21 North Main, Tropic, Utah, 84776, United States
Hotels.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Bryce Canyon Inn

Great place for the family!

by TripAdvisor Member jmaroutah

They have new cabins and it was wonderful! We spent the previous night at another place and was very disappointed. The we went to the Bryce Canyon Inn and it was great! It was about $85 a night and well worth the price, I would have paid more. The cabins are very clean with a bathroom, fridge, and microwave. Great for the family. Located in the middle of town with a couple of restaurants, a store, and a park within walking distance. We checked out a couple of other places and this was the best.

Confirm your reservation twice before you stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member Phas1

We stayed at Bryce canyon inn this labor day weekend and had some interesting but ' wierd' experiences. We initially booked the cabins which were a good deal for $ 85.00 a night ( considering it was a long weekend) but got a email from them saying that they werent any available. So we finally booked the room by phone and also got a confirmation number from the owner (I assume), a not so merry lady called 'Merrylee'. After a long and tiring visit to the Zion National park, we decided to inform Ms.Merrylee that we would be checking in late in the evening. and guess what,Ms. Merrylee told us that we did not reserve a room and that all the rooms were full ! The confirmation number ( provided by her at the time of booking) seemed to make no sense to her. To top it all, she seemed least apologetic and tried to act nonchalant. we were lucky enough to find a hotel for the night in a town called Hatch for a decent price.
we did end up staying in bryce canyon inn the next day since it was close to bryce canyon. The rooms are nice and clean. But the cabins looked nicer. I dont know if I would stay here again though.
please confirm your reservation twice before your stay !!

Investigate Widely before Deciding where to stay

by TripAdvisor Member elmohere

Among those places we stayed during our southern Utah trip, Bryce Canyon Inn in Tropical rated a "so-so"

We were unfamiliar with what overnight accomodations might be made in the Escalante/Tropical/Bryce Canyon area. When I found the Bryce Canyon Inn on the internet, it seemed like the place we would like to stay.

I would not fault the cabin we stayed in and it's appointments. It is small and pre-fab. Too much pine for me, but it was only for one night. Clean. Shower sounds like thunder when running, hard to hear anything else.

In a very futile attempt for "ambiance", each cabin has 2-3 very lonely-looking plastic chairs outside the front door of the cabin on the gravel driveway.

As mentioned elsewhere, the proprietor was absent when we wanted to check out in the morning. The wireless internet was password-protected and we'd not been given the password.

On the telephone, the proprietor was pretty honest in telling me that the pizza parlor next door (euphemistically called a restaurant) was also owned by him.

We did eat a pizza there, and the quality was pretty good. Prices were a bit high. The salads were less inspiring, with dressing that lacked any distinguishable flavor.

However, it's location is it's biggest disappointment. Tropical is a nice little town, but the Inn is pretty much a collection of pre-fab cabins sitting on a large gravel parking lot on the main drag. The town does provide a restaurant and very nice breakfast cafe and general store, but lodging in this town is not that picturesque.

As we then found the next day, this area has quite a few accomodations. I'd suggest looking in Escalante and right at Bryce Canyon before deciding to stay at the Bryce Canyon Inn in Tropical.

Cute and Clean Cabins

by TripAdvisor Member Jaylenew

We stayed at the Bryce Canyon INN, September 15 & 16, 2007, we arrived right at check in time and they had no problems with my reservation that I had made online about a month prior ( I had originally reserved a room but after reading the reviews I changed my reservation to a cabin) The staff was great, telling us about their modest breakfast (coffee,cereal, milk..etc.) they also gave us some really great suggestions for some off the beaten path sites to see! If you are up for an awesome mini adventure ask them about the Narrows at Willie Creek & Bull Valley Gorge! This was literally the highlight of our Zion/Bryce trip.

We found the cabin and grounds to be spotless clean. It was all pine and really cute, it had a pine table and two chairs, two queen beds, a dresser, TV, fridgerator, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. Both beds had nice quilts and the linens we clean and soft. The ground themselves as I said before were nice and clean but very plain....no trees or plants and all gravel parking.

Our cabin was cabin #1 which was located right next to the hotel office and also right on Highway 12. I was somewhat worried about having a cabin so close to the highway thinking it would be noisy but it was not at all, however there was a street light right outside the cabin that was very bright and lit up the cabin pretty well at night even with the mini-blinds fully closed.

