Zion National Park Hotels

Our Members Say

• Phalaenopsis03 profile photo Phalaenopsis03
  • Reviews: 434

Novel House Inn: A Novel Idea

Located in quaint Springdale, the "gateway town" to Zion National Park, each of the 10 rooms at the Novel House Inn is decorated in the style of a famous writer, i.e., Rudyard Kipling, C.S. Lewis, Jane Austen, and Leo Tolstoy, among others.

As the only room available at the time of booking, we took the "Bronte room" (which incidentally was fitting since one of my favorite novels of all time is "Jane Eyre"). Though the décor and furnishings were a little too old fashioned for both our tastes, and as Hal put it, "girly", the room was nonetheless clean, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was big.

When we arrived at the Inn, we were greeted by Kieran, a nice, youngish Irish transplant and son-in-law to the proprietors. He checked us in and showed us to our "Bronte room". And since the Inn does not actually serve meals at its establishment, Kieran handed us complementary breakfast vouchers to Wildcat Willies Ranch Grill and Saloon and Oscar's Cafe and Deli, both of which we discovered to be ideal breakfast options.

Basics: Our room cost $159 a night excluding taxes. Other rooms at the Inn price between $139 and $149. Check in time is between 3pm-6pm and check out is at 11am. Children over 12 are allowed, but pets are not. The Doggy Dude Ranch at 435-772-3105 can house your pet(s) during your stay. All rooms are smoke-free, except for designated areas outside of the Inn. A two-day minimum stay is required on the weekends.

Aside from the usual, our room contained a regular tube TV, a DVD/VCR, and a small round-table with chairs. The inn itself offers a library/lounge area, a patio in which to relax and possibly star-gaze at night, and a dining room (though no meals are actually served in it except for welcomed afternoon refreshments).

Pros: After a day of outdoor activities, it's nice to come back to a cold glass of lemonade and homemade cookies, served between the hours of 3pm-5pm. Clean rooms and friendly and helpful staff.

Cons: Lack of modern amenities, but I suppose that's to be expected with this kind of accommodation.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, National/State Park, Family Travel
  • Written October 1, 2010

The "Bronte Room"

• Basaic profile photo Basaic
  • Reviews: 7790

Zion Lodge: Lodging in the Park

You can rent rooms, suites or cabins at Zion Lodge. Zion Lodge is located at right about the middle of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive. There is ample parking for guests and the lodge is serviced by the shuttle system. The area surrounding the lodge has spectacular scenery, and this is where you can access the Emerald Pools, Grotto and Sand Beach Hiking Trails. I did not spend the night here just grabbed a little chow and hiked the Emerald Pools Trail.

Inside the park with a beautiful location.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Road Trip, National/State Park
  • Written July 10, 2010

Zion Lodge

• mrcarl profile photo mrcarl
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

South Zion Bed & Breakfast Hostel: Zions Backyard, Water Canyon & The Polygamy Tour!

I found this lovely Bed & Breakfast hostel via a Google search for: 'hostel 84737'

Our hosts were accommodating with our schedule & my two daugthers 8-13 yrs old. His home has 4 bedrooms on a fenced 1 acre property, 1 shared hostel room & 2 private rooms.

A huge breakfast was included in the price of our room. We loved his potatoes & eggs!!! In fact my daughters wouldn't stop talking about how great the breakfast was. The 2nd morning we ate waffles like the 'rich people' eat, with fruit & whipped cream on top.

On our 2nd day our host & tour guide, took us on a 1 hour long hike up to 'Water Canyon' it's a lovely hike & until now, relatively unknown to tourists. This hike was the most impressive I've ever been on. Your tour of Zion's in NOT complete without going on this hike.

On the day of our arrival, after hearing that my daughters, were hungry, he cooked them some organic waffles with fruit & whipped cream. "Breakfast for dinner today! right girls" They instantly loved the entire 4 day stay. They won't ever forget it.

We took the a personal tour of the polygamy town Colorado City, AZ. Our host, Host is a photographer and invited us for a tour. My friends from Nevada had arrived by then & our entire group came along, 12 people.

The host/tour guide took a lot of photos & video of us and our friends.

The tour which was almost 4 hrs long included a stops at
* the Dairy store (don't miss the ice cream cones & 'squeaky cheese')
* the park- which we all rode the worlds biggest slide. Children & adults had a blast.
* the hike to Big Rock= we were amazed by the sandstone formation & climbed to the top of Big Rock

After our wonderful tour, our host/guide put the photos/videos of our tour onto a DVD for us and presented us with a cherished vacation keepsake that the kids are still showing to their friends.

(Well I admit that I get a real kick from showing it to my friends as well)

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Photography, Road Trip
  • Written December 5, 2009

The Backdoor to Zions hike to water canyon

• canucka profile photo canucka
  • Reviews: 9

Pioneer Lodge in Springdale: Enjoyable Stay

We stayed here with my mother & aunt (in their 80's) in a 3 bedroom suite. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. It had a rustic feel with pine closets and furniture, a TV in every room and central AC ducted to each room. The kitchen was very spacious and aside from missing hot hands and cleaning towels had everything we needed. The counters were a little dirty and the oven could use a decent clean but nothing too serious. Everything else was fine and the unit was right next to the hot-tub so we didn't even need shoes to walk over. They have a restaurant which we didn't use and a separate lounge/coffee shop where you could relax for a while. Very friendly and helpful staff and we were less than 5 mins from the park entrance. Would definitely stay here again.

