Cozy, close and costly
This is the only hotel inside the park, and was our splurge on trip #1. Much as we loved it, I couldn’t justify the high-season price tag on trip #2 so we bunked at less pricey digs in Springdale instead. I’d estimate the benefits and tradeoffs to be:
In the plus column:
• The lodge is located much further inside the park than visitors are allowed to access on their own during much of the year. Having all of our belongings close at hand was nice, and the scenery is outstanding!
• You're closer to trailheads in Zion Canyon for quick access if starting your hikes early in the morning before the shuttles start running
• The park is much quieter in the mornings and evenings before the day-trippers descend/depart: a great time for enjoying your cabin or room's front porch or balcony from which you’re apt to see deer and other wildlife
• Our cabin room was clean, very comfortable, and the space was just right. Coffeemakers have been added since our last stay, and all are equipped with fireplaces and air conditioning.
• The grounds are green and spacious, many rooms/cabins have terrific views, and you’ll have had the experience of staying in one of America’s great National Park lodges. We’ll never be sorry that we did it!
In the minus column:
• Price: a big stretch for many holiday budgets
• Books up far in advance of high season - although that’s true of area accommodations in general
• Unless you’re OK with driving or shuttling into Springdale, restaurant options are limited to the main dining room (Red Rock Grill), and a fast-food bar (Castle Dome Cafe) which is open seasonally and has outdoor seating only.
• Not a necessity for us but cabins do not have TVs so if those are important to you, book one of the hotel rooms
• The majority of cabins have two double beds, although a number with a single queen are available
So there’s no right or wrong in the matter but what sort of price, amenities and proximity to other services work for you. There are many additional options in Springdale so take a look at those if the lodge doesn’t fit the bill?
Open all year; rates vary by season.
Unique Quality: Loved the porch: great for hanging out in the evening and coffee in the morning. Very peaceful at night, and close-in to canyon activities. Park-like surrounds; lots of room for outdoor play and picnics.
Directions: Approx. 3 miles from Canyon Junction on Zion Canyon Scenic Drive
Nearby Zion Lodge
Nearby HotelsSee all 5
Cable Mountain Lodge 7 miles away
Cliffrose Lodge And Gardens 7.1 miles away
Quality Inn At Zion Park 7.3 miles away
Watchman Campground 7.3 miles away
Zion Canyon Campground 7.3 miles away
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Zion Lodge Utah
- Zion Utah
- Lodge National Park Zion
- Zion Hotel Springdale
- Zion Hotel Zion National Park
Address: PO Box 925, Zion National Park, Springdale, Utah, 84767, United States
5 Photos of Zion LodgeView Professional Photos
Amenities at Zion Lodge
- Free Parking
- Free High Speed Internet
Zion National Park Travel Forum
Need advice about Zion National Park, Utah? Visit the Travel Forum for Zion National Park and ask our Answer Gurus.