2001 Park Avenue, Park City, Utah, 84068, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com HotelParkCity.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• worldoffun's Profile Photo

Elegant Lodge

Hotel Park City is the epitome of what an elegant lodge should be. We were there for a business meeting and had a delightful experience. We had the pleasure of working in the Thaynes meeting room appointed with beautiful wood work, high ceilings, natural lighting and gorgeous chairs (very comfortable I might add). This plus the service we received added up to a very enjoyable and productive meeting experience. In the evening I went to the spa to unwind, I started in the steam room then moved on to the meditation room to wait for my massage. My wife had a body wrap which she particularly enjoyed since this spa had a Vichy shower. Another unique service I found about it is, that they even offer massage by the pool. With all these great amenities and a golf course that is first class you question if you want to venture very far. The rooms were a great place to relax with a fireplace, flat screen television, a balcony that over looks the mountains, and beautiful heated pool – it was quite warm when we were there. The rose petal turn down each night was a nice touch too. If you stay at Hotel Park City, be sure to eat in their restaurant, The Sleigh the menu was designed by Executive Chef Matt Nelson. The restaurant has an excellent menu; I particularly liked the roasted rack of lamb. The view of the mountains from our table and the white glove service complete the perfect atmosphere.

More about Hotel Park City

Highly recommend Hotel Park City!

by TripAdvisor Member ItchyFeetSydney

Early this month we stayed at the Park City Hotel and had an amazing week of luxury! We had visited the States in 1995 and the accommodation we had in Heavenly Valley, Lake Tahoe was very disappointing. We discovered the money we had paid was well above the standard that was on offer. So this holiday I did not want to take the chance and have our holiday spoilt so after browsing several brochures we found Hotel Park City. I checked the website and it appeared to be a beautiful property. We arrived at the hotel and I immediately knew that this was definately worth the investment! The staff are all very friendly and accommodating, our room was fantastic and the views were just breathtaking. On of the reasons I chose this hotel was the Day Spa facility. It is a wonderful ,nuturing , luxurious experience which every woman and man should enjoy. We would love to visit again if we were ever to return to Utah. 10/10!

The best trip

by TripAdvisor Member mexBoston

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Park City Feb 17th thru 20th. We stayed at the deluxe cottages. My wife and I travel several times a year. Each time we stay someplace we rank the accommodations against other places we stayed. I have to tell you the Hotel Park city ranked right up there with the four seasons in Maui. The service was excellent, the room was incredible(best turn down service i've ever seen). Before we went out I read the various comments on trip advisory and have to say, it seems that the hotel park city addressed many of those concerns. The Spa is very nice, but for a hotel that is trying to acheive a 5 star status it needs some improvement. Not much night life at the hotel, but when you are going to a hotel like this you want to get away and relax, besides the nightlife is only a 2 minute shuttle service away. overall i would highly reccommend the hotel park city, my wife and i are planning to go out there one more time before the end of the ski season.

Overpriced and dissapointing

by TripAdvisor Member dspandau

I was so excited to stay at Hotel Park City with my family over the New Year's weekend. I had read all the wonderful reviews about luxury and service. We stayed at a very different hotel than the one I had read about.

Although beautifully appointed, the service was so bad that we were completely shocked. We paid $900 per night and had the worst service we have ever experienced. We stayed in one of the beautiful new condo rooms that opened just before the holidays. We eventually found out that while the hotel had just opened about 30 new rooms for the holiday season, they didn't bother to hire any more staff. Whenever we called a staff member on the poor service, that person always tried to blame someone else. Even more amazing was that they made the same mistakes over and over, day after day. It was truly pathetic. I was embarrassed for them.

Don't waste your money.

Buyer Beware

by TripAdvisor Member Activa2r

The Hotel Park City is a very pretty and well maintained property with a location that while a bit inconvenient (short ride to either Park City of Deer Valley) overcomes that with free shuttle service. Their pricing is fair, and for a family their rooms are set up with a sitting area that converts to a second sleeping area for kids. A kitchenette comes in handy for breakfast and snacks. There's also a great pool and hot tub area.

The hotel falls down (way down) with poor concierge service and a complete lack of anything that even resembles activity. On the service side, the concierges (while pleasant) are inexperienced and make frequent errors and ommissions. We were there at Chistmas time and had friends and family sending gifts and ammenities that were either lost or never delivered. Reservations were botched and despite many requests we never received a full list of all the plans we made (well in advance) with the concierge.

Upon departure there was an error in our bill. Rather than accept responsibilty we were made to feel that the error was on our part. There was no manager present to resolve the issue and despite frequent phone calls and letters after our departure, the issue went unresolved for months. Even after eventually reaching a manager and receiving his seemingly heart felt apology and promise of restitution, we still had to pursue an eventual solution with our credit card company. After spending thousands of dollars on a holiday vacation this type of treatment over a nominal error was inexcusible.

