Value Place Ogden

Value Place Ogden
Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• bad service !

My husband and I booked this Extended Stay motel for a month because it has kitchette, but it does not have anything but two electric burners. One week after, we ask for bath tissues, we were told that we have to purchase our own, trash bag? purchase our own. Who stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks but have to go to store buy 20-30 trash bags?
    The bed in our studio is very small, it is smaller than a full size bed, but wider than a twin, and very short. The room is so so small, maybe only 12x10 includes bathroom.
    No wireless internet, you get a short (3'-4' ) cable when you check in,then you will be stucked at a small desk besides the kitchen burner, no other outlet for internet connections in the room.
    Generally, never stay at Value Place again. You get what you pay for really works here!

• Clean but very very crappy internet and staff

First off to start by saying I fully agree with you. I just recently stayed there and I hated it. The housekeeping ladies are stupid and talk down on you like your dumb. I was there for a few months and do not even bother asking for a trash bag. They act like your asking for their life. And about the internet it is very very crappy. I ran a computer speed test for the connection and it is only a 1.5 mbps. Which is indeed the slowest you can get. They tried giving me a number of excuses as well but all in all it is just they are cheap and have the crappiest internet ever. Not to mention

when we first moved in we would not even sleep in their bedding, we lifted the blanket and the sheets were stained. It appears to be a clean place to stay but look deeper and you will see otherwise. We stayed on the 2nd floor and the walls are so thin you can here the person next to you watching tv or even talking. We even heard someones light switch get turned on. The downstairs person was constantly banging on our roof because of us walking around. That is how thin it is. And if you look close enough on the ceiling you can see where the divide is. That is cheap and ridiculous. I moved out of her and was never happier. This place sucks and i back you up all the way.

Get better internet and better staff. God forbid you have to stay there long term and you need to use the internet for anything. They blame it on other things but the main issue is they are just crappy. And the TV sucks to, you do not get crap worth of channels and you have to pay to make local calls to. I never stayed anywhere where they charged you for that. They are a rip off and charge you for anything. And do not bother buying the dish sets they have in front, i bought one for 35 dollars and it sucks. It is nothing like the picture on the wall. You get 2 very very small crappy coffee cups and 2 sorry plates and a crappy pan. It is disgusting and a horrible place to be. Do not count on privacy either, you do not get it. Do not plan on having sex here either it is no use when you can hear the drop of a dime next door. And do not get me started on when people cook stuff. You can smell it in your room to. Someone next to me kept burning food and it would fill my room and the hallways making me sick to my stomache. Stay far away from this place im sure there are better places out there. The only good thing about this place is that they have no contracts and it is cheap. Screw them and everything else.

Oh yes and one more thing the location sucks to. There are nothing but big diesel trucks all around that place. They are loud and stink. And it sucks trying to get out of there parking garage. And people that do not even live there park there, therefore taken up all the good spots. and there key cards suck to. Most of the time when you slide them it blinks red and you have to go get them reset at the front office. After dropping my fiance off at work at 4 am, my card did not work, and the night person never does his job. So I was stuck waiting for 2 hours until i was able to get ahold of someone to get in the f***** building. And it kept deactivating itself. They say it is cause of keeping it by your cell phone. That is a line of crap to. No they just have crappy s***. I kept my card by my cell all the time and it still worked, it was the fact that their systems arent worth a rats a**.

Unique Quality: the only 2 good things about this place
    1) the mountain views if your on the 3 or 4th floors
    2) cheap rates and no contract

Directions: off freeway

• Sep 9, 2013 at 10:37 AM

We stayed for 5 nights, and it was very long time! They charge you for everything....dishes, laundry, toilet paper, even extra towels or sheets. They had our check in and out dates and the place isn't manned over the weekend and they kept our deposit because we didn't give them 24 hour notice of our check out. They charge $100 dollars and do everything they can to keep it. This place is not friendly for wither families or children. They took a dead body out of one of the rooms, while we were staying there, and a family member is a cop, and we were told they took meth out of there in the weeks prior. Do Not Stay Here!