570 North Main St., Moab, Utah, 84532, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo

Used to be nice, not anymore

We have been going to this motel for 20 years. This time (June 2007) was the last time. Thanks to rude, lazy and inconpetent staff, our stay there was unpleasant at best. I feel sorry for the lady owner who is still nice and helpful. As long as she is around, everything runs fine. But as soon as she is gone (several days a week), service goes down hill. I can cite:
    - smoke drifting to the rooms constantly, either through the air contidioner or when you open the windows or door (the staff are smoke addicts and, even if they smoke outside, their smoke drifts inside and is unescapable)
    - toilets that do not flush
    - supposedly secure store room for the bicycles is left contantly open (I mean wide open)
    - when the owner is not there, the rooms are not cleaned, not even vacuumed or the trash bins emptied
    - unhelpfulness of the staff (attitude of low-20' youth "I do not give a damn...", you see?)

Oh, and did I mention it, when we complained, we got kicked out!! Way to treat regularly returning customers.

My 2001 review (not valid anymore)
    Wonderful little motel, cheap, well located. The owners are really nice. They will insist to try and find you a reduced price (we paid $60 per room per night). They have an important clientele from Europe as the previous owners were from Belgium and had lots of contacts there. If you bring your bicycle, you can park it in their store room. The room are newly renovated, extremely clean, the beds comfortable, it smells great (cheap motels have a tendency to have smelly and/or smokey rooms, not this one!), it is located within walking distance of the downtown metropolis of Moab, and is 100% non-smoking.

Directions: Northern side of Moab, on the Main Street

More about Inca Inn

Clean, great value and homemade Swiss bread

by TripAdvisor Member garden99

The stay was very comfortable and enjoyable at the Inca Inn. The owners and staff are friendly and helpful.Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Our superior room had a fridge and microwave and we appreciated the free WIFI. We also liked the homemade bread for breakfast.

Best value in Moab for comfort, cleanliness, service, & amenities...

by TripAdvisor Member ColnagoTom

I had read good things about Inca Inn - but seeing was believing! The Swiss owners helped make my first visit to Moab a wonderful one. I booked a king delux room for four days to do the Moab mountain biking scene. The bed was most comfortable with pillows of a variety firmness. The bed and bath linens were first quality, generously sized, and plush - NOT the bulk-bought, medium grade, small sized seen in most major chain motels. Room was a little smaller than a regular Holiday Inn Express-type room but well appointed with refrigerator, microwave, and larger-screened TV. The climate control was quiet with digital thermostat. The room was maintained in an almost fastidious state of cleanliness - I even did the "top of the window and door moulding wipe test" and NO dust! The complementary breakfast is simple and adequate with delicious, home-made, Swiss breads. I typically stay at Holiday Inn Expresses when I travel, but the Inca Inn tops them hands down and at approximately half the price! I'll be back to Moab soon and you can find me at the Inca Inn.

Tom Winter, Corpus Christi, TX

Check it out!

by TripAdvisor Member mawenzi

My husband and I just returned from a 3 day stay in Moab at the Inca Inn. The Inca Inn is a great little economical place to stay with all the comforts of home-- comfy bed, fridge, microwave, tv, wireless, and a spotless bathroom--there were Tootsie Rolls left by the maid each day! Each of the three nights we spent at the Inn-- it was totally full--I noticed there were plenty of vacancies at other hotels in town. Across the parking lot is a very good mexican restaurant. A continental breakfast is served each morning with homemade bread, cereal, fruit, juice and Starbucks coffee. The owners were very friendly and helpful. If you are planning on hanging out in the room all day--this would probably not be a good choice of lodging--but this is Moab and you come here to be outdoors--hiking, biking and jeeping. I would definitely stay here again.

Good location, good value

by TripAdvisor Member Tripsterchick

The Inca is a modest little motel located not far from Arches National Park. The bathroom had only a shower (no tub) but there was plenty of hot water, the bed was very comfortable, and we appreciated the convenience of in-room wi-fi. Breakfast is adequate.

The supermarket up the road (City Market) has an excellent deli counter selling prepared salads, quiche slices, baked salmon and other fish, cold chicken and other meats, etc. -- all a pleasant alternative to sandwiches if you're putting together a picnic lunch or planning to have dinner in your room. Just get there by late afternoon because while the store is open late, the deli section shuts down at 7 p.m.

There are lots of eateries in Moab, but we particularly enjoyed the Hacienda, a casual Mexican eatery adjacent to the Inca Inn. The food is good and inexpensive, and they make the best salsa we've had in recent memory.

Felt like home

by TripAdvisor Member Chris-Belgium

The motel is basic (no hairdryer, no coffee machine) but everything works fine: the room is clean, big enough, the colored linen and towels, the comfortable wooden bed make you feel cosy, the owners and the staff are very nice and the breakfast is great (the swiss bread is indeed delicious).
We would definitely stay there again.

Good value - great breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member KEMerk

Very good value - one of the cheapest hotels in Moab. Rooms are clean and staff are friendly but the rooms are small, maybe because we had a room with two beds.

Great breakfast with home made Swiss bread and locally made jam and very good coffee. Worth getting up earlier to leave time for that extra cup with toast.

Cute and Comfy

by TripAdvisor Member cathy0606

Loved it! Fresh homemade bread; authentic 1950's style ceramic bathroom, great price ($35 off-season, senior rate), friendly owners, good Tex-Mex restaurant next door (La Hacienda), don't miss Lin Ottinger's Rock Shop also next door (museum quality dinosaur bones).

Great Little Motel

by TripAdvisor Member LatAmerTraveler

We were pleasantly surprised by this little motel. It was inexpensive, very clean, has free wifi and includes a free breakfast. I think we paid about $40 including tax for two people in Feb 2009 as compared to $100 for the nearby Best Western. The owner-couple were very friendly and you can tell they have spent a lot of time making sure that everything inside the rooms are in great shape.

Good place to stay for short stay in Moab

by TripAdvisor Member globetrotterwanabes

I was cautious in staying here but the reviews from Trip Advisor were very good and as always the reviews were right on. Now I was cautious when I drove up to the Motel as it does have that "Bates Motel" look but don't let that fool you. This is a very well managed and very clean motel ran by a friendly German couple.

The room (please see pictures) was clean and spotless. You can tell that they spend money on keeping up their rooms. Clean carpet and new paint. The bathroom was clean as well with no mildew and no smells. Bed was average but again felt clean which is always important. The room also has a refrigerator and microwave. There is free wi-fi but slow. My only complaint was the parking. It was busy when we stayed here on a Wednesday and Thursday night (springbreak) and hard to find parking in a condensed parking lot but found a spot.

The breakfast is very minimal, they do make home made Swiss bread which was good. They also had cereal, milk, apples/oranges and coffee. I would stay here again for a short stay or a place to rest at night. Also can't beat the price.....I paid 150.00 for 2 nights which was very good for Moab.

Recs for Moab:
-can't go wrong eating at the Moab brewery, great food.
-Must see not only Arches NP but Canyonlands ( Island in the Sky)....only 40 min drive from downtown Moab and little crowds.

Comments