707 Zion Park Blvd., Springdale, Utah, 84767, United States
Tingo.com

More about Desert Pearl Inn

Desert Pearl

by hackenbush about Desert Pearl

The hotel is just outside the park and sits on a creek. The creekside rooms offer some beautiful views and it's nice just to sit on the balcony and relax. There's access to some coffee , which is all I need in the morning,and everything else is just a short walk.

I've stayed 5 or 6 times and never had an unpleasant visit. The rooms are very large with southwestern art.The creek is a nice place for the kids to play and the pool is open late.

Nice place to stay

We stayed at the Desert Pearl Inn last Sept 2003 with our 2 kids, a 9 month old and a 2 1/2 yr old. The room was spacious with a king bed, nice living room area and tiny "kitchen" with a sink, microwave, and refridgerator. It was a beautiful hotel. The grounds were well kept w/ lovely wildflowers. The pool was nice except not heated and was very cold. The girls didn't seem to mind swimming in the cold water and had fun. The room had vaulted ceilings and looked out to the pool with a nice patio door that led out to the grassy area. We sat out there and read while our kids napped in the afternoon. They have an espresso bar in the gift shop which was a lifesaver as I am addicted to latte's for breakfast. I am always judging a hotel based on the kind of soaps they put in the bathrooms. They had the nicest smelling soaps and shampoo's.
Not just your run of the mill hotel stuff. Very good. The room also had a vcr and free movies to check out. My BIL and wife also stayed there and they had a room overlooking the river with two queen beds on the 2nd floor. Their room was bigger than ours and a tiny bit nicer w/ carpeted floors. But I was very impressed with our room and will stay there again when I visit. Zion is sooo beautiful and the fall is a great time to go. It isn't too hot during the day. Cool at night. And there aren't the long lines of traffic and crowds as a previous reviewer mentioned.

zion national park

by dila

nice national park nearby springdale.
information
superintendent
zion national park
springdale,
ut 84767-1099
call 435-772-3256
www.nps.gov/zion

Going to Zion? You've got to stay here.

My wife and I stayed at the Desert Pearl for three nights recently and could not have been happier with everything. We had an upstairs room facing the pool; the rooms have been carpeted to deal with the issue of noise affecting downstairs rooms but this in no way detracts from the very enjoyable experience of staying there. Our room was huge with a lovely high ceiling and a very comfortable King-size bed but best of all was the fantastic view across the beautiful pool (lovely and warm) to the cliffs at the entrance to Zion National Park. We would stay at the Desert Pearl again without a moment's hesitation and can thoroughly recommend it to anyone thinking of visiting Zion.

Wonderful Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member IronChefNeva

My husband and I stayed at the Desert Pearl in mid-May--and a pearl it was! The rooms were spacious and clean. The kitchenette was very welcome to me and I could barely pry my husband out of the hot tub! The front desk staff was also very accomadating.

Regarding the noise some reviewers have reported--we had a room facing the pool and there was some noise for a few hours each afternoon when the children were playing, but other than that it was very quiet and relaxing.

We plan to return!!

Great Place to Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member DeBunny

Stayed at the Desert Pearl May 15-17, 2004. Location was great with a Zion bus stop right out front. It si withing 10 min walk of the "downtown" stores and restaurants. Also, just hop on the free Zion shuttle to reach the further places. No need to drive at all.
Our room was on the first floor, just down from the pool. We heard nothing from rooms above and even the pool area was quiet. Considering the hotel was fully booked, it was very quiet. Room was as shown on the internet, clean with sofa, table and kitchenette area. Worth the value especially with 3 adults sharing a room.

superb location

We stayed at the Desert Pearl for 3 nights from April 3rd. The location is superb and the whole place is extremely well maintained. The rooms are excellent, clean and very comfortable with fantastic views of the surrounding mountains. We had a view of the pool, with the mountains on the far side of the adjacent main road through Springdale ( We didn't hear the traffic once ). Everything Springdale has to offer is at the most 10 minutes walk including Cafe Oscar where we found the food and local Utah beer top notch. The only downside to our stay was that the plumbing of the room above woke us at 6am every morning, we mentioned this to the front desk and were instantly given a 10% discount. Would definitely stay again but would make certain we had an upstairs room.

