Scipio Motel

Tags

Budget Travel Road Trip Family Travel
See Amenities
bpwarne's Profile Photo

Great family run motel in the middle of nowhere

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 24, 2013

Room rather average, a bit on the large size, older furnishings but clean and in good condition. breakfast was included, but was rather limited, no hot entrees. Price was below average for area. There is an indoor pool and hot tub.
Considering your limited options in the Delta / Fillmore / Nephi / Scipio area, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal in my opinion.

Unique Quality: Very friendly and helpful owners/managers. Indoor pool and hot tub. Be aware that if staying in Scipio there are only two dinner options; Subway at the gas station next door and Dairy Queen across the freeway, which closes early, even in summer.

Directions: You can't miss it, it's just east of the I15 freeway at the Scipio exit.

Basaic's Profile Photo

Nice Independent Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 28, 2012

I had planned to spend the night in Fillmore but the Best Western was overpriced with a rude desk clerk and the independents looked run down. Also a local I talked to said one of the independents was where they placed people just out of county lockup and drug rehab.

I decided to continue on and drove North on Interstate 15 to the small town (Population under 300) of Scipio. There I spotted the Scipio Motel which looked fairly nice from the outside. I went in and asked the desk clerk about a room. He seemed nice enough and with my military discount the room was $60. My room was large (extra size due to being a handicapped room) and had a small refirgerator and a microwave. Not bad for the price. I think it is the only motel in town but I would stay here again, anyway.

Nearby Scipio Motel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Scipio Travel Forum

Need advice about Scipio, Utah? Visit the Travel Forum for Scipio and ask our Answer Gurus.

Scipio Travel Guide