Best Western Rubys Inn

Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Best Western Rubys Inn

Unfortunately, no other choice ...

by TripAdvisor Member ALSIM33

Rubys Inn B W makes a huge disservice to other Best Western franchisees as well as to Best Western as a company. The lodges are obsolete. When I made the reservation via B W's Website there was no mention that I will stay in a lodge not in the main building/ hotel.
I am sorry I have not followed the advice that I received from friends, to stay at a hotel/ motel in Tropic instead.
If the guest in the next room checks-in late and will take a shower or slam the door your door may be ruined. Noise, noise and noise.
Same if your neighbors will leave early.
My other Best Western experience (Best Western Inn of Williams, AZ) was good but to be honest with you, because Rubys Inn, Best Western will not be my first hotel chain choice.

Better than Just Average

by TripAdvisor Member TravelGirl33

We were a bit nervous based on some of the reviews. However, we found this hotel pretty ok. While it wasn't above average, it was better than just average. The room was clean and good sized. The food was fine. We stuck to the buffet most of the time which was actually pretty good. We did not expect fine dining so we were not dissappointed. The real reason for this hotel was to stay close to Bryce Canyon (where we spent most of our time). We would stay there again the next time we go to Bryce.

Great place and location

by TripAdvisor Member PSUalum

We stayed at Ruby's Inn RV Park which is part of the whole Ruby's complex. This place had everything. A 24 hour indoor pool, a store with everything imaginable from groceries, clothing, souveniers, to a one hour photo lab. We were traveling in a motorhome and loved the convenience of the shuttle service right to Bryce Canyon.

Wish we had more time to spend here!

tour bus hell

by TripAdvisor Member coffeepot/NJ

If you arrive in a tour bus, you'll love Ruby's. But if you're an independent traveler, you will hate this jam-packed-with-tourists hotel/motel. It's like being in the middle of Manhattan--when you're really near one of the most beautiful, empty landscapes. Long lines to check in and for the (mediocre, overpriced) restaurant. And tho we'd reserved for 3 nights months in advance, we got the worst room they had--a bunker-like room overlooking the loading dock, next to the maintenance room. We coudn't get out of there fast enough--switched to the Bryce Canyon Resort just down the road: very nice staff, good food, and much cheaper than Ruby's!

Good base of southern Utah operations

When travelling to southern Utah on business, I make Ruby's Inn my base of operations. While not plush, it is comfortable. The restaurant is good, and for the area, it is the best around. I really enjoy the gift shop, food market, and laundromat. A full-service facility in a beautiful, remote location. In fact, I enjoy it there so much, it is a weekend getaway for my wife and I to visit to literally get away from it all.

crossing the road at Rubys Inncrossing the road at Rubys Inn