Hilton Burlington Hotel

60 Battery Street, (Formerly Wyndham Burlington), Burlington, Vermont, 05401, United States

Hilton Burlington
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Everything u need to know about Hilton(Burlington)

This hotel sucks!! I know that everyone has an opinion,.. and everyone’s personal experience is a little different,.. and you shouldn’t base your decision on any one person’s opinion or review, but if you want to avoid making the same mistake that I made (and I’m sure many other’s have), then read this and take note. I will do my best to simply give you the facts.
    1) First off, ignore the rate’s that are posted on the internet. It’s all a lie! They say prices start at $169, when it’s more like $320 (with tax included). For some, the rates could be more or less.
    When I walked in, the desk clerk slid a piece of torn paper across the desk (where he had written down $290), and whispered to me “this is tonight’s rate”. This was obviously so no one waiting behind me in line, could hear him. Why? Perhaps it’s because everyone at the hotel gets a different rate. This may be based on your age, sex, race, or even how your dressed. If your dressed nice, and look like you can afford more, then they can (and will) charge you more. Its all negotiable. Nothing is set in stone. If it was, then why wouldn’t the hotel just post the rates on a sign for everyone to see? I’m not sure how hotels get away with it (legally), but they do, and this hotel is no exception. The worse part is, the idiots that jack the rates up, often don’t even make a commission. They just do it to keep their bosses happy, so they can hold onto their $8 an hour jobs.
    Hotels even have the power to place whoever they want, wherever they want, on any floor they want, in any room they want, just based on how a person may look.
    2) If you want a view of Lake Champlain here, your going to have to pay extra for it. I did, however I was given a room on the 2nd floor, so unfortunately the only view I got was of a tree. If you really want a view, get something on one of the upper floors.
    3) Don’t expect a free breakfast (even though it’s located in a State that is loaded with quaint bed and breakfast hotels, that will charge you half of what this hotel will).
    4) Parking is NOT free. It’s $10 dollars. Unless of course, you are NOT a guest. Then you only have to pay $8 (for whatever sense that makes).
    5) The hotel advertises high speed internet. This however, is also NOT free. It’s $12.95
    6) The rooms have no fridge. They provide you with a bowl. You must fetch your own ice
    7) Remember this. The money you spend here doesn’t buy class or hospitality. Actually, it doesn’t buy anything.. except for a bed.
    I could also tell you that 8) the service was bad, 9) the rooms where dirty, & 10) small, but I’m sure opinions vary in those departments. I am simply trying to state the facts.
    In my personal opinion, I found nothing good about this hotel. The best feature is its location, which is probably why they get away with charging so much. If you want a hotel downtown Burlington, you only have 2 choices. You have the Hilton, or the Marriott (which is next store). Both, ironically charge about the same rate.
    Bottom line, if your a yuppie or some other idiot that enjoys spending 6 or 7 times the amount that something is worth, then your going to love this place! However, if you actually work for a living, and value your dollar, I strongly suggest looking elsewhere.
    If your looking for a place to crash, and don’t want to overspend, and enjoy getting straight forward answers (with no hidden fees) try going just a mile or two outside of Burlington. On US-7, South Burlington, you can find decent hotels there for around $80 a night (and yes, even on weekends).
    Lastly, don’t believe any hotel managers who say there looking into reported matters and will try to fix them. Nothing will change. Making money is there only real concern.

Directions: Downtown, Burlington, Vt

• Worth the Price

The Radisson was a great place to hang my hat while I was in Burlington. Not only does it offer an incredible view of Lake Champlain, it is located right in the middle of, well, everything. You're a heartbeat from the waterfront, where you can hop on the path and run, bike or blade for mile after scenic mile. You're also a short walk to the Church Street Marketplace and the University of Vermont campus.

They were overbooked with a wedding party the weekend that I arrived, and they remedied the situation by putting me in a huge business-class corner room with an unforgettable view of both the lake and the town. Whoa!

Unique Quality: The view of Lake Champlain, especially at sunset, is amazing - be sure to ask for a room on the west side of the hotel.

Location, location, location - this hotel puts you within walking distance of the lakefront path, the ferries to New York and bustle of the Church Street Marketplace.

Directions: Burlington waterfront across from the park

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Dead centre

This is everything you would expect from a chain hotel - annodyne, anonymous etc. But its one of the few (if not only) downtown hotel and is superbly located overlooking the lake only minutes from Church St . It is a conference hotel but offers an indoor pool.

Unique Quality: Anonymous it may be but to be in the centre of things is worthwhile (and they offer a free shuttle service to and from the airport). Most hotels in Burlington are to be found out of town on the approach roads, 2-3 miles out of the centre and surrounding by drive-in this and drive-in that.
    Tip, if you can, try and get upper floor corner rooms. They are twice as big as the other rooms and even those that are officially 'city views' will have (because they are on the corner) some view of the lake.

