3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• The best place to stay near Bryce Canyon

It's more like a motel that a hotel but it's nice and it's the best place to stay in vicinity of the Bryce Canyon. Nice and clean room, nice indoor pool, decent buffet dinner. But the most important, it's very close to the entrance of the Bryce Canyon.

• pacific_sol's Profile Photo

Comfortable and Close to Bryce Canyon NP

There aren't many places to stay near Bryce Canyon National Park but the Best Western Bryce Canyon Grand was a nice surprise. It looks like it was just built within the past 5 years and we found our room to be clean and comfortable. It was also fairly inexpensive - about $75 for the night that we stayed there.

The decor was modern, but rustic, compared to the Best Western across the street, which is Western/Country themed from what we saw of it.

They don't have a restaurant but they do have a free breakfast buffet for guests. The food was pretty substantial - eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, etc, not just a continental breakfast. I would definitely recommend staying here - it is a lot newer than the other Best Western across the street that does have a store and restaurant.

Unique Quality: They do have a pool but since we visited in November when it was snowing, it was not open. It also has a hot tub, which I believe was open since it looked like someone had used it overnight.

Directions: In Bryce Canyon City, about a mile or two outside the entrance to the park

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Nice accommodations

Best Western Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel is a fairly new and very nice hotel in Bryce Canyon City, just a couple minutes north of the park entrance. There's an outdoor pool and hot tub on the premises, and guests can also use the indoor pool at Ruby's Inn (which is owned by Best Western) across the street. One of the best parts of our stay was the excellent breakfast included in the room price. And it's not just some lame continental breakfast with cereal and stale bagels; it's a full buffet with all kinds of great food.

More about Best Western Bryce Canyon Grand

Great hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member PickyAboutHotels43

We had reservations at the Best Western Ruby's Inn across the street, but when we saw this brand new Best Western, we quickly changed our reservation. We were really glad we did. This hotel has only been open for 2 months or so. It is beautiful with clean, spacious rooms. It is just outside the entrance to Bryce Canyon so after we checked in, we went into the park. Bryce is really cool! There is a rodeo Wed - Saturday evenings right next door so we had a real western experience. Pretty much all of the food and lodging is part of Ruby's Inn so after the rodeo we ate at the Canyon Diner - fast food - ok but not exceptional. The hot breakfast the next morning was great - well stocked and tasty. We will definitely stay there again.

I really liked this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member garykas

The Grand is across the street from Ruby's in the strip adjacent to Bryce Canyon. This is my first time back in many years and the strip is much more developed with a few motels, some restaurants, a few shops and a gas station. It is much less attractive than before, but progress calls.

The property itself is a rather large, no smoking, fairly upper echelon Best Western. The rooms were spacious and clean with many amenities (wireless, ironing board). The property had a hot tub/pool as well as a laundry room, fitness center and other amenities. While outside there was traffic including RVs and motorcycles, the room itself was well insulated and quiet.

The breakfast in the AM was above and beyond the usual. The fruit was fresh and delicious. The eggs and bacon were likewise. There was the usual assortment of juices, coffees, cereals, yogurts. All were fresh and plentiful. Actually, the grapefruit was the best I have tasted in some months.

In short, this is a very nice hotel near Bryce. It is not the least expensive, but it is new and provides a lot of value.

