The Inn At Crandberry Farms

More about Chester

The Stone Hearth Inn, Chester VermontThe Stone Hearth Inn, Chester Vermont

Far behind but not forgotten

by onceuponadairy

Greetings,Happy New Year! Hope all is well up in The hills of VT. Just outside of Chester, I believe to the North there is a Road that you can travel which leeds to Ludlow? Yes I belive Ludlod and then on to Weston. Well at the crest of this cross road was or maybe still is a Dairy Farm, I'ts name was Hill Top Farm. The House and barn are on the right side of the road, with a 3 or 4 bay garage on the left. The Barn sits above the house and looks out over the valley. My Question, Is it still there? and is it still a dairy? I was the manager for that farm owned by the Stiaznee's Family back in 1980, 81, & 82. I never had a reason to go back, even though I left on good terms. I guess life gets in the way. So if ANYONE knows of this Farm Please let me know. I would like to say hello or at least take a road trip down memory lane.Thanks Theo

Far behind but not forgotten

by kiwi

Have you tried viewing it on Google EArth? The maps aren't last week or anything, but they must be somewhat recent. However I don't think you actually know when they were 'snapped'. Just a suggestion till someone comes up with real info :-)

RE: Far behind but not forgotten

by Osmun79

I think the Barn has been abandoned, as the farms were not doing to well in the 90's down there. Ask a local and they will know,as most people know the Hill Top. Not sure though. As for the road to Ludlow, You're thinking of route 103 that goes to Ludlow, it's still good. Weston is still best accessed via Popple Dungeon Rd or Route 11 in Chester(the signs are all over). I used to live in Chester (on High St) and so I am familiar with the area. If you head out Route 11, the East Hill farm is still alive and well on East Hill rd although the school run by Dick Bliss shut down around 1990. After Dick's death, his wife and son are the owners and they still run the place. Laura, the wife of Dick's son has a small pottery studio there.

Glad someone else knows of Chester.. man what a blast from the past!

Comments