125 East St. George Blvd., St. George, Utah, 84770, United States

BEST WESTERN Coral Hills
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Nice room, but pay attention to the rates...

On the way to Zion NP, we decided to spend the night in St. George, Utah.
    We had some recent experience with the Best Western chain of hotels and decided to go for this one even though there were some slightly cheaper options along the road.

We had seen an ad in a brochure (one of those you pick up at the gas stations) for this hotel at 79USD, including deluxe breakfast.

The room was very nice with a king-sized bed and it was at street level, so we could park right in front of the door, which is convenient after a long and tiring trip.
    There was free wireless internet access in the rooms and since I had brought my laptop (you need your own wireless card), I could take advantage of it! You just had to call a toll-free number in order to get the access instructions. The connection was quite fast and this was an inexpected extra that we were glad to take advantage of.

We also had the chance to use the (indoor) swimming pool and the jacuzzi which were quite nice and a great way to relax on a very nice evening.

Breakfast, however, was nothing to remember. Hotels in the US must all have the same supplier as the brakfast seems to be the same everywhere: Coffe, juice, bread, eggs and cereals. This one had waffles... that you had to prepare yourself, so they were nice and fresh, I guess this explains the "Deluxe" part... Everything else was just plain and boring.

When I went to pay, the (rather unfriendly) girl at the reception, said the rate was 90USD. I told her that I had called and that her colleague had confirmed it was 70USD, to which she replied: "OK then it is 70!. Well, at least she did not give me a hard time.

Unique Quality: Free wireless internet.
    Swimming pool.

More about Best Western Coral Hills

Great location, extremely clean, friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member jmcc45

Have stayed there 3 yrs in a row - March 2006, 2007 and 2008. Will keep going back. Rooms always very clean. Amenities (pool etc) great. Breakfast is fine and the lady who runs the breakfast room is a character. The staff are very friendly and did lots of extras for us. No probs with golf bookings. We travel without children but the place is very popular for families with young kids. Notwithstanding the number of kids, the rooms are quiet and the kids all seem remarkably well behaved. Highly recommended.
J.M

Our favorite st george motel

by TripAdvisor Member uhcrandy

Our Daughter and family live in st george, We are down alot. We always try to stay at the Coral Hills. Its always been very pleasant. The rooms are nice and always clean. We look forward to staying there. It reminds me of the way motels used to be..Or should be

Incredible pool, Beautiful well appointed room

by TripAdvisor Member CatMom3

After spending two full weeks traveling throughout California and Utah, we spent only one night at the Best Western Coral Hills in St. George, Utah. This was the nicest hotel on our entire vacation and also had the lowest price. The room appeared to be recently redecorated and was well appointed and very clean. We really wished we could have extended our stay just to enjoy the beautiful views from our room and the wonderful, retro looking pool. As we have relatives in St. George, we will surely be back!

Excellent value and service.

Excellent Find Using Traverler's Coupon Book

by TripAdvisor Member TW3

My wife and I stayed here for one night....having been directed here by a great rate in a Traveler's Coupon Guide we picked up at an area McDonalds. (By the way, we find this booklet is the best way to get the best rates while traveling.) Staff is very friendly and efficient. The indoor pool is outstanding. The room is good sized with comfortable bath, sink and shower. TV, microwave and refrigerator too. Close to restaurants. The continental breakfast was teriffic for a motel like this - waffles, breads and rolls, cereal, hard booiled eggs, etc, etc. Free wireles internet in the rooms on which I am writing this review before departing. Could not be happier..especially at the coupon price.

Best Western Best Buy

by TripAdvisor Member footwalker

My wife and I stayed one night here on our return from the North Rim of The Grand Canyon. We paid $72 with our AAA discount for a newly refurbished room with a great, comfortable king-size bed and free internet. This not only was the best value of our two-week stay in Utah and Arizona, but also rivals the best place we stayed at one-fifth the cost! St. George is a very convenient starting point for visiting Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks and offers much better prices for food as well as lodging. The Coral Hills is just a block away from the Bear Paw Cafe where we had the best breakfast during our trip--cappuccino and outstanding Belgian waffles. A few blocks up St' George is the Cafe Rio which was the best, and most inexpensive, Mexican Restaurant we found in traveling throughout Utah and northern Arizona. The motel satff was also very friendly and helpful in locating these and other nearby facilities

Fabuoous St George & Best Western Coral Hills$

by TripAdvisor Member lardel

Just got back to Canada after a two week stay in the US. The absolute highlite of our trip was our stay at the Best Western Coral Hills in St George, Utah. The staff was friendly, knowledgable of the area and extremely helpful. Our room was large, very clean and the bathroom had recently been remodeled.

Although the ouside pool was not open while we were there the indoor pool and spa was a delight. We enjoyed the continental breakfast especially the hot make them yourself waffles. It was also great having a computer for guests to use so we could keep in touch with family in Canada.

There were lots of really good resturants nearby and the Best Western staff gave us great recommendations. We are now wishing we had spent more time in St. George.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and can't wait unitl we get down there again.

Best on our trip

by TripAdvisor Member Darchek

What a great bargain! It never seems to fail for us. The least expensive stay on our trip is always the best. We try to stay under $100 per night and always use Trip Advisor. We paid $75 per night for 3 people. This a 60s style motel that has been remodeled beautifully. The rooms were large and excellantly appointed. Large 42"flat panel TV. Two swimming pools and a good breakfast, The only negative was the front desk. They seemed to be inexperienced and made a mistake on my bill. They were very pleasant and made corrections with multiple apologies. Many families with small children (if that bothers you).

Fantastic Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Crzy4NPS

After making reservations with several St. George hotels, I finally settled on the Best Western Coral Hills thanks to reviews on this site. I was not disapointed! Despite the retro outward appearance the rooms were beautiful, spacious and modern! Wonderful beds and good bathrooms with vanities outside the bathroom giving you more space. It also had the largest TV I have ever seen in a hotel room, a 42" flat screen! Microwave and mini fridge were also a plus. Since I was staying with my parents and two sisters we requested adjoining rooms and they added them to the reservation no problem. Fairly reasonable too with both rooms plus a rollaway coming in at just under $160. The continental brekfast was also very good. Cereal, pastries, toast, bagels, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, waffles, juice and milk. All kept well stocked by the lady that has been mentioned in others reviews. She may seem a bit crabby but is actually nice and helpful. She turned down the air conditioning when my mom was cold and also asked where we were going and gave us some pamphlets onn the areas we were planning to visit.
As we were just passing through on our way from Las Vegas to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon we only stayed one night (May 29) but I would definately recommend for a longer stay to explore Zion, Bryce and the other surrounding national parks.

Very Good Accomodations For The Money

by TripAdvisor Member akheaps76

Best Western Coral Hills in St. George never seems to disappoint.
My family and I have stayed here numerous times when passing through this southern Utah community with happy results each time.

Air conditioning works great ( a must here because it's HOT!)
Rooms are very clean and very comfortable.
The staff is helpful and accommodating.
Two swimming pools; an indoor and an outdoor with hot tubs.
Deluxe breakfast is substantial and healthy.

You will not be disappointed in this facility. And if you need extra room because of a large vehicle or you are towing something, there is plenty of spare room directly to the east of the hotel.

Comments