Location, location, location.

• Related to: Photography, National/State Park, Hiking and Walking
  • Written October 4, 2009

• Basaic profile photo Basaic
  • Reviews: 7790

Various: Outside the Park

You can stay in one of the many fine motels in Springdale or you can drive about 30 miles to Hurricane and save money. I stayed in Hurricane during my first visit and Springdale my second. There is at least one good deal in Springdale. The Zion Park Inn is inexpensive, run by nice people, and in a great location.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, National/State Park
  • Written July 27, 2009

Pool at Super 8 in Hurricane

• richiecdisc profile photo richiecdisc
  • Reviews: 5929

Potato Hallow: backcountry camping

Zion hold 25% of all backcountry permits for walk-ins so if you go early you're bound to get one especially if you are flexible on where you want to hike. The permits vary in price with group size. It was $10 for the two of us to camp both nights and we could have stayed out there longer for the same amount.

The weather was great but one problem with hiking on the West Rim trail is lack of drinking water. We found a small spring, but small was a generous description for this small gurgle. It was more like a puddle and would have been better suited to a pump water filter. Unfortunately, we were using chemical treatment at that time. You won't see many people on this trail so if seeking solitude, this is a good place to find it.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, National/State Park, Camping
  • Written June 13, 2009
Tip Photo

some backcountry spots have great innovations

• jumpingnorman profile photo jumpingnorman
  • Reviews: 927

Pioneer Lodge: A Historic Hotel with Great Views of Zion

I decided to stay at the Pioneer Lodge because it is considered a historic part of Zion, located at the west entrance. Also, it is close to Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park, Kolob Canyon, and Pipe Springs National Monument. It is the perfect station for seeing these sites.

The rooms are comfortable and well-maintained and the porches are nice to relax in during the morning - for you to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of Zion. It has a nostalgic western cowboy feel, bringing you to the days of the wild wild west. John Wayne was actually sleeping in the room next to ours, hehehe…

Check in and check out were easy and we had no problems with the staff at all. The only problem I had was I had a nightmare during the night, but it was probably because of the day’s driving through all those treacherous road cliffs. But my nightmare was about a lady coming out of the ceiling to seduce me --- I do have a wild imagination, lol…

The hotel also has the Pioneer Lodge Restaurant onsite and an internet cafe (wireless connection available) and relaxing outdoor seasonal pool and hot tub. But we will also tried the other restaurants around the area.

Truly a memorable experience to stay in this historic hotel…

great views of Zion from hotel porch

• Related to: National/State Park, Adventure Travel, Family Travel
  • Written March 15, 2009
Tip Photo

Enjoying Zion views from hotel with my newborn son

• Debute31 profile photo Debute31
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western Zion Park Inn: Best Hotel Zion National Park / Sprindale, UT

I have stayed at the Zion Park Inn three times now for multiple days. I love the hiking at Zion NP! The rooms are extremely clean and well kept. The people at the front desk are generally friendly, and I only say that because one man working there looks like Billy Bob Thornton. I seriously couldn't tell if it was him or not, same behaviour and everything. One evening I walked up and asked if he could make change for a dollar. He immediately said, in Billy Bob style and character, "IT's Too Late To Do Laundry." I stood there staring at his blank face and almost asked for his autograph right then and there. That is exactly why I needed change. I swear, if it's not him, it's his twin brother. My wife and I then decided to wash our dirty shoes, from hiking, in the tub. She had a hair dryer and there was also one in the room, so we decided to speed things up and dry two at once. After about ten minutes the lights went out in the entire wing of our hotel. Pretty embarrassing, however, what made it worse was Billy Bob going room to room looking for the culprit. We put our Do Not Disturb sign on the door and prayed I wouldn't be ripped by him again. I'll never forget him going door to door yelling in Billy Bob's voice, "Maintenance." We were actually nervous.

Anyways, it's a great place to stay. There is a bus that runs through town that will take you to the Park. There is also a bus within the Park that takes you everywhere you need to go. No car necessary once in Springdale.

Views all around this hotel are amazing. Sits in a red rock canyon, with cliffs and peaks at least 2,000 feet tall. The Sears tower, with its antenna, is only 1,730 ft tall. Talk about dwarfed in comparison and magnitude, because the canyon extends for miles and is 1-2 miles wide in Springdale (estimated).

• Related to: National/State Park, Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing
  • Written October 9, 2008

• agapotravel profile photo agapotravel
  • Reviews: 233

Desert Pearl Inn: A Pearl in the Desert

Our stay at the Desert Pearl Inn was very nice. We had a riverside room, so we could sit out on the patio and listen to the river rushing by. It was just a few short steps to the river, so the view and surroundings were quite peaceful. My only complaint is that the air freshener or cleaner that they use was quite strong. I am very sensitive to smells, so it was giving me a bit of a headache. Other than that, our stay was perfect.

