The View Hotel

jokon70's Profile Photo

Excellent!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 9, 2014

Just what the Dr. ordered! Wonderful accommodations - comfortable and well furnished rooms, esthetically pleasing, mannerly staff, good enough food (particularly since one can note how far removed this place is from everything) and the PRICELESS view. I had been in MV twice before and felt it was a sacred place, and "needed" to return before I kicked the bucket. Despite the cost of the room, and my being on a very limited budget, I could not have asked for anything more. A meditative and spiritual experience, the sense of being connected to the place overwhelming, to the people living here and visiting, to the desert, colors varying during the day, the quietness, the sunset, moon, stars, and the sunrise. Mittens, (and The View ) I still see you a year later. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

vichatherly's Profile Photo

Breathtaking Views

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 27, 2011

We were lucky enough to stay at the View Hotel for one night in June 2010.

Our original hotel for this part of the trip was outside of the Valleyin Page. We prepared ourselves for a three and a half hour trip to the valley from the Grand Canyon and then a two or three hour drive to the hotel in Page.

We changed our plans at the last minute because the View Hotel, which is the only hotel inside the valley, suddenly had some rooms free for the night we wanted. The hotel was fully booked for the months of May, June and July. But as soon as the 30 day cancellation date became due I suppose the tour companies, who had originally block booked, firmed up their room numbers.

This was excellent news for us. So we booked a room for the night. This meant that we could spend more time in the valley and enjoy a sunset and a sunrise, both of which were spectacular.

Unique Quality: Every room has a balcony which has a glorious view of Left and Right Mittens and Merrick Butte.

We took some posh clothes for dinner but the atmosphere is really casual. For dinner we went for the local Navajo dishes of three stews and tacos. This was excellent and the plates covered the whole table. The steaks also looked tasty and on my next visit maybe I'll go for a medium rare "Duke".

Breakfast at the View was ok, although because the fact that that everybody gets up early to enjoy the sunrise, be prepared to queue.

jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

New 2009 Hotel in Monument Valley

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 21, 2009

I read in Yaqui’s Review that there is a nice hotel being built on Monument Valley itself which has a great view. Well, it was already open and operational when we got there and it is called appropriately, THE VIEW. Just opened 2009!
The Visitor Center beside it is still being renovated/built, but everybody visiting Monument Valley seems to be enjoying the view here. I did go first to the Reception Area which has awesome southwestern designs and also Native Indian crafts plus a huge bronze cowboy on a horse statue. I asked the lady at the Reception how much a standard room was and she said $195 plus tax a night, and she was not smiling, looked annoyed, and maybe thought I could not afford it, hehehe…So, I just looked up and said, “Wow”. Forget about asking to see a room with that…lol.
But according to their brochure, they do have Flat Screen TV, aircondiitoning, a balcony facing the Mittens! (nice!), wireless, ref, microwave, cable TV, coffeemaker. The Mittens include the left thumb, the right thumb and the third monolith Merrick Butte.
But despite the cold reception, this hotel is awesome. The view at the huge patio at the back was great and tour groups seem to bring their people here and they are all sitting outside, enjoying the awesome views. Then, they do have a nice cafeteria with sandwich choices and soup…hopefully they will have more selection in the future. But the jumpingfamily enjoyed the Haagen-Daas ice cream selection!
There’s also a huge gift shop with lots of women clothing and jewelry. Also, restrooms are conveniently located in this nice stop.
I did look for hotel on Expedia in Monument Valley, but this was not there as of yet so I was not able to reserve this. But staying in Kayenta was just as good, besides I did not wake up early to see the sunrise and it was raining anyway the next morning.
PO Box 360457 Monument Valley Tribal Park, UT 84536
MonumentValleyView.com
info@monumentvalleyview.com

Unique Quality: Great Views of Monument Valley

Yaqui's Profile Photo

Beautiful Valley Views

by written on December 29, 2008

This hotel was still being constructed when we visited, but I can tell for sure it is going to have one of the best views you will ever see from a hotel room. Located adjacent to the Tribal Park Visitors Center and gift shop, it will have a restaturant and a spa.

Directions: From Flagstaff, AZ, take U.S. Highway 89 north, 67 miles to U.S. Highway 160. Continue northeast on Route 160 for 62 miles to Kayenta, AZ. Monument Valley is 22 miles north of Kayenta Arizona, along U.S. Highway 163.

Nearby The View Hotel

The View Hotel

• View Hotel Monument Valley

Address: 4 Miles E Highway 163, Monument Valley Tribal Park, Monument Valley, Utah, 84536, United States

16 Photos of The View Hotel

Amenities at The View Hotel

• Restaurant
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Monument Valley State Park Travel Forum

Need advice about Monument Valley State Park, Utah? Visit the Travel Forum for Monument Valley State Park and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Monument Valley State Park hotel reviews

Valley Drive
The Three Sisters
Olyato
Things to Do
Watch the sunrise over the desert
Valley Drive