555 South Main Street, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84111, United States

Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Randall_Burt's Profile Photo

Utahs Most Fancy Hotel

The Grand America was built in 2001 for the Winte Olympics. It was totally booked even before construction Started. It is super nice.

Unique Quality: 2 Pools and Large meeting rooms. Super Large Rooms with batc and a shower. Most rooms have fantastic view of the Mountains.

More about Grand America Hotel

The Grand America Hotel is one...

by KLomaskin

The Grand America Hotel is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in. It is furnished like Napoleon's Apartment in the Louve. Be sure to check out all my other pictures under this topic!

Loved the Grand America

Unlike many so called luxury hotels I have visited, the Grand America lives up to the moniker of Luxury.
Las Vegas luxury can be fun, but it is often a little cheesy and overly commercial, even at the Belagio. Also, many of the large luxury hotels in America are a little seedy around the edges, and in dire need of a spruce-up.
However, the Grand America in Salt Lake City was a bit of a jaw dropper,even for a jaded tourist like myself. It felt like the ultimate luxury you might have envisioned existed only in a by-gone era all but forgotten.
Every little detail sparkled like a flawless diamond. Yes, it was luxury on a very grand scale, but somehow it all felt gentile, warm and approachable. Perhaps it was the warmth of the staff. Salt Lakers and Utahns in general are very down to earth and friendly, even in such luxurious circumstances.
Whatever, I can see why all the critic's lavish such praise on this hotel. The fact that it was so close to Utah's famous snow was an added plus.

Amazing rooms, and amazing brunch

by TripAdvisor Member Matthewmslc

I have stayed at the Grand America Hotel 2 times, and it is great. There is no other hotel like this in Utah. When I checked in the front desk was great and called me Mr. the entire time, they even offered to show me to my room. I have only stayed in the suites, which are quite large. Their suite is larger than my apartment. The last time I stayed I had a suite with a kitchen that over looked the pool, which is great during the summer. I recommened if you are going to stay, do it on the weekends that is when they offer the best rates. For a hotel like this you could never get as much for your money anywhere else. In New York a hotel like this would be well into the 500's a night.

Also, if you have time you must have the sunday brunch. It is the largest thing I have seen. They have almost anything you would want to eat from sushi, pasta, pancakes, to chicken fingers for the kids. You also should try the watermelon or pineapple juice, it is very good!

Truly a five-star experience

by TripAdvisor Member timelvis

I recently stayed at the Grand America Hotel for a conference and was pleasantly suprised at this gem of a hotel. I travel a great deal and rarely have I found a hotel that truly deserves a five-star rating. Normally you will find a so-so facility with great service or so-so service with a great facility. The Grand American has it all. From the airport shuttle driver to the front desk staff to room service and housekeeping, I experienced nothing but great service.

The room was top-notch and extremely roomy. The bathroom was huge with marble floors, gold fixtures, a soaking tub, separate shower and double sinks. My room had a King-sized bed, separate sitting area, 32-inch television with a minibar. My only complaint was that there was no coffeemaker in the room.

The Grand America is also right on the Trax light-rail line so you have easy access to all of the historic downtown Salt Lake City sites.

A Luxury Hotel let down by Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member pencefn

The luxury of the Grand America is hard to beat (possibly only by our hotel in Hong Kong at the beginning of the vacation). The room (really a suite) was excellent, the room service fantastic, the attention from the hotel staff great.

Let down by its provision for breakfast, so we went across the road to the sister hotel (Little America) for breakfast. For a top end hotel, the provision for breakfast let it down. Value for money the walk across the road (we were not the only ones) was the best bet.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member traveler500

I traveled with my husband to Salt Lake City this past October for a seminar. The Grand America is amazing not only for the spacious rooms but for the service . you can not stand in the lobby with out being asked if you need anything. The hotel is perfectly maintained and the French style decor is lovely. you never have to leave the hotel. what I appreciated the most was the service this is a true 5 star hotel.

Don't be deceived by appearance

by TripAdvisor Member disneyfanwith4kids

We stayed at the Grand America for our 10 year anniversary. The room was very clean and nice but the mattress was terrible. We had a horrible night's sleep, waking up with kinks in our necks and backaches. The pillows were too soft and the bed too firm. There are better hotels in Salt Lake that are much more comfortable and affordable.

Salt Lake City

by Erika74

"Snow"

While in town for a national conference, we had a nice treat. SNOW!! I felt like a kid- snow angels, snow ball fights, just playing in the snow.

"Grand America"

While there we stayed at the Grand America Hotel-
Beautiful European Decor.
Service it 5+
Afternoon tea-

If you can I recomend you stay there.

Comments