It is an eclectic place, with modern furnishings.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Adventure Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 23, 2008

Desert Pearl Inn

• DPando profile photo DPando
  • Reviews: 1426

Zion: Zion Campground

i stayed in the first campground getting off from Zion to the right.. 400 meters after the visitors center. There's no other and its good located, average fares and nice restrooms

water is regulated by tokens.. you can take a shower once per day.. just checked in the owners give you a token that its your shower ticket.. for aprox 8-10 min time! I guess its a good idea in a dry area like Zion

my experience there.. quite satisfied.. there is also a small supermarket at reception with enough stuff to make your stay more comfortable !!

• Written March 22, 2008

• Segolily profile photo Segolily
  • Reviews: 618

Zion Lodge: Only lodging in the park

Zion Lodge has been around awhile. It was completely rebuilt in the '80's after burning down. We were able to take advantage of a weekend special that included breakfast. I wouldn't call this upscale accomodation, and yet it seemed just perfect for a National Park setting. I especially loved the big fireplace in the lobby of our building. The room was big and had a balcony, so I could enjoy the sunrise on the cliffs without too much effort. There are no TV's in the rooms. The lodge is dedicated to being "green" and has quite an extensive plan to accomplish that. We also enjoyed the breakfast. Nothing especially great, but not bad either and I loved being in the park in the morning. The restaurant is in the main building (there are several) and so does require a walk outside to get there. They have a gift shop of course and a small meeting room. The lodge is located in a nice alcove in the canyon. From the Lodge you can head across the street to Emerald Pools Trail, or the Grotto.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: National/State Park, Hiking and Walking, Family Travel
  • Written May 8, 2007

The Lodge in winter

• kazander profile photo kazander
  • Reviews: 857

Pioneer Lodge: Close and comfortable

In researching accommodations for Zion, I found that most places to stay are located in the cute "gateway" town of Springdale. Just outside of the South entrance to the park, this picturesque little town in a perfect jumping point for adventures in Zion.
The newly renovated Pioneer Lodge boasted Super Comfy beds and Cute Pine paneled rooms, so I couldn't pass it up. The room we stayed in had a nice big king sized bed, a small kitchenette (microwave and fridge) a nice bathroom with a tub and a TV which we never turned on :)
Hairdryers are provided if you were wondering.
Though we stayed but one short night, it was enough to know we could definitely return.

Cafe, restaurant and gift shop on premises. When you stay here you get a coupon for 10% off the cafe and gift shop.

All rooms have outside doors with a walkway going past. Could possibly get loud, but when we were there no late night ruckus went on. I guess most people turn in early to make the most of the daylight hours in the park.

AAA discount

• Related to: Road Trip, National/State Park, Hiking and Walking
  • Written April 2, 2007

• RedBaggy profile photo RedBaggy
  • Reviews: 21

The Quality Inn: We Enjoyed Staying Here

This was the first stop in our holiday. We stayed in one of the hotel rooms for four nights. The room was clean with en-suite bathroom. Our room was on the ground floor adjacent to the ice machine. The hotel also had an RV park and the ice machine was like a honey pot for all to fill their boots. We never spent much time in the room due to the impressive Zion Gorge. The hotel provided a free breakfast in a pleasent room. The breakfast was biscuits and gravy, waffles, toast, juice, tea and coffee. The staff were very pleasent. The hotel also has a shop were you can buy provisions and gifts. There is a shuttle bus stop outside the entrance.

Footnote for Brits - Biscuits and gravy is scones and peppery white sauce. We tried it but didn't enjoy it. As for tea . . . the Americans don't appreciate how to make it, they never seem to use boiling water.

When we return to Zion we will stay here again.

• Related to: National/State Park, Family Travel
  • Written February 15, 2007

• JimmyG57 profile photo JimmyG57
  • Reviews: 2

Best Western East Zion Thunderbird: Utah National Parks best hotel location

I stayed at this hotel in Mount Carmel Jct, Utah for 3 nights and the front desk staff was courteous and friendly and helped me find my way around the area. The location was perfect, as we were doing day trips to Zion, Bryce Canyon and Grand Canyon. We had a room on the end of the building and it was quiet and good-sized. There are 2 convenience stores on the corner, plus a gas station so we were able to take advantage of their proximity. Overall a very good experience staying here.

The location is what sets apart this hotel from others. It is 12 miles from the east gate of Zion National Park, a scenic 60 miles from Bryce Canyon National Park and 100 miles from the north rim of Grand Canyon National Park.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Hiking and Walking, National/State Park
  • Written August 8, 2006

• lazyman_1 profile photo lazyman_1
  • Reviews: 324

Hotel: Best Western

The Best Western Hotel in Zion national park was a nice place to stay, pretty much what you'd expect from a large hotel chain such as this. The staff though was really quite great though as a had a long chat with the clerk about the hike i was planning for the following morning. He was quite friendly and gave me some good tips.

The again is something to see but the huge pool and hot tub were also nice. The fre internet was also a bonus as well as the badminton and putting green for golfers.

• Written July 12, 2006