3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Best Western Ruby'S Inn

bed bug bite

First of all, the room is pricy. We paid $130 for a small two-bed room on June 28, 2004. That is probably okay since there are no other hotels nearby the Bryce Canyon.

What bugged me the most (pun intended) was my wife and I both got bitten by something (bed bugs?) during the night.

So so

by TripAdvisor Member SuperDad63

Hotel has a good location, but we were disappointed. Spent a little extra for what I was expecting to be a poolside room, but the little indoor pool was just down the hall. Really was just a regular room, with an ugly view of the loading dock for the general store. Hotel was noisy both outside and in the hall. Hotel is convenient for the NP and does have a nice store and other things such as a laundromat.

Surly staff in hotel shop

did not stay here but stopped to buy packed lunch from shop. Huge queue to pay and woman serving kept yelling at customers to use cashiers at front of shop and stop hanging about her cash desk. Several customers went to front of shop and came back to tell her no body was serving up front but she kept yelling at everyone that they were and they couldn't be looking properly. Was so disgusted with her attitude I ditched my purchases and left

Average hotel- better than the park lodges! Nice shop!

by TripAdvisor Member ScottyDoo

We stayed here for one night a few summers ago. The hotel is a bit on the older side and the rooms are nothing fancy. We really enjoyed the shop at this hotel, which has a mini-grocery store as well as a very nice gift shop. (I was looking at some old receipts the other day- there were, I believe, at least 6 from the shop at this hotel!) The hotel is located just outside the park. We would recommend this hotel over the park lodges, as the hotel is much cheaper and more modern (although it's not a Hilton or a Ritz-Carlton)!

not up to much

We were booked into Ruby's Inn for 2 nights early October 04. We only stayed one. The room was dark, musty and smelly. We had booked a non smoker, but I don't think that is what we got. Real problem with food for me (I'm vegetarian). The main restaurant didn't seem to have anything at all, and the fast food outlet was one of the most miserable places I've ever seen - offering only pizza anyway. We didn't eat that night.
Ruby's has a captive audience, but I think could do a lot better and try a bit a bit more welcoming - everything involved queuing up, and I'm a bit disabled and can't stand for very long. All in all not a wonderful time.

Comments