501 University Parks Drive, Waco, Texas, 76706, United States

The Cotton GinThe Cotton Gin

BIRDSBIRDS

Alico Building - WacoAlico Building - Waco

Travel Tips for Waco

Well here is my take on this...

by trpenner

Well here is my take on this little question. I think where to take someone depends on his/her interest. And it's not the place a person lives that is so great, it's what you do with the place you live that matters. I am particularly fond of the Baylor Theater, Hipodrome. I also enjoy regularly, the Waco Zoo, and the Baylor 'bear trail' where I go to walk. I used to come visit my grandmother here when I was very young. I spent some time at Ridgewood then and now and I have very fond memories there. I remember going to Lion's Park and visiting the 'super slide' when I was a young boy.

Cupp's Drive-In

by Spamhooligan about Cupp's Drive-In

It's a retro diner & a dive all in one! Great hamburgers, and it's fun to watch the cook heckle the regular customers during lunch (caution: she looks a little scary, but she's completely harmless). Get a bacon cheeseburger or the chicken fried steak lunch. These people have a certain magic with food, and I think they still use lard ;) just kidding...or am I?

The Brazos--Jetskiing and Boating

by VeronicaG

When we dropped by Waco one hot July weekend, the river displayed little traffic other than a couple jetskis and two pleasure boats buzzing by us. Albeit, 100 F. temps do put a damper on sightseeing!

However, as I looked a little more into activities revolving around Waco's Brazos River, I discovered that not only is there a paddleboat cruise, but power boat races, too.

As for us, we would more likely schedule a return visit to enjoy a Spirit of the Rivers paddleboat cruise. During weekdays, a narrated daytime cruise sails at 1 pm, while a sunset dinner cruise departs at 8pm Tuesday through Sunday.

You have more cruise choices for the narrated cruise on the weekend, when times are scheduled for 10am, 11:40 am. and 1pm. See www.cruisewaco.com for the prices, directions and other sailings.

Sweetberry's Waco Page

by Sweetberry1

Waco

Waco is named after the Waco Indians, the first inhabitants of this area.
The Wacos were a branch of the Wichitas and were closely related to the Tawakonis. They were members of the Caddoan Confederacy.
The tribe lived in beehive shaped huts, 20- to 25- feet high, made of poles, buffalo hides and rushes.
The Wacos had approximately 400 acres of land under cultivation, planted in corn, beans, pumpkins, melons and peach trees.
The village was located about 1/2 mile from the Brazos River, on Barron's Branch creek, near a cold spring.

Located on I-35 right in between Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin, Waco marks the center of the state of Texas.
Waco can and does boast to being within a 3-hour drive of 80 percent of the state

Comments