LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON RD, Alta, UT 84092
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Alta

top floor.  Mountain sunsets while simmeringtop floor. Mountain sunsets while simmering

its all about snowits all about snow

not a tourist.  courtesy,copyright www.alta.comnot a tourist. courtesy,copyright www.alta.com

courtesy and copyright www.alta.comcourtesy and copyright www.alta.com

Travel Tips for Alta

Ski your butt off!

by aussie79

I lived through the trip. I was on the east coast for about 8 years so skiing was not readily available, and I every year I say the same thing: 'I have to get in shape for ski season.' I never do. I always show up with pathetic excuses for muscles and feel like I've been beaten after the day of skiing is done. Alta was not as cruel to my body as some other resorts have been, and it was gorgeous.

Heli Skiing in Alta

by kzapanta

Wasatch Powderbird Guides has an operation in the surrounding mountains. You actually pass them on the way up to Alta and if you stay at the Cliff lodge or rental homes, you can see them land and take off at their property. You are paired into a small group with a guide by ability.

You want to experience heliskiing but cant afford a whole week in Alaska or are afraid of the experts steeps and snow? This might be a perfect solution for you. Check them out and call to talk to them. They are very helpful and can assist advanced intermediates and up to have a wonderful time.

Heli Skiing is a thrill but very expensive. You have 4 to 5 runs in a day and have powder turns and no crowds.

Alta Ski Resort

by aussie79

I love skiing at Alta, for one important reason: NO SNOWBOARDERS! Don't get me wrong, I like good snowboarders, unfortunately there are more people out there just "trying" to board and they run into us skiiers. Therefore, if you love to ski, and hate dodging the boarders, go to Alta!

Alta Ski Resort

"Which way down?"

The hardest decision to make when skiing is which way down? If you are tired sometimes you take the easier way, or if you are feeling energized and stupid you take the harder way.

"My Dad"

My dad is my favorite person to ski with. He and I have about the same skill level now so it is really fun.

"A long way down"

This is a great view of the lodge from the slopes....when you are tired, it is a long way down to the base.

"Beautiful"

I love how beautiful the mountain looks all covered in white.

"The best run of the day"

I think the best run of the day is the hot cocoa run. It was very cold at Alta on this trip and I remember my uncle calling us on out radios asking our location. My dad replied "We're on the Hot chocolate run!" My uncle the proceeded to call us wimps, but that didn't matter because I was warm!

Comments