1117 EAST MAIN, Green River, UT 84525
Travelocity Booking.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Green River

Rough road getting thereRough road getting there

Actually that is a cow-but you get the pointActually that is a cow-but you get the point

Motor bikes ready to rideMotor bikes ready to ride

Station look from 1950'sStation look from 1950's

Travel Tips for Green River

Crystal Geyser

by Segolily

Take a 5 mile good dirt road just outside of town to the edge of the Green River and you will come to the site of a human made cold water geyser. I haven't seen it go off, though I hear it is great, especially on a hot day. It isn't like Old Faithful, no regular eruptions and no one around to tell you when the last one happened, so you either get lucky or bring food and water and spend the day/night.

(ps thanks to vtveen who introduced me to it.)

More than a gas stop

by Segolily

"What I know about Green River:"

I know Green River because there are gas stations here and it is an easy on/ off stop. But I may have to spend a little more time here, because every time I've been down lately I have found one more thing to keep me interested. I've always loved the melons, and though the mexican place where I liked to eat is gone, Ray's Tavern is better. It is the put in for several great river trips. It would be a good place to stay if you are looking for fossils.

My Slow Ride on the Green River

by NorineP

One of life's little enjoyments for me is the opportunity to put my canoe in a clear, fast moving river and start paddling away. The minute I sit in the canoe all my cares seem to vanish; I hear a little better, I see a little clearer and my heart becomes a little bigger.

When I started on my canoeing trip down the Green River in Utah, I was expecting another wonderful trip; little did I know just how wonderful it would turn out to be. To say this trip was a life altering experience may seem a little extreme, but for me, it was just that...a life altering experience. I will never forget the velvety nights counting the shooting stars and watching for satellites passing overhead, the quiet dip of the paddle into the gently moving river, taking a bath in a river full of silt, trying to find water because some of the group had not brought enough, being thankful when you reached a place to pull over because the microbursts have kept you paddling in the same spot for what seems like hours,cleaning your cooking pans with sand, and finding the emotional strength to not panic in an emergency.

Some trips seem to imprint themselves in your memory and in your heart and this was one of those trips. We are already planning another, hopefully longer. I cannot wait to return to this beautiful river and revisit old sites and discover new treasures. You can follow our route in my travelogue.

"The water is wide
And we both shall row
My love and I
And we both shall row
My love and I"

From the song "The Water is Wide"

Comments