Tropic is a very small town about 15 minutes from the Bryce Canyon National Park as the saying goes if you blink you might miss it. It consisted of a few small hotel/motels much like the Bryce Canyon Inn, a general store with gas station, 2 restaurants, Ice Cream Parlor and a gift shop.

We tried both restaurants:

1. Bryce Canyon Restaurant owned by the same people as the BCI, had pizza and burgers, sandwiches and such. We ordered a large Supreme pizza $15.99 and some Chicken Strips & Fries $6.99, both I feel were fairly priced. Its by no means a fancy gourmet dinner but it was good and the left over pizza was great for breakfast the next morning!

2. Clarks restaurant, which is owned by the same people who own a hotel, the general store/gas station, the Ice Cream Parlor, and gift shop which all connect, at first appeared to be a nicer place to eat then the Pizza place, but after eating there it was just OK. I ordered Roast Beef $13.99, it came with 3 thin slices of beef covered in brown gravy, some steamed vegis and a baked potato. My husband ordered Chicken Fried Steak, it also came with the vegis and potato for $11.99, I rated it just OK because it kind of reminded me of bland cafeteria food....they did however serve some very tasty fresh hot bread to you while you were waiting for your meal.

I also wanted to warn people making online reservations that there are several hotels in the Bryce Canyon area with names that all start with "Bryce Canyon.....like Bryce Canyon "Inn", "Lodge", "Hotel" and also "Resort" As I said before I had made my reservations online only and I had book marked a site I thought was the Bryce Canyon Inn, but later realized it was not, luckily I noticed this before we left on our trip. This could be part of the confusion that people are having with their reservations.....same name wrong place maybe??

Little Log Cabin - Very clean

by TripAdvisor Member Smallwood4

We stayed 1 night at the Bryce Canyon Inn in a little log cabin in June 2008. The cabin was very clean and well stocked. It had 2 queen beds, a full bath, a mini fridge and microwave, color TV and for the price, it was a value. The Pizza Place next door was very good and clean! Lots of locals since it was a Friday night. The bread sticks and pepperoni pizza were better than Pizza Hut and the price was comparable. Tropic is a VERY SMALL town with just 3 or 4 places to eat and about 2 gift shops so the choices are very limited but it provided a good nights rest and a the free breakfast the next day was sufficient (cereal, toast, yogurt and fruit)

A great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member crumblindown

I must say, this is a fantastic place to stay while visiting Bryce Canyon. The office is not a trailer anymore as others have stated. It's a nice, cabin-type building.

The cabins are extremely comfortable. They are furbished as much as any hotel room, but these have quilts on the beds! The cabins are nicely air-conditioned as well. They were clean and comfortable.

Every employee was extremely kind and helpful. In fact, they were terrific "small town" people.

The restaurant next door has very good pizza. If you get sick of the chain pizza restaurants and enjoy a high quality mom-n-pop pizza joint, this is the place!

Beautiful place

by TripAdvisor Member Explorer66

I chose this hotel after checking several reviews on the Internet, and I found it beautiful. I stayed in one of their cabins in Tropic: they are actually very clean and very nice as described, with a very nice mountain and "west like" atmosphere. Though we arrived late in a sold-out date, our reservation was there, waiting for us. Very good service and friendly place. The nearby restaurant has a fabolous pizza (only small drawback, it takes some time to be seated even if there are available seats, they could try to be quicker) and we had a very pleasant stay overall. I would certainly go back again or suggest it to a friend.

Great log pine ambiance and close to Bryce Canyon

by TripAdvisor Member Utahcanyons

The inn is located just ten minutes from Byce Canyon. They have cabins with pine wood interiors. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. It came with a refrigerator, Cable TV, hair dryer, and coffee maker. The best part is the continental breakfast. They have a large variety of beverages, breads, cereals, and fruit. The management was nice and reservation was ready when we arrived.

lost place, nice people

by TripAdvisor Member djaypeh

Stayed there 3y ago, coming from Las Vegas via Cedar Breaks.
The room was small, but super clean and nice.
Arrived quite late and talked a little with the sympathetic landlady about the NP to get some tips and Crater Lake (there was a photo of it above the bed).
Didn't know, but had gone from Pacific time to mountain time so it was nearly too late to have some diner, so she phoned the restaurant to stay open and offer me something to eat.
Thanks guys!

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member Carera123

Excellent place to stay while visiting Bryce Canyon. Cabins were big and clean. Everything looked brand new! Plus it was a great deal for the money.
I would definitely come back again.

Services ???Services ???