Great hotel, recommended stopping point for all the local sights

by TripAdvisor Member Oxford_Technician

A recently opened hotel, it still has the new smell about it. The hotel is set about 150/200m from the main road and is a quiet location. We stayed for two nights and had booked a standard room but got upgraded to a suite. We found the staff to be helpful and friendly at all times during our stay. The suite was spacious with two queen beds and a living area with a sofa and arm chair as well as a good sized flat screen. The bathroom area had twin sinks and a separate room with a shower/bath and toilet. The room was clean thorough out with no faults or problems with any of the fixtures or fittings. The air conditioning was effective and not too noisy. The hotel has a self service buffet breakfast offering a good range of hot and cold food and drinks which the staff kept well stocked at all times. There is a decent sized open air pool in the central courtyard and indoors there is a reasonable size gym and a self service laundry room. There is no restaurant in this hotel (only a breakfast service) but about 100m away is a restaurant that provides a cowboy show and food (didn't get to try this out). About 200m/300m away, along a well lit foot path, is the main Ruby's Inn hotel on the opposite side of the road where you'll find a restaurant (where we ate both nights; reasonable prices and good food), stops for the shuttle into the park, gift shops and a general store. Next door to Ruby's Inn there is also a fast food restaurant. Ruby's has a gas station and there is a second gas station over the road.
We were impressed by this hotel and I would recommend this hotel as you'll get a good standard of room for a reasonable price and it is a great base location for seeing the many sights in the Bryce Canyon area as well as being only a short walk to the shops and restaurants. Note, when we booked this hotel Ruby's Inn had no availability so I didn't look to see how the two hotels compared.

Brand new and great .

by TripAdvisor Member magillicuddy75

Great clean new hotel.... great pool, you can eat outside in the morning (just get your breakfast before 9:30 because at 9:31 they start taking everything away !). Laundry room as well.

Nice new hotel just outside scenic Bryce Canyon

by TripAdvisor Member BerkeleyBabyBoomer

We had a great stay at this new non-smoking hotel. The rooms were spacious and the bathrooms were great. The beds were comfortable. The hotel offered hot scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sausage each morning with biscuits and gravy. The orange juice is the best I've had at a hotel. The only reason that I didn't rate it excellent is because there was inadequate dining space for guests and there is no central air conditioning but individual motel type room air conditioners that unfortunately can't be set for recycled air so the smokey air from the forest fires near the park get sucked into the rooms. It woke me up one night because the smell was so strong.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member ac42

Very nice hotel - it was expensive, but worth it, I think. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Can't beat the location if you're visiting Bryce Canyon - it's only a few minutes away. My only trouble was with the free wi-fi. I could not get it to work, despite following both the instructions on the little placard and common sense. The young ladies at the front desk were very nice and polite, but didn't have a clue as to how to help me. One of them tried to get a tech guy to help, but he said there wasn't a problem, and plus, he was on break (I could hear him over the phone). I was eventually able to get it to work myself, much later that evening. Though that was a bit troublesome, I didn't really come to spend hours on the internet, so I'm willing to overlook it. As I said, its a beautiful hotel, in a great location. If they could come down a little on price, I might consider a more extended stay here.

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member goblingoblin

We loved this hotel. It was very nice-beautiful lobby, large rooms nicely furnished and plush. Large bathroom area with shower and double sinks. Comfortable beds. This hotel is only a few months old and smells new, is sparkling clean, very nice. Great rates include decent hot/cold breakfast buffet. Free internet with 4 computers to use.
Right across the street from Rubys, where you can shop or eat(although reviews of food there aren't good on Tripadvisor, so we ate at Canyon Pines Diner-decent but a bit expensive). Nice pool and hot tub at this hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

Great Facility, Great Staff, but not in the Park

by TripAdvisor Member wallywanna

OK - if a person has decided to stay outside of the park, you can't go wrong. We stayed in a nicely decorated king room, WI-FI works great, double sinks separate from shower/toilet. Breakfast was included. Although it is the "typical" scrambled eggs, bacon, potato's ... the quality was very goodto excellent compared to say a Holiday Inn Express. One "show stopper" for us however. The air conditioner / heating unit does not have an "always on" setting for the fan. So ... whenever the air would kick on in the middle of the night, the compressor was loud enough to wake me up. Most hotels I stay at, though not all, have "always on for the fan. You may not care. To add to the "in or outside of the park" debate. If I had it to do over again, I would have done the cabins in Bryce a try. Though not right on the rim, they are a short walk away, and much more convenient to get to watch sunrise.

Comments