Directions: Overlooking the lake

• Goner's Profile Photo

If You Like to be Close to Everything

This is a three diamont hotel. It has an indoor pool and whirlppool, plus an exercise facility.

Unique Quality: The only full service hotel overlooking beautiful Lake Champlain and the breathtaking Adirondack Mountains of New York. It's within walking distance of Burlington Town Center Mall and Church Street Marketplace. It's just across the street from Lake Champlain.

Directions: Right across from the lake and in front of Burlington Town Center

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo

Nice to have a place with a View!

Of course the best part is that they "have a view". There is also a very nice restaurant and for the weekend evening we went to a comedy show that was opening that night.

Unique Quality: They have indoor pool, resaurant, and of course beautiful views .... need I say more about that?
    Within walking distance to Burlington Square mall &Church Street Marketplace. Charming downtown area, breathtaking view of Lake Champlain. Lake Cruises 2 minutes away. Only guide pets allowed. Indoor parking for fee.
    Walk along the shore of Lake Champlain- boat house is 2 minutes away. Summer and Winter activites.

More about Hilton Burlington Hotel

wonderful time

by TripAdvisor Member jbbb

Our family of four stayed one night at this hotel and had a wonderful time. I wouldn't call this a "plush" hotel, but our room was lovely and the location was outstanding. I should mention that the bellman told me that the rooms were very nice and then apologetically asked which "side" of the hotel we had reserved. He was relieved when I told him that we had a lake view and he explained that those rooms had been recently remodeled with new furniture and bedding.

The view is stunning and well worth the increased price. We had a great time.

A Dump with a Great View

by TripAdvisor Member Doxie295

If it wasn't for the view this place would be out of business. The housekeeping is awful...I had nicer dorm rooms in college. Save your money and stay else where. In all fairness to the staff, when I pointed out the items that had been neglected they did fix them. It is a shame that no one pointed these item out since the neglect obviously went on for months before our arrival.

Poor Condtion, Poor Service

by TripAdvisor Member nevermissBoston

I am a Wyndham by Request member. Never received the benefits I signed up for. The hotel is in need of a major renovation. I stayed in an
executive room and what a surprise. While the view was great, the closet was missing the door and housekeeping was below par. The front desk even said they would not stay here! I had one guest staying and their room was very, very far from the elevator and overlooked a noisy construction site(a new hotel I hope). We were at a wedding(not at the Hotel) but the hotel was the talk of the wedding due to the poor condition
and service. Meeting planners and others- do yourself a favor - book the
Inn at Essex(I go to Burlington on a regular basis and normally stay there)
and get the view by booking a dinner at the Echo Center. Also, the hotel
does not seem to care about their guests - never saw any management to speak of!

Decent hotel with a great location.

by TripAdvisor Member LexTravel

Like many have written, this hotel has a fantastic view of Lake Champlain. The location is fantastic, within walking distance of Echo, Church Street, the waterfront and the Burlington Bike Path. We stayed with our kids and had a wonderful time.

The hotel is overpriced for the money, given the fact that it is dated and worn. But our room was comfortable and clean and the staff was very nice. Skip the breakfast buffet though and head up to any of the Cafe's on Church Street.

They can get away with charging $200+ a night because they have no competition for now (although I believe that a new Courtyard is being built next door). I would stay there again, but things will get better when they have some competition.

An over-priced dump!

We chose this hotel based on the location. The location is the only positive aspect of this hotel. The rooms are TINY! There was not enough space in our $200.00 room (with a miniature single bed) for two people with luggage. Getting to the parking garage is a 15 minute ordeal. The pictures on the websites for this hotel make it look much nicer than it really is. This hotel is not worth the price. I regret staying at the Wyndham and I will never do it again.

Not ready for prime time

by TripAdvisor Member BensonVT

This Wyndham has seen better days. My wife and I were staying in Burlington for a dinner cruise on the Ethan Allen II and we stayed at the Wyndham as the boat is a 3 minute walk. We booked their best room, the "Executive Suite". The Executive Suite was neither executive, nor a suite. Rather it was an overpriced and rather small and plain single room with a smallish bathroom and a slighly musty smell. At least the view overlooking Lake Champlain was great. At check-in (which was delayed) the desk clerk tried (twice!!) to steer us into a "slightly smaller" room with a "city view." I can't imagine what smaller means, as the "executive suite" room was pretty small to begin with. Parking was close, but not free. Best feature of the hotel was it's proximity to the city center and the waterfront. We did not try the food as there are many good to excellent restaurants nearby. Definitely not up to Wyndham standards.

Comments