Flanigan's Inn

428 Zion Park Blvd., Springdale, Utah, 84767, United States

More about Flanigan's Inn

A very peaceful, nice place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member bamatravel

My husband and I stayed at Flannigan's for two nights the week before Chistmas 2004. Because we were on a budget, we had booked the least expensive room they offered. It was a standard room that looked at their courtyard. The bed was comfortable, the shower was hot, and although it took us a while to figure out how to work the television...we had nothing to complain about. We were happy with the amenities and comfort of the room. The people that worked at Flannigan's were nice and helpful. My only complaint was that their restaurant was closed for the week and would open up after New Years. I guess it is supply and demand, not enough people in Springdale at that time of the year so it wasn't feasible to keep the restaurant open. There was only one other room occupied when we arrived, so I understand. The location was beautiful and perfect. We would stay here again, only we would wait until the Spring or Summer when more businesses and restaurants are open around town.

Noisy plumbing!

by TripAdvisor Member brettblue

The website makes the place seem much cuter and more charming than it actually is. Our room was on the second floor closest to the street, above and between other rooms, and we could hear noises all night: mostly cars and plumbing noises, sometimes voices. Not a restful night, but we were happy to find last minute availability on a Saturday night. Definitely a convenient location to Zion, but if we were to visit Zion again, we'd probably try another place or ask for a quieter room.

Decent hotel, but look around

by TripAdvisor Member lirwin13

Flanigan's Inn was a nice place to spend a couple of days in Springdale, but I would choose another inn if I returned to the area. The hotel was quaint and quiet. At check-in, I was given a map of the property, which includes a small pool and hot tub, as well as a short hike (moderately steep though) to their own overlook. All of the rooms open to the outside. My room had a small balcony with views of the Zion mountains. The high ceilings make the room appear quite large. The bed was comfortable, with king-size pillows. There were two chairs which were quite comfortable as well. The TV was average size. The bathroom could have used a little extra attention. I found several hairs in the shower and around the sink when I checked in. The Inn is convenient, as there is a shuttle stop right in front which takes you to the Zion visitor's center. There is a stop on both sides of the street so you can also catch the shuttle to other points in Springdale. When I was there, there were plenty of small ants inside the room, particularly in the bathroom. There was no screen on the door going to the balcony, so you have to close it when you go in or out to prevent other bugs from getting into the room. Check the telephone carefully, as there are charges for most phone calls. If you like regular bar soap and regular shampoos, be sure to bring your own. The hotel supplies a specialty brand of "French Lavender" shampoo, lotion, and shower gel, as well as a French Lavender facial bar. Overall, this hotel was average, but I've heard there are others on the same level or better in Springdale, so check around before you decide to stay here.

My family of 5 stayed for 4 nights in late March. We had a great stay in the Rasmussen suite, which consisted of a large main room with a vaulted ceiling and a comfortable bed and a pullout couch, and a separate bedroom with a large, comfortable bed where my wife and I slept. The furnishings were attractive. We had limited contact with the staff, but they were always courteous and helpful. Springdale is small enough that any location within the town itself is convenient to the park, but Flanigan's is within walking distance (or a couple shuttle stops) from the park visitor's center. My kids enjoyed the outdoor heated pool even though the outside temperature was fairly cool. We had a long wait for our food at the adjacent Spotted Dog Cafe, which was tough on the kids, but the food was excellent. I would recommend Flanigan's to anyone.

Very Happy with Flanigan's Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Wahiawakid

We stayed two nights at Flanigan's and were very pleased. Our room was spacious and the balcony overlooked the garden, with a view of the surrounding mountains. It was quiet, peaceful, comfortable and the shuttle to town or to the park stopped right out front. We had breakfast both mornings at the Spotted Dog - great food. We'd recommend Flanigan's and would certainly stay there again if we were going to visit Zion.

Probably the best place outside the park

If you can't stay in the Park itself, I would have to say this is the best place in town. It has the best restaurant (which is good, without being great) and the best location (a five minute walk to the park entrance). When reading the other reviews, what you need to keep in mind is that you have to choose the best place to stay, and that the ratings should be relative to what the competition has to offer. Flanigan's is quite decent. The rooms look nice on the outside, but inside are pretty much basic motel fare. They all have a little balcony, but with the air conditioners going full blast, it is not so atmospheric. The restaurant has outdoor seating with a few of the mountains that is right on the main road, but appears to be the best in town. The pool is small, but nice, also with a view of the mountains.

Great stay at Flanagan's

We recently spent 3 nights at Flanagan's while we were sightseeing Zion Natl Park. The rooms are spacious and clean and we enjoyed the hotel pool a lot after our daily hikes in Zion. We got the slightly upgraded room with coffee maker, fridge and microwave, it also had a small porch with table & chairs, so we could have a quick breakfast of coffee from the room coffee maker and cereal bars, juice etc. I think maybe not all rooms had this so if you are interested you should be sure to ask for this type of room. We found this nice when we didn't want to take the time for a longer restaurant breakfast. The shuttle to the park stops right in front of Flanagans so is very convenient. If you don't want to stay in the park, Flanigans appears to be your closest alternative.
Also if you stay there and want a good quick lunch we found a little cafe in a converted gas station directly across the street - they had a 4.95 soft taco lunch special that was really good (get it before 2:00 pm because that's when the price goes up $2.00).
We also enjoyed dinners in the town of Springdale at Pizza and Noodle and at Oscars cafe.
Our favorite hikes in Zion were Angels landing (but not if you're scared of heights) & River Walk/Narrows, also Emerald Pools! We had such a good time we are already planning our next trip to Zion Park.

Fine hotel, but would probably try someplace else next time

by TripAdvisor Member netta7

We enjoyed our stay and had no complaints about the hotel. We stayed in one of their larger suites, and it was ideal for a family. The pool was very small, but you aren't in Springdale for swimming. We loved walking the small labyrinth on the property. The bathrooms were very clean and spotless, but they were not as luxurious as most of the others we encountered on our trip. Our kids enjoyed playing in the Virgin River and I would have preferred a riverside hotel.

Perfect for Zion

by TripAdvisor Member GPH050

Stayed at Flanigans for 6 days in Sep/Oct and had a great time! Located close to Zion with the very convenient (and free) shuttle stopping just outside the hotel.

Our 2nd floor room was a good size and very clean with spectacular views. We also had a nice balcony where we spent many a happy hour supping wine and gazing at the stars. The restaurant was excellent for both breakfast and dinner, the dinner menu was very varied and reasonably priced considering the quality of the food.

Springdale itself is also a nice little place with a variety of restaurants, shops and galleries. We had good meals at the Pioneer, Bumbleberrys and the Majestic and were entertained to an 'interesting' musical revue at Bumbleberry's theatre!

Comments