Econo Lodge Wichita Falls

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Tags

Business Travel School Holidays Budget Travel
See Amenities

You get what you paid for

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 3, 2012

Of course I didn't expect to get a 4 star room for such a cheap price, but it was a bit disgusting. For the more minor issues: its located right next to the interstate so don't expect much quiet, the swimming pool was so small any more than 5 people would be over crowded, the room didn't look like it had been remodeled since the 90's, and the breakfast was so dry and stale that I could have swore it was at least two weeks old. Cleanliness is a big thing to me. I could care less how bad the service or food could be, but my room better be clean. The floor felt and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed, the bed spread had holes in it and was very scratchy, the desk chair looked like it had been mauled by a bear, the t.v. guide was sticky, and the bathroom was the worst. The floor felt greasy, the toilet was barely attached to the floor, we never got any clean wash cloths, the ac unit was broken, and when I was taking a shower, the water smelt like it had clorene in it. The smell was so overpowering that i had to open the door. So by the end of our stay, I was already disappointed that it wasn't much of a surprise that when I looked by the back of the bed, there was a used condom. Housekeeping is definitely not doing their job!

You get what you pay for

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 3, 2012

Of course I didn't expect to get a 4 star room for such a cheap price, but it was a bit disgusting. For the more minor issues: its located right next to the interstate so don't expect much quiet, the swimming pool was so small any more than 5 people would be over crowded, the room didn't look like it had been remodeled since the 90's, and the breakfast was so dry and stale that I could have swore it was at least two weeks old. Cleanliness is a big thing to me. I could care less how bad the service or food could be, but my room better be clean. The floor felt and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed, the bed spread had holes in it and was very scratchy, the desk chair looked like it had been mauled by a bear, the t.v. guide was sticky, and the bathroom was the worst. The floor felt greasy, the toilet was barely attached to the floor, we never got any clean wash cloths, the ac unit was broken, and when I was taking a shower, the water smelt like it had clorene in it. The smell was so overpowering that i had to open the door. So by the end of our stay, I was already disappointed that it wasn't much of a surprise that when I looked by the back of the bed, there was a used condom lying on the floor. Housekeeping is definitely not doing their job!

Nearby Econo Lodge Wichita Falls

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast

Wichita Falls Travel Forum

Need advice about Wichita Falls, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Wichita Falls and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Wichita Falls hotel reviews