Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 1077
Whispering Sands: Oasis in Hanksville
This isn't exactly the only place to stay in Hanksville but, well, it's really the only option given the alternative. And as I mentioned in my intro page, it's one damn fine place, too. Whispering Sands turned out to be much better than I'd expected for the middle of nowhere: a little oasis in the desert. It may look a little austere from the road but the rooms are big, modern and very clean, and they come with all the stuff you need to be comfortable: coffeemaker, mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer, air conditioning, satellite TV and free wifi that worked like a charm. There's also a guest washer/dryer on site for dirty hiking clothes - a plus after one wet and filthy trek at Little Wild Horse - and they even provide rags for cleaning up muddy boots and equipment. Nice!
A very decent continental breakfast is served at Stan's burger Shack in the Chevron next door: oatmeal, cold cereal, muffins and pastries, toast and bagels, fruit, juice, milk and coffee. And you can get 10% off lunch or dinner there just by flashing your room key.
The staff is great - very friendly and helpful - and there's a huge parking area for folks driving big RVs, hauling boats, etc. The place was totally booked all three nights we were there so I guess the secret is out; reserve (by internet or phone) EARLY to hold your spot. They proudly display the "Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence" in the office window and I'll go along with that: great spot to hang your hat.
Note: do be aware that the office doesn't open until 3:00 PM so you'll have to kill some time if you show up early. And the coin washer can be a little temperamental but someone from the office will beat it into submission if you kindly ask them to. I'm listing price as per room and not per person.
- Reviews: 1
dont know the name of this place but its just as you come in on the 95 you pass the garage on the junction with the 24 go 300 yards and its on the left just a "L" shape of motel rooms with the office at the enterance the owner smells worse than the dog he has at his side the room looks ok at first but next morning you will be itching and scratching from the bite marks
- Reviews: 73
Whispering Sands: More than adaquate
Hanksville is merely a crossroads on most peoples way to somewhere else. I used VT to find a motel and I was not disappointed. The room was clean and comfortable. When you're traveling to areas that don't really cater to tourists you can't be real choosy. This is not Las Vegas and you get by with whats available.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Motels in Hanksville, UT
- Find Local Reviews & Bargains Quick and Easy on YP.COM! www.yellowpages.com/
- Caineville UT Lodging
- Big Savings on Caineville Hotels Lowest Price Guaranteed. Book Now! caineville.hotels-and-discounts.com/
- Caineville UT Lodging
- Big Savings on Caineville Hotels Call 1-800-741-5072 or Book Online caineville.hotelreservations.com/
Explore the World
- Hanksville Utah Hotels
- A Great Southern Utah Getaway. Book Online Today And Save Big! www.whisperingsandsmotel.com/
- Hanksville UT Hotels
- The Utah Hotel Site. Best Rates on Hanksville Hotels. www.utah-hotels.org/Hanksville
- Priceline Hotels From $48
- 22 Hotels In Hanksville, UT. Book Now At Priceline.com! www.priceline.com/Hanksville-Hotels
- UT Hotels and Lodging
- Support local businesses! Find Utah businesses here. www.dexknows.com/
- Hotel deals in Hanksville
- Compare all 4 hotels in Hanksville. Easily search and quickly save! www.smartertravel.com/Hanksville-hotels