4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• setikeyvan's Profile Photo

Amazing Resort in Moab

The Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is a wonderful way to mix relaxation, luxury and down-to-earth nature exploration. The drive over to the Ranch is absolutely amazing. You zig zag along side the Colorado River and are surrounded by high red rock formations - I remember being flabbergasted by the drive. I kept screaming "Oh my gosh this so beautiful! I can't believe my eyes!!! Wow!" And that's just the drive over to the resort. Once you get to the resort you see beautiful green fields with free-range horses chewing on grass. This scene is accompanied by two plume-shaped rock formations, the Colorado river and of course the beautiful ranch guest houses. The service is top notch and the setting is peaceful. I stayed in a standard room and it was HUGE. I had a giant log-wood bed, microwave and dining area, a cozy sitting area and a balcony over looking the river. The bathroom was incredible. I had a shower and a tub - separate of each other -- and the beauty care products were wonderful - I still feel good when I think of the aromas!

It is not a busy resort and often times it felt like I had the whole place to myself.

This is a wonderful place to stay for a very comfortable experience in Moab. The resort is about 30 minutes from the town and Arches National Park - it only takes that long because you have to zig zag along side the Colorado River. I will DEFINITELY return to this resort.

Unique Quality: Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa includes:
    - Great views
    - Wonderful accommodations and products (wonderful beauty products)
    - Ideal location - in nature and not too far from the town and wonderful national parks
    - Good service (they pack little lunches for you if you plan on going hiking or the like - it's not free though)

Watch out:
    - Pricey
    - WiFi Internet access was very weak
    - It can get very windy out there...one night the winds kept me up all night - the ranch creaked loudly all night.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Heaven... I'm in Heaven!

The Sorrel River Ranch is one of the most extraordinary hotels I've ever stayed at. Located approximately 17 miles east of downtown Moab, this working ranch is home to one of the finest restaurants in the area and is, in my opinion, one of the finest resorts in the United States. Quiet and out of the way, each room offers a spectacular view of the red rocks that make this area famous. The winding highway into the city is a relaxing and gorgeous drive. This is the place to come to if you want to get away from it all. The rooms are beautiful, luxurious and cabin-like. And with the Colorado River snaking along the back of the manicured grounds you'll leave the stress of the city behind instantly. The staff was warm and went out of their way to ensure that our experience at the ranch was special. I would highly recommend staying at the Sorrel River Ranch and I plan to return here each time I stay in Moab.

Unique Quality: This is a working Ranch, so there are horses and ranch hands around, but it's also a luxury resort and spa. They offer horseback riding as well as spa treatments. They have an excellent restaurant located above registration. They are a gated "community" to ensure privacy. The outdoor pool is open late and the spa is open 24 hours. Sorrel River Ranch also includes well-kept tennis courts among the many amenities they offer to guests. And the views are out of this world!!

Directions: If you're coming in from Interstate 70, please take the road less travelled!!! I highly recommend you take Highway 128 from the 70 (instead of going through Moab) either on your way in or on the way out. Trust me, the scenery on 128 is unbelievable!

More about Sorrel River Ranch Resort

Absolutely Awesome!

Our stay at the Sorrel River Ranch was magical. The staff saw to every detail. The facility was first rate and the views and area...no words can describe.
Would love to return in springtime!!

Luxury on the Colorado River

I spent four delightful days and nights at this hidden away gem of a resort. The service was outstanding. The rooms were magnificent, overlooking the Colorado River and the beautiful Utah mountains. I had several meals in the restaurant which were all first rate with superb service. I also visited the Spa and was equally impressed. I did not take advantage of the stables but did travel around the area for terrific hiking in wonderful venues. I have stayed in the Moab area in the past and nothing compares to the quality of Sorrel River Ranch. It's worth the trip. I can't wait to return.

Arrogant and rude management

The rudeness of the management made our stay very unpleasant. It is so unfortunate, because it is a lovely location with very comfortable and private rooms. My husband and I have stayed in many four star resorts, and we have never experienced a more arrogant or rude staff.
I would never recommend staying at the Sorrel River Ranch.

A Wonderful, Warm Holiday

Excellent in every way. Beautiful, romantic room. Gorgeous spa. Immaculate grounds and pristine location. My husband and I will be making Thanksgiving at the Sorrel River Ranch an annual trip to be sure. Their attention to our needs and helping us plan a few excursions including an amazing hike through the red rocks was really beyond our expectations.

A Memorable Vacation

I can't remember a vacation being as fun and comfortable as our visit to Sorrel River Ranch. The accomodations were wonderful. I can still see that giant boot above my bed and hear the river outside my door. The restaurant staff were a joy to see in the morning for breakfast and our evening meal was truly outstanding. Our anniversary dinner was a delight.

My daughter and I had a great trail ride with quality horses and a very informative guide. I felt like I was in an old Western during the ride while my daughter felt more like a character in a music video.

The area was so beautiful. We had a great kayaking trip on the river which ended right near the door to our cabin. The Hummer tour was more fun than I would have ever thought. Arches National Park was awesome.