On top of the spotty service and rude treatement we received, the hotel lobby, while pretty, is a dead zone. There is no entertainment and no ability to have a snack or cocktail apres ski. The same is true of the pool area. The restaurant is also very quiet and somewhat sterile. The service was universally slow and the food was a step above motel.

This is a hotel that would be well served if it was run by a professional management company. Instead it's run by people I'm sure are well intentioned but are borderline incompetent when it comes to service. If you need a fairly priced (near luxury) place to stay with your family and don't need the service or ammenities normally associated with a four or five star hotel this might be an option. But if you're looking for a hotel with gracious service, a bit of action and convenient access to the mountains, look elsewhere.

Looking tired

Great location, cannot get better for skiing @ Park City
However, the room decor was looking tired.
The television reception seemed to suffer once skiing had finished for the day.
We had to call maintenance so that we could lock the door before going out on our first night there.
Maintenance chap superb & sorted the problem which he could tell had tried to be fixed previously.

Nice Hotel, Nice staff

by TripAdvisor Member Lisacpnj

Liked this hotel very much. Staff was very helpful. Large spacious rooms with sweeping views of the mountains. Nice pool area, nice putting green and very helpful staff memebers. Clean! Loved having a washer/dryer in the room and a fridge. Also nice the large jettub in the bathroom and the marble shower (needs more water pressure). Hotel grounds are nice but don't waste the $ on the valet service when you can park outside the front door for free. Lobby was not really functional but the location is great and the staff was very nice.

The Place You Never Want To Leave! Life is good at HPC!

by TripAdvisor Member HPC1

If You Travel often like we do, then you will understand. I can only tell you that my experienced was heightend due to the most amazing hotel in every way HPC is a must stay. You will not go wrong its worth everything we paid. if your on the fence and not sure where to stay and really want an honest response then feel free to email me at ratesheet@firstlms.com

*The Hotel was so incredible I am going back in feb07. if the summer was so awesome for us ,I can only imagine how awesome it will be in the winter!

* feel free to email me at any time with any questions ratesheet@firstlms.com

avaoid at all costs

by TripAdvisor Member mrtravelsalot

disorganized, bad service, rude people.......they must hire their staff from the local prision........a disaster.....very poorly run! would suggest ignoring this hotel. and i am not hard to please.

Better than the Grand Summit andWestgate, not the Stein

Just returned from a 5 day visit. Two adults and two kids. We stayed in an executive suite in the main hotel. While the room was fine and it would even accommodate a roll away for a longer stay I would pick the deluxe executive. While the cottage units are bigger we enjoyed being in the main hotel with covered access to the pool and spa. The Sleigh restaurant had excellent food and the wait staff was friendly. At first we were told that the children would not be allowed to order off the children's menu, but half way though our stay they allowed to. Save your money and eat breakfast at the Bandana( the less formal cafe). Compared to the Canyons, room service orders were fast and hot. Several times we have stayed at the Canyons and waited over an hour for room service. The shuttle was available to Park City for off campus dining. Overall, the service was good, but not the Stein. It snowed a foot and a half one day and the chairs by the pool were never shoveled. The bar lacked a cozy apres ski atmosphere, but the bar manager was superb. Other plusses included: almost 24 hour coffee and hot cocoa in the lobby, lift tickets available in the lobby and the small kitchens and laundry in the room.

If you have the money and can get a reservation stay at the Stein. If not this is a good alternative.

Imperial Hotel, Park City, Utah, USAImperial Hotel, Park City, Utah, USA

Looking for a place to go...

by rachelph

Hi,

A friend and I are looking to spend a five day vacation in late August somewhere out west. We would like to stay somewhere relaxing (like a spa) where we could hike, etc, and/or we'd also be interested in a low key city. Does anyone have any suggestions of places like this in Utah? Ideally, these places would be not too expensive and convenient to an airport...

Thanks!
R

RE: Looking for a place to go...

by YVRDave

RE: Looking for a place to go...

by mittens

If you need to be convenient to an airport, I'd suggest looking around Park City, UT. There's lots of hiking and mountain biking around there and it is only 45 mins. from the Salt Lake City International airport. You can find a taxi/shuttle up to Park City. Deer Valley Resort and Park City Resort are there (with spas) and it is a small and low key town.

There's also Hotel Park City. I haven't stayed there but I hear it's nice: http://www.hotelparkcity.com/

mittens

RE: RE: Looking for a place to go...

by RUTrippin2

This lodge is located between Park City and Provo. Friends of mine have stayed there and loved it.

Comments