Nice Escape

We looked online for a unique hotel for a fun and relaxing escape from the cold winter. We found the perfect place at the Desert Pearl. The inn was exactly as described on the website. We have 3 small children and they loved opening the back door and running to play on the grassy area outside our room while we watched from the porch. We could've stayed at the inn our whole vacation and still had a great time, but the setting is so beautiful we had to explore. We had wonderful meals at the nearby restaurants (We at at the Bit n Spur, Oscars cafe, and Zions Pizza and Noodle) and lots of adventures in Zions National Park.
Springdale is a nice little town that is well kept and has friendly residents. The front desk has a good variety of movies that you can check out for free. Paper plates, bowls and utensils are stocked in each room if you want to eat in. We would love to return. We had a great time.

Great Place @ Zion

by TripAdvisor Member USADAD

Outstanding place to stay in Zion. Huge rooms that can accomodate up to 6 people. My wife, myself and 4 kids were very comfortable. Stayed 2 nights last week of April '04. Beautiful grounds in an outanding location. Pool and jacuzzi were great. Rooms were beautifully appointed and decorated. Top notch place.

Noise, Noise and more Noise

by TripAdvisor Member mountainsandwater

We had a room on the ground level facing the river, our room was very nice, but every afternoon there were KIDS playing frisbees in the back yard, no privacy whatsoever. At night, major noise coming from upstairs, you can hear everything, I believe it's because of the hardwood floors.

This place is for families with KIDS not for a romantic escape.
Trust me it was hard to sleep with all that noise.

Sprngdale was very nice and Zion trails were great.

Zion ShuttleZion Shuttle

Great White ThroneGreat White Throne

My RoomMy Room

Zion ShuttleZion Shuttle

DESERT PEARL MOTEL IN CAPITOL REEF

by aleitaliano

Hello,
someone know The Desert Pearl Motel in Capitol Reef?
I want reserve a room but I want to know if someone know the motel, if it is nice, clean ecc...

Alessandro from Italy

RE: DESERT PEARL MOTEL IN CAPITOL REEF

by joesorce

Desert Pearl is often mentioned as a GREAT place to stay. For a bargain, look at BoulderViewInn.com, a VERY clean place to stay in Torrey, Utah near Capitol Reef. No pool however, just a place to sleep.

RE: RE: DESERT PEARL MOTEL IN CAPITOL REEF

by yawndave

The Desert Pearl that I know is in Springdale,Utah--at Zion. Really a nice place, but nowhere near Capitol Reef. If you're thinking about Torrey, Utah, which is nearby Capitol Reef, I can recommend the Wonderland Inn.

UT, WY, SD....10 days

by agapotravel

Okay, I know some of you are going to think I am crazy, but my husband and I are planning a trip. We want to visit Utah (Zion, Arches, Bryce Canyon, etc.), Wyoming (Yosemite and Teton), and South Dakota (Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse). We are flying from VA to either UT or SD. We will drive from one to the other two and then fly back home from where we finish. Is it crazy to try to do this in 10 days? We know that we may miss some things, but is it enough to see the major sights?

by agapotravel

ooops!! I meant Yellowstone, not Yosemite!! I am not crazy enough to think we can squeeze that into 10 days. :-)

RE: RE: UT, WY, SD....10 days

by ellielou

oh, and I want to add that a few years ago, we did about a 10 day driving trip of the region, and only hit Arizona and Utah....and, didn't even get to see everything we wanted to then, and with LOADS of long days of driving...

by ellielou

Sorry, but I don't think this makes much sense. For a 10 day trip, you should look into "Grand Circle" driving itineraries, that take in much of the highlights of the Four Corners region.

Or, you could do SD and WY, but I don't think that the Southwest AND the north central can be done on the same 10 day driving trip. If I were you, I'd do the four corners area...it's a truly amazing part of the planet!

by Segolily

One year we did a leisurely drive to see Mt Rushmore. From SLC to Rocky mt Natl Park to Mt Rushmore (two or three days) to Devils tower WY and back home took us 7days. Now you could go faster and not see as much, but I agree trying to get it all in will wear you ragged.

Every where you mentioned is worth seeing. And you could probably do a tolerable job with Mt Rushmore/Yellowstone. Or Yellowstone/Zions/Bryce (but not Arches). But 10 days for both might be pushing it.

But just to give it a shot: From Sturgis SD (add on some mileage from Rapid City- best airport) to Las vegas NV (best airport) via Jackson WY and Springdale Ut you have roughly 1300miles. Divide that by 10 is only about 130 a day. So that doesn't look too bad. Obviously you'd have to go alot further than that on some days, but on others you'd be sightseeing.

MT Rushmore / Crazy Horse/ Custer State Park 2 days
Yellowstone 3 days
Tetons 2 day
Bryce 1 day
Zions 1 day

that would be bare minimum and you have nine days with no time to drive.

I guess I'm going to stick with don't do it all.

Lil