281 ZION PARK BLVD, Springdale, UT 84767

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 123% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• lonegranger's Profile Photo

Beautiful Setting But A Little Out Of Town

The Cliffrose feels luxurious with the 5 acres grounds, access to the river, lodge decor and price. My stay was good but unique I feel. I was there for the Zion Canyon Native American Flute Festival. As I was unpacking a cute grey mouse ran across the dresser and behind a chair. I had noticed some mouse droppings on the leather lounge chair. I went and told the woman in the office and she -a little too non-plussed-said they come in when it starts to get colder but had no idea how it got inside. Well I didn't bring it. She said she'd tell them to set some traps.

I left for the day and when I returned from the concert one of the traps was missing. After some investigating I found the trap and the mouse. It was still alive and the trap had its ear and it had been dragging the trap around obviously trying to free itself. Yikes. I felt terrible and thought I should get it out of the trap but decided otherwise. The nice guy in the office and I figured we needed a broom and dustpan to extract the little creature. So working together we got it and you could hear it scratching the dustpan trying to get out.

Anyway, he soon left for the night and I was grateful he was there to help and I didn't have to spend all night hearing that. The male in the room whose bed must have been next to the wall was snoring so loud it would have kept me awake anyway.

I'm tough and have killed many rodents, serpents, black widows and scorpions in my day as well as camped in some very gruesome places, but having a mouse in my $129 a night room and an ambivilant front desk woman didn't help my stay. They were professional and courteous but would comping me for a night have killed them? Instead I'll just stay somewhere closer to town next time.

Unique Quality: The View from the rooms is really nice. Just a short walk down to the Virgin River...worth the walk. Big lawn and grounds. Jacuzzi open all the time and is nice. Lovely walks and paths though down and uphill for those with knee issues. rooms are comfortable and spacious. Good TV and Radio. Personal patio is a good selling point. Nice staff.

Directions: Just after the Zion Park exit/entrance and next to the Dynamax and Shuttle Parking.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Cliffrose Lodge And Gardens

The Cliffrose is a new hotel within walking distance to the entrance into Zion National Park. It has its own gardens and a pool, but who really needs this stuff when Zion is just steps away? Its the location that really counts.

I was upgraded to a suite at no extra charge so I had tons of room and my own balcony. The suites have a great view of the gardens.

Unique Quality: Zion is a 5 minute walk or shuttle ride away.

Directions: Utah 9 towards Zion and its right before the entrance.

More about Cliffrose Lodge And Gardens

Absolutely Loved It!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Choriza

My only hesitation in writing this review is that my secret will now be exposed. I rarely post reviews, but was compelled to do so, because my husband and I just returned from the best vacation of our lives, due largely in part to The Cliffrose Lodge.

We originally intended to stay for just two nights, but decided to extend our stay an additional night. We wish we could have stayed longer and will return again and again. The lodge grounds and gardens are stunning, the rooms are very nice and comfortable, and the staff is excellent. They even went to the trouble of mailing me back a necklace that I had left behind.

Loved this place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member someone,too

We just returned from our vacation. We stayed 3 nights at the Cliffrose. We stayed in the Riverside Grandview Suite with the new mattress, too (as an earlier reviewer). A great room with great nights of sleep. Keep your fingers crossed that they will replace all their matresses with that kind.

The view of the Watchman is extraordinary, the balcony has afternoon sun and the heating works pretty good (the fan is a bit too loud).

The only missing gadget is a coffeemachine (or mugs that will work in the microwave - as plastic cups won't work). We love to have fresh coffee / tea several times of the day. In the morning it is not a problem to get some at the front desk, but in the afternoon the coffee is not very tasty any more - and they close (off season) at six. We bought some mugs and instant coffee at a supermarket and used the microwave and therfore had everything wee needed.

Nice Place

by TripAdvisor Member Kedron

This lodge has an extraordinary backyard: huge mountains that look like the kind you see in Zion Park. You can sit on the deck and enjoy the view and the hummingbirds who visit the feeders. I liked: the scenery, free coffee in the lobby, short walk to Zion visitor center. Any one can do this walk; it's easy and takes about 5 minutes. I would have to rate the lodge, however, as average. There was nothing spectacular about the room or the bathroom. It was just a nice, clean place to stay with lots of lovely plants and flowers. Consider also the Majestic View and the Desert Pearl Inn, as all 3 of these places have mountain views and are near the park or shuttle stops. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these 3 lodges.

Very Good Staff, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Scharmann

We enjoyed the Cliffrose. The grounds were beautiful, nice pool, pleasant balcony view.

At first I had a room with a partial parking lot view. The polite and friendly staff moved us as soon as a new room was available so I was pleased.

We stayed three nights and found some nice informal restaurants and some interesting shops in Springdale. The city itself is small and not
ruined even by its tourism orientation. The location is great for Zion Park and Bryce Canyon.

Great Place, Little Gem

by TripAdvisor Member Llanfrynach-on-Tour

Lovely room and facilities, 5 mins walk from ZION NP entrance and shuttle service. We had great welcome and super room with splendid views of the mountains. Landscaping and gardens surrounding the Hotel were beautiful, with an excellent Pool and Jacuzzi. Nicest place we stayed in our two week American adventure.

More of a Motel then Lodge but comfortable and convenient

by TripAdvisor Member careytony

Booked this hotel after going over their website and the reviews here at Tripadvisor. Thought I was staying at a somewhat upscale "lodge" but that wasn't really the case. Cliffrose is a clean and comfortable motel that served it's purpose but didn't excite and delight like I thought it would. The mountains out the back were beautiful but really had to cran my neck to see the river from the riverview suite we booked. Also the construction equipment next to the motel and the parking lot right outside the back door killed the ambience. Cliffrose was definately convienient to the park, we walked about 200 yards to the entrance which was great. The bed was clean and comfy and the bathroom though small had a good shower. The staff was friendly and we had no problems. Would definitely reccommend for families.

great place

Very clean and comfortable. The rooms were large and the view from the rooms by the river was great. Don't look for any early morning coffee. Nothing opens until 7:30 or 8:00. We went to Pentimento in Sprindale to eat breakfast. You are walking distance from the movie theatre and grocery store.

Wonderful Vacation

We checked into a Riverside Queen suite and the view was spectacular. The hot tub was a great place to warm up at night. You have to be careful though because in winter the town rolls up the carpet early so it's good to have snacks and drinks with you in the evening. Rooms have mini fridges so you can store things like milk, butter, etc. We had dinner in town, I think it was the Pioneer...it was decent prices and great portions. The front desk at Cliffrose was closed at 7 p.m. and then re-opened about 8 a.m. where they have hot coffee and many varieties of tea. They were very helpful and polite. There is a phone there you can use if you have a problem after hours so it's not like you've been abandoned. This is a place for simple and somewhat self reliant non-complaining (whiney) people that don't rely on room services,concierge or all the fancy stuff. The lodge is a couple hundred feet from the entrance of Zion park. It was comfortable, clean, awesome views, great winter rates and Zion was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I would come back here again and again if I could.

View from Cliffrose LodgeView from Cliffrose Lodge