Well that's about all the superlatives I can come up with. If I could think of more I'm sure they would apply.

I highly recommend Sorrel River Ranch!

Moab, UT - Nature at Its Best!

by setikeyvan

"Moab, Utah - The First Time"

Moab is a red rock paradise. It's a beautiful area that is geologically interesting and most aesthetic to all of your senses. If you like the color of burnt orange, then you will definitely love Moab.

The first time I visited Moab it was for business. At the time, I was not aware of the area and wasn't necessarily looking forward to going there for work. It seemed really out of the way. There is no quick way to get there. It's a 4-hour drive from Salt Lake City, Utah, and 2 hours from Grand Junction, Colorado. And if you choose to drive from Las Vegas that will take you about 7 hours. What I did know of Moab, from my friends who enjoy mountain biking, is that it is a "mecca" for mountain bikers and rock climbers.

On this business trip we flew into Denver. Then from Denver we took a smaller flight to Grand Junction, CO. Two hours into the drive we arrived in the Moab area. The area took me by surprise. Let's just say that I was speechless for a short second and then I couldn't stop expressing my disbelief regarding the beauty surrounding me. We drove along side the Colorado River through Red Rock canyons until we got to our hotel at Sorrel River Ranch. And what an amazing ranch that was! Check out my tip for Sorrel River Ranch. This short business trip was a great Moab sampler. I enjoyed a fantastic dinner at the Desert Bistro and had a few hours to spare at Arches National Park. All this left me wanting more, so a few years later I came back for a week of fantastic outdoors adventures!

"Moab, Utah - The Second Time"

The second time I visited Moab was for a vacation. This time, I flew into Salt Lake City and drove 4.5 hours to Moab. The drive wasn't too bad. I had done similar drives before from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. However, the drive to Moab, seemed to go by much faster. I decided to make this trip a mixture of relaxation and adventure. The first two nights I stayed at the Red Cliffs Lodge along the Colorado River. This property is about 10 minutes from Sorrel River Ranch and about 30 minutes from downtown Moab. For the remainder of my trip I stayed at the Red Stone Inn, which was a fine hotel in a perfectly convenient location on Main Street.

After this trip, I consider Moab the complimentary opposite of Maui, Hawaii. In my opinion, there is as much to do in Moab as there is to do in Maui. It can be just as relaxing and just as adventuresome. Maui is green and blue, Moab is sage and orange. Maui has tons of things to do, but so does Moab! There is something for adults and kids alike from mountain biking and river rafting to canyoneering and horse riding! There is Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park and there are tons of beautiful view points off Hwy 70. There are also plenty of good places to eat. Main Street has plenty of dining options. On my second trip to Moab, I re-visited the Desert Bistro and discovered a delicious gem called the Peace Tree Juice Cafe. "Mwwwahhh" just delicious!

I love Moab. It's one of those places I proudly show off to anyone I love.

"Arches National Park"

This is one of the most amazing National Parks I have ever visited. It is nature at its best and a wonderful opportunity to imagine nature and survival way back in the day. If you like the color orange this is the place to visit. You can spend a full day exploring the park and if you want to see the famous Arch - Delicate Arch, also seen on the Utah license plate - you need to give yourself a full day because it's at the outer-most end of the park.

The arch featured above is called Sand Dune Arch - it's one of my two favorite arches!

Moab - Hiking Heaven

by kuwait_david

"Sorrel River Ranch"

As a base, the location, quality of accomodation, food, service and just everything about Sorrel was fantastic. It is pricey to stay here (the hotel is a member of the small luxury hotels of the world collection) but the massive bath with jacuzzi jets, the huge bed, the balconies with stunning views all add up to a memorable place to build your Moab holiday around. The ranch is a full working ranch and great horseback treks can be arranged. Sitting on your balcony watching people float down the river on rubber rings is always funny, wave and enjoy another pastry from breakfast that can be delivered every morning.

"Balanced Rock and Delicate Arch, Moab"

And how does it not fall over ? Arches National Park is a must see. Don't be fooled when you look at it on the map and think that isn't very big a day will be plenty to see it all. Allow at least two days, preferably three and make sure you hike up to Delicate Arch which is the most distinctive arch in the park. If you hike up in the late afternoon you will get the sun shining from your back onto the arch giving you perfect photos. The arch doesn't look far away thus the large number of people with flip flops and a bottle of water heading out of the car park, be prepared for a proper hike with proper shoes, a hat, sunscreen and lots of water. Just follow the cairns to the top of the ridge.

"Quad Biking in Moab"

Drive into Moab town and you will see plenty of places offering Quad Bike trips to various places. The scenery and the guides are all excellent but you do drive at the pace of the slowest person in the group, so if it is thrills and spills quad biking you are looking for, these tours may prove to be a disappointment. If you book the day before most of the tours will also pick you up at your hotel. If you want to take photos make sure you are at the back of the group so you can stop take pictures and then catch up (plus it gives you a chance to slow down then speed up for a few minutes and have a bit of fun). Quad biking on the local sliprock is an experience worth having.

Sorrel River RanchSorrel River Ranch