3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

BEST WESTERN Plus Canyonlands Inn
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 109% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Wonderful Hotel!!

Wonderful place to stay in Moab. Spacious rooms, just right for our family of 5. I was impressed with the love seat that folded out to a bed to accomodate our 3rd child. Very clean and nicely decorated lobby as well as very clean rooms and campus. Pool was open during December which was attractive for our reservation. Breakfast was nice with choices for everyone's desires. Friendly staff. Great location. Highly recommended.

Directions: Right on main street on the west side of the road.

• WinInZion's Profile Photo

Right in the heart of things

I came to this motel through a friends recommendation. A little pricier than I'm used to in UT but it was in the middle of the action. We were able to walk to very good food and gas stations and a market were real close.

We had king beds and more than enough room for the two of us. Breakfast was served from 6:30 AM until 9 AM and was fresh and well prepared.

October was a little cool for the pool but it was open. There was a nice sized hot tube that my friends wife took advantage of.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Hotel in Moab

Best Western Moab - Canyonlands Inn, is where we stayed in Moab. The hotel was located an easy walking distance to Moab restaurants and souvenir shops.
    There are 77 rooms in Standard, King Suites, Queen Suites and Presidential. All rooms come with coffee maker, refrigerator, hairdryer, air conditioning and flat screenTV and free WiFi.
    It has a heated pool a hot tub and fitness room.
    Check in time is 4:00 PM and check out time is 11:00 AM.

Our stay here was quite ok.

• Easty's Profile Photo

Best Western Canyonlands Inn

The room here was very nice. There was a separate coach and small living area along with the 2 double beds. One of the most comfortable rooms on our entire trip

Unique Quality: Hotel has a nice size outdoor pool with an outdoor spa.

Directions: At intersection of Center Street

More about Best Western Canyonlands Inn Moab

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Net1

Excellent hotel, brilliantly situated in the centre of Moab. Huge rooms, well maintained and clean. Very comfortable bed and staff were friendly. Only thing that lets this place down is the breakfast which was dire.

If you are staying in Moab I din't think you can beat this place for convenience and location.

Wonderful Motel in a Beautiful Setting

by TripAdvisor Member Frbill92

I have stayed in Moab several times, and the Best Western Canyonlands Inn is by far the best. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. The staff was very helpful. The common areas and lobby were welcoming. The motel is located in the center of Moab--an easy walk to every restaurant and shops. There was a great restaurant--Pasta Jay's--on the corner that offered marvelous Italian food (unique dishes). I would definitely stay here on my visit to Moab.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member VegasShowgirl

Great location in the centre of town. Friendly check in, staff helpful when we had issues with the wireless internet. Even loaned us a cable without writing down our room number.

We had a King room with sofa bed, very spacious and clean. Well maintained furnishings.

Didn’t use the outdoor pool due to the cooler weather but it looked clean. The inclusive continental breakfast is pretty average. For a "proper" breakfast, we recommend the Jailhouse which is nearby. Pasta Jay’s restaurant (on the Best Western’s parking lot) is excellent for dinner – and the only place in town which serves dinner to 10.30pm.

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member hmorgan13

If you are using Moab as a base to see eastern Utah, this is a great place to stay. The room was spacious, and immaculate. The breakfast that was included included waffles and eggs. The staff was friendly and there was plenty of free parking.

Really Nice!

by TripAdvisor Member jortwein

Wonderful hotel, large rooms, very clean, staff friendly and helpful and pool was very clean. Great location! Traveling with our 7 year old grandson and the large room was very nice to have. Would definetely stay here again.

Mixed Reaction to This Motel

by TripAdvisor Member LanSluder

My family and I stayed at the Best Western Canyonlands Inn for two days in June 2007, and I have mixed feelings about this motel.

On the plus side, as others have noted, the rooms are very large, and the extra space is nice to have. Also, the location, in the heart of Moab, is convenient.

However, our room (a "deluxe" with two queen beds) could have used some updating. The beds needed replacing and upgrading, the pillows were cheap and small, and the bedlinens and bedspread weren't up to the quality I expect in a three-star/three-diamond property. (I spend about 75 nights a year in hotels.) Most chains these days are devoting a lot of attention to high-quality matresses, sheets and pillows, but the Best Western Canyonlands is definitely way behind the curve on this.

Also, the breakfast service and front desk people didn't seem well trained. Most of the staff apparently were young, summer workers. That can be a plus if they're trained a little, but these didn't seem to know much about what was going on. At prime breakfast time, the breakfast room was a study in chaos, with guests lined up waiting for everything, and far too few tables to handle the crunch -- I mean, don't they do this every morning? Can't management figure out the basic logistics of serving breakfast?

All in all, this motel is okay, but I wouldn't give it more than two stars/two diamonds and don't think it compares with similarly priced properties by the Hilton, Marriott and some of the other chains. If I returned to Moab, I'd probably look at another option, perhaps the Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta.

Comments