, and was right over the water. I saw several people fishing off of a small bridge. The staff was always friendly and helpful. We had a small problem with a bath stopper, that was repaired within 15 minutes of our request. The soaps, shampoos and lotions are Bath and Body Works products. I guess my only real complaint is the $9.95 per day for wireless. It seems to me if you spend $199 per night they could include that in your costs. Overall, though I would stay here again. Oh, and the shopping and dining choices at The Woodlands Mall area, about 5 minutes from here, are wonderful.

Relaxing family resort- pool and staff make this place

by TripAdvisor Member slev

This was our second stay here. Booked adjoining rooms in the Fairway Pines Lodge. We used spa and dining (never left resort during 3 day stay). Overall- this place is a clean, relaxing resort that has a wonderful, friendly staff and a fantastic pool.
Pros: the pool is awesome! It is great for families young and old. It is divided to where everyone's needs are met. the kids love the underwater music and the puffy snorkeling area. I loved the slide and the zero entry pool. My parents enjoyed the quiet adult pool. The resort has extended to have many activities with a poolside balloon animal clowns and a band each day. Movie on Friday and Sat night poolside. Poolside cafe a plus for drinks even smoothies for the kids were great. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating throughout the stay. Breakfast buffett was the biggest buffet ever seen in hotel. Landscape well kept and beautiful outdoor garden feel while 1/2 mile from the mall. Spa was relaxing and women's area prompt and attentive. Rooms were quite large and very clean! Dining was always great service and not wait.

Con: seperated out a bit, walk is quite enjoyable though or they will carry you by golf carts. Town and resort mainly situated for outdoor fun- if rains you have a small bar/gameroom for resort and the spa- shopping at the mall. The food is a little pricier than Chiles; but can easily share a plate b/c the servings are huge. They do not charge, but you have to request a frig for the room. Spa books up quickly so need to reserve ahead of stay.

This was our first time here & we had a great time.

by TripAdvisor Member cc69

This was our first stay at the Resort, we had a geat time. I just wish we had , had longer to stay & enjoy everything. We were only there one night & couldnt checkin untill 3pm & had to be out by 12 noon . I wish check in was earlyer so you can really enjoy yourself. By the time we found our room, unloaded, & got setteled in it was affter 6pm & time to eat. It's hard when you have young children especialy when they have special needs & have to stay on a schedual . We didnt get to swim the first night & the pool didnt open untill 10am the next morning & we had to checkout by 12 noon . I think the pool should open at 8am or alow checkout to be later, or checkin to be earlyer.All in all its a nice place especialy if you have children, the pools are great & have a great variety of things for all ages .

This is NOT a Resort and is Way overpriced!!

by TripAdvisor Member CL

This place needs some attention and is not a "Resort" by any stretch of the imagination. It takes more than a nice pool area to justify the prices on these rooms.

Stay away from the Forest Lake "suites", rooms and any other dwelling that has "Forest" attached to the name. These are many small buildings that look that they have not had the outside cleaned in the 30 years since they were built. The inside of the rooms in these buildings are, as others have stated here, run down and smell of mold.

We too had to switch to a room in the Forest Lake buildings because of the odor and they are much nicer. Much nicer being a relative term since I moved from a "Jr. Suite" dump. This is more along the line of a Courtyard by Marriott but with slightly more expensive toiletries in a bathroom that has NOT been updated. Our balconey overlooking the pool was filthy so we did not spend any time out there since we were afraid to touch anything.

If you do decide to stay here, and God only knows why anyone would possibly schedule a conference here, know that the buildings are scattered. Check-in is at the building that houses the restaurants and meeting rooms but your room will not be in that building.

The Oasis is a nice pool area in the middle of the Fairway Pines buildings, but they certainly should have spent some money on new TV's, curved shower bars, decent toilet tissue, new towels, etc.

If you put a bath towel at the bottom of your door it will block some of the outside noise from the hallways, which I have learned to do at these poorly built hotels.

One plus to all of this is that they have really great food from room service. We ordered in 2 nights in a row since they closed the pool service area early due to rain and we did not want to drag our 3 1/2 year old grandson out to a restaurant. Every thing that we ordered, from a burger to the chicken picatta was really, really well prepared and arrived in our room within 30 minutes.

Enjoyable getaway

by TripAdvisor Member YPM

My mother and I stayed at the resort to get away for the weekend. Our room was in the guest house and had a lake view. I was leery about staying here after reading the reviews, but was so relieved to walk into a clean, fresh smelling room. I agree that the room could've been bigger and better for the price.

The food was delicious at the woodlands dining room. The breakfast buffet was great ! We really enjoyed resting on our patio in front of the lake and taking an evening dip in the pool in the oasis area.

\We'd like to visit the resort in the fall time.

A little pricey for the accomodations

by TripAdvisor Member rtw00

This was a business trip for me, so the bill was not mine to pay. But I will mention that had I paid for the accomodations I would've been extremely disappointed. The resort is certainly very nice for the conference type amentities, and the grounds appeared to be very well taken care of. Additionally, the pool by the new buildings was outstanding. But when it comes to inside the room, that is where my disappointment came from. For $200-$300 per night, you would expect lots of extras in your room. However, I come to find out that you have to pay $10 to get a connection to the internet from your room. The televisions were extremely average and the picture clarity with the cable in the rooms weren't anything more than below average. This room was everything I would expect to get when staying in a room at the Comfort Inn. My advice, if you need to stay here for a conference of some kind, then by all means you need to stay there. But if you're looking for a nice spot for personal relaxation with nice accomodations, this is NOT your place. The only reason you will think that you stayed at an above average place is because you paid a well above average price!

Mixed feeings after missing jewerly

by TripAdvisor Member dsysana

Stayed here for 4 days for business. This is a beautiful area of Texas, but I think the price was a bit high, even though it was company paid.

Bed was absolutely wonderful. Fluffy new pillows, down comforter and soft but not limp mattress. Good water pressure in shower and was hot pretty much instantly. Bad reception on a lot of channels on TV, but didn't have too much TV time.

The food at the resort was top notch and the reception and staff were very attentive. However, the day before my last day, I left my wedding ring in the bathroom near all the toiletries. When I came back that evening, I didn't see it, but decided to look for it the next day. Still no luck. Called front desk and was transferred to security and left a message. No call back, so called them about about six hours later (after I had checked out). Gave them the information again and they checked with housekeeping. No word on ring, and was giving the obligatory (we're not responsible....blah...blah). They told me to file a report with the Sheriff. Very dissappointing. I guess I should have put it in the safe (don't remember if there was one, but could have been), but I guess I felt too comfortable with the surroundings and let me guard down.

BTW, I was in the Forest Pines area and the pool looked great for kids. I wouldn't recommend the other side as I have stayed there also, and it is getting really old.

So a bit pricey and good service, but lock up your valuables.

Niece of VTer monina_c, The Woodlands, Texas, USANiece of VTer monina_c, The Woodlands, Texas, USA

Nephew of VTer monina_c, The Woodlands, TexasNephew of VTer monina_c, The Woodlands, Texas

JumpingNorman posing w/ VTer monina_c's sister, TXJumpingNorman posing w/ VTer monina_c's sister, TX

JumpingNEPHEW+NIECE of VTer monina_c, TexasJumpingNEPHEW+NIECE of VTer monina_c, Texas

Comments