Deer Valley Silver Lake Village

1375 Deer Valley Drive South Suite B, Park City, Utah, 84060, United States
Inn at Silver Lake Deer Valley
Expedia.com Otel.com Hotels.com

More about Park City

Best fries are the curly ones!Best fries are the curly ones!

Deer Valley seen from Park City, Utah.Deer Valley seen from Park City, Utah.

One hunky Baldwin brotherOne hunky Baldwin brother

Travel Tips for Park City

Cold but fun

by carolinak2

"Where are we going?"

There's no better way to experience a new place than by living there. It's a fact.
That's why visiting places is not always enough for me, sometimes I just have to settle down and feel it.

With this thought, some friends and I decided to spend our college break living somewhere else, somewhere different from our hometown: Florianópolis, Brazil. A beautiful and small island with the most exuberant nature.
Why Utah? Don't ask me! The only thing I can tell you is that, definitely, it was pretty different from Brazil. I guess we were right on our choice then!

Here we go!

"Let's make some money!"

"Hey, I guess we need money to live there, don't we?"

Yes, we do! So let's find a job!

During my whole time in Park City, I worked for one of the best restaurants in town, Chez Betty, a small place inside Copper Botton Inn with a fantastic seasonal menu and relaxing atmosphere. That's how I made money to ski, gamble in Vegas, buy all kinds of things in Salt Lake City, visit New York and party.

Park City is also where the Sundance Film Festival takes place bringing a bunch of famous people to your front porch. It's definitely not bad to have dinner with the doctors from Everwood, ask Bono Vox what really makes good music or see a Hollywood director compliment your kitchen.

"Let's spend some money"

Skiing for the first time was fun, but scary. Snowboarding was even more, I admit. What would you feel if your job depended on your fists, the ones that hurt a lot after your first day falling all the time?

Park City Mountain Resort was a perfect place to have some time off with good friends: nice people, nice prices, nice sights, so I bought their seasonal pass. That didn't stop me from visiting other resorts, of course. The Canyons is radical and exciting, but not the best place for learners... I thought I was going to die! Deer Valley is definitely the most beautiful among them, it's worth it at least to catch the yellow bus and take a trip through those amazing mountains.

And I don't have to say how much fun Las Vegas and New York were when we had enough money to become tourists again.

Great experience, let's do it again!

Comments