1515 Hwy 191 North, Moab, Utah, 84532, United States
HIExpress.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab

A super stay

by TripAdvisor Member BruceChatwin

My wife and I really liked this place. The rooms were clean and spacious, the air-con worked well (key for a July visit to Moab), and although the breakfast room was a little crowded, it was bright, sunny, and social. Oh, those cinnamon buns! The hotel was a little outside of downtown Moab, but it's only a two minute drive to the center, and there's plenty of parking. When I asked for an extra pillow, the guy at the front desk gave me a long "hummmmmm" and said, "Well, let me see if I can find one." Even though it sounded like he needed to walk to Salt Lake City to get it, he delivered it to me in five minutes.

Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member cincimom

I can not say enough good things about this motel. When we arrived er thought we would only stay 2 nights but Richard the desk clerk was so friendly and gve us lots of suggestions of things to see in the area that we stayed 4 nights. The motel is at the far end of Moab closest to the entrance to Arches National Park. Rooms are spotless and have pillow-top mattresses.

Wonderful hotel, wonderful location

by TripAdvisor Member ChrisClarkston

My husband, two small boys, and I stayed here for 2 nights while we visited Arches NP and Canyonlands NP. It was a great location especially for Arches which is less than 2 miles away. The hotel is right on the main highway, but I did not notice any road noise. All the rooms have great views of the area. The room and its bathroom was very clean. We had plenty of room for the four of us, though we were not in the room too often. The rooms are very nicely decorated. The bathroom is spacious, and the Holiday Inn Expresses have wonderful showerheads with plenty of pressure. The indoor pool was large, warm, and clean. The breakfast was normal continental breakfast, though it fed us fine every morning. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

What more could you want?

Stayed here while visiting Canyonlands and Arches. Conveniently located about 2 miles north of town, this property is a new build and offers all the amenities you've come to expect from HIE.

Included breakfast is about as good as they get. Pricing was a little up there, but so was every other place in town.

Just like a brand-new hotel, great staff

by TripAdvisor Member S6blr

We were in a large car tour group that stayed at this hotel, and I can't say enough nice about the staff and property. We were treated as family by the staff when the heavens opened, and warmly treated by all there. I would HIGHLY recommend this property as an anchor point for your stay in Moab, even if you have to drive 1 mile into town for meals. The hotel is so clean and well looked after I thought it was brand new!

Superb rooms

by TripAdvisor Member chchester

Staff a bit miserable on arrival. Located on outskirts of town but easily accessible with car.

Furnishings and hotel overall were excellent.Continental breakfast included is acceptable/standard - nothing special.

Great Place to Stay in Moab

This is the second time I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Moab in the last year. This hotel is practically brand new and is very nice. It is located just outside of Arches National Park and is on the outskirts of Moab. It has plenty of parking and has nice, large, clean rooms. The staff is friendly and the breakfasts are the standard good Holiday Inn Express ones. I was disappointed that they were completely out of the cinnamon rolls both mornings that I was there. The price is higher when compared to other Holiday Inn Expresses but it is a very nice place to stay when in Moab. I will definitly stay there again on my next trip to the area.

Staying here nearly spoilt our holiday

by TripAdvisor Member akhmc

This hotel is on the outskirts of Moab, but on the correct side for Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Our good first impression of this hotel was soon shattered when we found that our room smelt overpoweringly of smoke. We immediately requested that we be moved to a no smoking room but were told that our booking had shown we had expressed “no preference”. As we are both ardent non-smokers there is no way that we would have expressed no preference on this matter. We were told that there was no way we could move rooms since our booking was for three nights and “the system” would only allow a change to be made for one night. Is it more likely that since we had pre-paid their money was safe and so there was no need to meet our request? Apart from the stench of cigarette smoke the room was clean, large and contained both a refrigerator and microwave. As the room was handicap adapted it also had a large bathroom. There was a reasonable selection at the complimentary continental breakfast in the mornings. One other problem that we experienced was when a party obviously touring the US in kit-cars booked into the hotel. More than three quarters of the car park was cordoned off for their use and on one occasion on returning from a trip out we found that the six remaining car parking spaces for other guests were completely blocked by an RV belonging to the group. The group and apparently management also had no concern for other guests when they revved their engines for prolonged periods both in the evening and early morning right out side the room windows. We would not stay at this hotel again. A further point to add is that on returning home we tried to raise the issues we had with Holiday Inn. However all that has happened is that we have have received the same letter twice saying that they may raise the issue with the management of the franchised hotel. In this instance we have now realised that "may" means, "we will do nothing".

Do not stay at this Holiday Inn - the manager is terrible.

We are priority members of Holiday Inn and stay at there hotels all over the US.
This hotel is new and is nice but the Manager is terrible.
We had two rooms, 201,203, which ended up being over the pool and the noise was unacceptable in both rooms. Also the fire alarm beeped all night in our kids room - this is a safety issue.
When we checked in to the hotel we asked about road noise because how clsoe to the highway the rooms were. We were told the rooms were well insulated and the windows were thick and the rooms were quiet.
The manager - was rude and attitude was unacceptable - when I talked to him on the phone - he hung up on me. If he worked for me - he would be lookin gfor a new job.
Our reservations were for two nights - we checked out and moved to the hotel next door - the Aarchway Suites - the rooms were $49.99, $30 cheeper.
I will still stay at Holiday Inn - but not at the one in Moab.
Moab has alot of hotels to choose from. We stay there 3 times a year.
I called the manager again about the issue and they took $30 off the bill for each room.
I stay at holiday inns so I don't have to deal with these type of problems.
good luck and if you stay here make sure your not over the pool!!!!

A little gem

by TripAdvisor Member EnglandTourist

We recently stayed here for 2 nights during a road-trip. Couldn't believe our good fortune when we stumbled on this place. Due to bad weather, we were given cheap walk-in rates ($65 per night)and it was worth every penny. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Our room was enormous, with a kitchenette, and sofa area, more like a suite. The room was also very warm and comfortable.

The only downside was the view from our room - overlooking what we think was a water storage facility. But, who goes to Moab to look out of the bedroom window??

The freebie breakfast was one of the nicest we had throughout our trip.

Although the location is a good mile from the main town, the hotel is ideally situated for nearby National Parks.

We throughly recommend this hotel.

Slickrock CafeSlickrock Cafe

Typifies the erosion effect on the groundTypifies the erosion effect on the ground

Park Ave HikePark Ave Hike

Monitor ButteMonitor Butte

how is Moab for spring break?

by Illini

how is Moab Utah for spring break, Does it get too cold and what should one pack for the month of March?
Thanks

RE: how is Moab for spring break?

by caffeine_induced78

Any season but the Summer is the best time to go. It gets very hot and the masses of tourists who don't know better go then. I was there in late December and the weather was beautiful with highs in the 60's. My guess is that in March it's probably in the 70's and 80's - perfect weather.

Comments