281 ZION PARK BLVD, Springdale, UT 84767

lonegranger's Profile Photo

Beautiful Setting But A Little Out Of Town

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 24, 2006

The Cliffrose feels luxurious with the 5 acres grounds, access to the river, lodge decor and price. My stay was good but unique I feel. I was there for the Zion Canyon Native American Flute Festival. As I was unpacking a cute grey mouse ran across the dresser and behind a chair. I had noticed some mouse droppings on the leather lounge chair. I went and told the woman in the office and she -a little too non-plussed-said they come in when it starts to get colder but had no idea how it got inside. Well I didn't bring it. She said she'd tell them to set some traps.

I left for the day and when I returned from the concert one of the traps was missing. After some investigating I found the trap and the mouse. It was still alive and the trap had its ear and it had been dragging the trap around obviously trying to free itself. Yikes. I felt terrible and thought I should get it out of the trap but decided otherwise. The nice guy in the office and I figured we needed a broom and dustpan to extract the little creature. So working together we got it and you could hear it scratching the dustpan trying to get out.

Anyway, he soon left for the night and I was grateful he was there to help and I didn't have to spend all night hearing that. The male in the room whose bed must have been next to the wall was snoring so loud it would have kept me awake anyway.

I'm tough and have killed many rodents, serpents, black widows and scorpions in my day as well as camped in some very gruesome places, but having a mouse in my $129 a night room and an ambivilant front desk woman didn't help my stay. They were professional and courteous but would comping me for a night have killed them? Instead I'll just stay somewhere closer to town next time.

Unique Quality: The View from the rooms is really nice. Just a short walk down to the Virgin River...worth the walk. Big lawn and grounds. Jacuzzi open all the time and is nice. Lovely walks and paths though down and uphill for those with knee issues. rooms are comfortable and spacious. Good TV and Radio. Personal patio is a good selling point. Nice staff.

Directions: Just after the Zion Park exit/entrance and next to the Dynamax and Shuttle Parking.

goingsolo's Profile Photo

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 6, 2004

The Cliffrose is a new hotel within walking distance to the entrance into Zion National Park. It has its own gardens and a pool, but who really needs this stuff when Zion is just steps away? Its the location that really counts.

I was upgraded to a suite at no extra charge so I had tons of room and my own balcony. The suites have a great view of the gardens.

Unique Quality: Zion is a 5 minute walk or shuttle ride away.

Directions: Utah 9 towards Zion and its right before the entrance.

Nearby Cliffrose Lodge And Gardens

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Airport Transportation

Springdale Travel Forum

Need advice about Springdale, Utah? Visit the Travel Forum for Springdale and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Springdale hotel reviews