Salt Lake Plaza Hotel

See Amenities
DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Next to the Family History Center

by written on July 3, 2010

My grandmother and I stayed here. They came to the airport and picked us up, and then we went back to the airport the next morning in their van. We printed out our boarding passes down in their computer center but there was wi-fi in the room for everything else. The room looked right out over town and we could see the State Capitol from our window. When we walked out the back door and down the alley, we were right at the Family History Center. They also had a nice gift shop.

We had room service for breakfast, and we had pizza delivered for dinner.

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Across from the Temple

by written on July 2, 2010

I had airplane reservations for DFW to West Yellowstone connecting in SLC on June 9th. Delta decided not to fly to West Yellowstone until the 10th. I decided that I would make lemonade out of lemons and would take the opportunity to go to the Family Research Center. So I wanted a hotel as close to the Family Research Center as possible, and which also had wi-fi, and transportation to and from the airport. This hotel (Salt Lake Plaza) filled the bill on all accounts - it is right across from the Temple and the Family Research Center backs up to the hotel. We could see the capitol building from our window which is on the 9th floor. The hotel is owned by the Church (Later Day Saints)

Unique Quality: This was a nice hotel - our room had great views. The wi-fi worked well. They had a way to print out our boarding passes in the lobby, and they had transportation to the airport.

There was a restaurant, and they had a breakfast buffet but I don't like buffets as it is difficult for me to walk with a tray and a cane. So we ordered room service for breakfast and it came as requested.

Made for a great Family History Library experience

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 26, 2005

This hotel is located right nextdoor to the LDS Family History Library - the buildings are literally within a few feet of one another. My trip to Salt Lake City was centered on family history research, so this hotel ended up a great pick. The room rates were reasonable for the accomodations. The on-site restaurant provided decent meals, and the room service was quick and friendly. I'd definitely stay here again and I'd recommend it to anyone doing research at the Library or visiting Temple Square. The hotel is right there next to the FHL, across the street from Temple Square, and about 3-4 blocks from a huge mall.

Now it's called simply "Salt Lake Plaza Hotel." I assume it's the same it was back in June, 2005, when I stayed.

Unique Quality: Free wireless hi-speed internet access. Great view of the mountains from my room, while rooms on the other side enjoy a view of Temple Square.

Directions: Across the street from Temple Square.

GulliG's Profile Photo

Convenient to Square & downtown

by written on October 8, 2005

Hotel was convenient to downtown, Trax line, & bus. Do not try to check in before 3PM. JB restaurant attached, OK for breakfast. Much better food across street at "Passages" and at "The Roof" at Temple Square. We went across street to Utah Wollen Mills so my wife could buy clothes. I bought a pair of pants and shirt, they mailed it so I avoided sales tax .My wife didn't buy anything. "Morman Handicraft" store has moved out of downtown and up near the zoo. My wife was looking forward to buying crafts for our daughter but didn't see anything inviting. Bus ride was $1.40 each one way, but we got transfer and three hours later rode back downtown for free. Checked out the stores at the old UP Train depot (can't remember what the new thing is called). Most stores are "New" generation, we being OLD were not impressed.

Nearby Salt Lake Plaza Hotel

• Business Services
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Salt Lake City Travel Forum

Need advice about Salt Lake City, Utah? Visit the Travel Forum for Salt Lake City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Salt Lake City hotel reviews

Piper Down
Bambara Restaurant
20,000+
Things to Do
Make time for this treasure!
The Great Salt Lake
Antelope Island State Park
Hogle Zoo
Natural History Museum
Other Mormon sites near Temple Square
Real Tacos
Darn Fine Tamales
Restaurants
A taste of the good old days
Restaurants
Don't forget your cotton candy! :-)
Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point
City Creek Center
Great Salt Lake Access Point
Volunteer a day Welfare Square
Things to Do
Many places on VTs list don't exist anymore