Anniversary Inn South Temple

The Anniversary Inn - South Temple
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Salt Lake City

Blurred photo of the topBlurred photo of the top

Rebuilt Social HallRebuilt Social Hall

PronghornPronghorn

More relatives?More relatives?

Salt Lake Weather In Feb?

by JOHNNY_ENGLISH

Due To Delta Rescheduling My Original Flight To Atlanta I Will Now Be Connecting In Salt Lake City From Vegas On February 28th On My Way To Orlando To Get Another Flight Back To England And Would Appreciate If Anyone Can Give Me An Idea How Bad The Weather Is At This Time Of The Year In Salt Lake City.
Thanks.
John

Re: Salt Lake Weather In Feb?

by YVRDave

It will be nothing they haven't seen before. The airport should be able to handle the situation and hopefully there won't be any delays

by wctryltd

slc airport doesn't see a ton of snow (usually) - my guess is that you'll get through fine. If you are looking for average temps etc visit www.weather.com and look up 84109 (zip code) or Salt Lake City - they have a link that shows averages for each month for any city.

-bill

by JOHNNY_ENGLISH

Thanks For You Advice Guys.
The Only Reason I Am Worried Is Because This Will Be My 4th Trip To The USA In The Past 4 Years And 2 Of The Past 3 I Have Missed Flights Due To Bad Weather Once In Detroit In 2001 And Last Year In London Both Due To Snow.
This Year I Thought I Would Be Safe Going From Vegas To Atlanta So I Booked It Months Ago Only For Delta To Now Tell Me Its Cancelled And I Have To Go To Salt Lake City Which Is Well Known For Its Snow.
How The Hell They Can Cancel A Flight Months After You Have Bought A Ticket And Alter Your Route Is Beyond Me.
If I Wanted To Change My Destination Or Dates I Would Have To Pay An Extra $100.00 But They It Seems Can Do As They Like And I Have Little Or No Say Over It.
Ok Enough Of My Moaning I Just Wanted To Get It Off My Chest So Once Again Thanks For Your Input I Really Appreciate It.
John.

by karenincalifornia

Hi John,

I fly to Salt Lake frequently (used to live there), even in winter, and rarely have had a flight delay because of weather. Salt Lake is pretty well equipped at handling snow, and they won't shut down because of snow.

Anyway, by Feb. 28, Salt Lake is getting out of the really cold winter weather and starting to move into early spring. So, there will be less issues like de-icing and such.

Just make sure you don't get routed through San Francisco. Now, THAT would be a problem. Flights here are cancelled and delayed all the time due to fog. I consider the Salt Lake airport much more reliable than San Francisco, if that is any consolation.

Thankyou Karen For Your Reply
You Have Put My Mind At Ease Though I Wont Be Completely Happy Until I'm Taking Off On Time...lol.
John.

Travel Tips for Salt Lake City

Make every effort to enter the...

by worldtrekker

Make every effort to enter the Tabernacle, opposite the Temple, when the world-famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir is singing or an organ recital is given. I hear that this is very impressive although I personally never had an interest in it. This domed building, constructed between 1863 - 1867, has stunning acoustic properties. Guides leading tours will demonstrate that you can literally hear a pin drop on the stage even when sitting in the back row of the tabernacle. The organ has almost 12,000 pipes.
The Assembly Hall, built between 1877 - 1882 houses a smaller organ. Outside the Assembly Hall is the Seagull Monument. The story behind the monument is as follows: When Salt Lake City was founded in 1847 it was a long way from anywhere. The Mormon settlers had to be self reliant in order to survive. Times were hard for the first years, especially in 1848 when a late frost followed by a plague of locusts threatened to wipe out the crops. What happened next is still regarded as a miracle by the Mormons; a flock of California gulls flew in, ate the locusts and saved the remaining crop. (That's why Utah's official bird is the gull.) Photo: Assembly Hall with Seagull Monument, March '97.

Ski-N-See Ski and Board Shop

by GracesTrips

The auto rental agency gave us discount coupons for these stores. I rented my equipment for a 25% discount with this coupon. The ski lift tickets for local ski areas can also be purchased a for a $5 discount rather than buying the ski lift ticket at the ski area itself.

Squatter's Pub Brewery

by worldtrekker about Squatter's Pub Brewery

Another great microbrewery. If its nice out, you can sit outside in the back on the patio. Great atmosphere. This place gets really busy for dinner. I'm not sure they take reservations - I think not. I seem to remember them closing pretty early as well. It may have been 10 or 11pm. There's some funny alcohol laws in Utah. Casual

Taj Indian

by frankcanfly

We found some decent Indian food, actually the ONLY Indian food downtown. We hit them at nearly closing time, yet they accomadated us kindly.

The food was good, but they really need an interior designer to give the place some life.

Temple Square

by zaratrew

Its not a activity as such, but well worth the visit for the architecture if you are not religiously inclined as it really is truely amazing.

The christmas lights were put on when I was down there, and that was worth seeing as well.

Be prepared for it being very crowded though.

Comments