Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Hotels
Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 5866
White House Campground: the beauty of the lack of modern convenience
Camping at White House doesn't sound so amazing when you read about it. Sure, five bucks is cheap but the idea of no running water and pit toilets doesn't generally excite any but the most robust. Still, we had a ten liter water container that we'd not really gotten to use. We'd been lugging it around for a few months and many thousands of miles. It would be nice to say we did need it after all.
The drive out from White House ranger station isn't far but it's down a very rough dirt road that one big rain could make unserviceable for all but a high clearance four-wheel drive vehicle, which we were not in possession of. The road ends at a beautiful canyon though campground is a very generous word for what you find. There are two pit toilets at the end of the parking area and some scattered picnic tables seeming to litter the hills of sand that rise up from it. That's it.
Of course, the spots close to the parking lot and hence toilets were occupied when we arrived so I scurried up the hill and only by doing so discovered paradise. Sure, it was a lot of work schlepping all our gear up there as I'd chosen the furthest spot to ensure an uncluttered view. It was pretty much like backpacking in the desert except our car was a mere eighth of a mile away. Our primo spot looked out into the canyon for miles but the best view of all was of the life around us. Jack rabbits darted about at dawn and lizards made love on the rocks at dusk. Us? We basked in the silent beauty, enjoying being part of our amazing universe.
- Reviews: 3411
Circle D Motel: Escalante-In the middle of Staircase
It was pleasant; quite and close to a place to eat
It had a bed and clean facility. The complex was from 1960-70's, but looked upgraded to have that adobe look. The price was $62 plus tax. That was unique in that I thought it would be less around here, but then again, little competition. The owner-from Northeast accent is a give away was pleasant
- Reviews: 420
Calf Creek Recreation Area: Best Campground in Escalante
There are not many campsites here but the area is beautiful and great if you can get a campsite. It is also a good place to stop for lunch or dinner with some of the best outdoor grills I have seen in any national park campground. Also the campground has pit toilets and running water when the temperature warms up.
There is a small fee for the campsite which is self registration.
The views here are tremendous. Surrounded by cliffs over nearly 2000 feet high and the sound of the calf creek running through the campsites was peaceful and relaxing.
Also, every night I have ever slept here I was treated to the eerie sounds of Coyotes. This can't be beat!
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- 50 Hotels in Utah
- Book your Hotel in Utah online. No reservation costs. Great rates www.booking.com/Utah-Hotels
- Hotel Escalante
- Book Online and Save Up to 80% Now. Lowest Price Guaranteed! www.hotelscombined.com/Naples_Florida
- 5+ Escalante Hotels
- Escalante Hotels save up to 70%. Great Deals. Book Now and Save! www.venere.com/Escalante-Hotels
Explore the World
- Escalante Hotel Deals
- Save at Escalante Hotels Call 800-741-5072 or Book Online. escalante.hotelreservations.com/
- Escalante Hotel Deals
- Save at Escalante Hotels Call 800-285-1563 or Book Online. escalante.hotels-and-discounts.com/
- Hotels in Escalante
- With Infos, Reviews and Photos. Hotel Escalante - book now! www.hotel.info/Escalante
- Escalante Hotel
- Book Now & Start Saving Today! Price Match Guarantee at Hotels.com www.hotels.com/Hotel_Escalante
- Lodging for Utah Vacation
- Specialize in Salt Lake and Park City vacation homes and condos www.utahvacationhomes.com/UtahLodging
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Overview
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Hotels
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Things to Do
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Nightlife
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Restaurants
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Shopping
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Off The Beaten Path
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Warnings and Dangers
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Local Customs
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument What to Pack
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Favorites