4850 Route 242, Jay, VT, 05859

More about Jay Peak Ski Resort

Jay Peak

by jamiesno

"Jay Peak Resort"

Jay, Vermont was a very nice little town, albeit a little tricky getting there! It is worth taking the time to get to meet the local people and get a feel for the area.

The reason for my visit was the Jay Peak Resort at www.jaypeakresort.com. Although I had no intentions of skiing I went to the top of the hill anyway to check the runs out and it looks awesome for skiing! The weather changed very quickly while at the top but endless opportunities for getting back to the base of the hill. Be prepared to be sqeezed into a lift with about 80 other people on the way up!

On the downside it was certainly no resort, after just recently visiting Mont Tremblant! The hotel looked run down and there was no food or anything spectacular at the peak and generally a disappointing complex. I would suggest staying somewhere else and going there for the skiing!

Great view of the mountain!

Look how blue the sky was here and within 30 minutes look at the next picture!!

So much for getting a great view and excellent pictures. I guess the moral of this storey is to be careful!!

"Strange weather!"

Like any mountain the weather can be unpredictable. When I left for the top it was sunny and I was expecting some great pictures, look at what I saw once I got to the top! The weather changed very quickl!!

Jay locator map!Jay locator map!

Jay PeakJay Peak

Jay Peak?Jay Peak?

Travel Tips for Jay

Rhianna's new Jay Page

by Rhianna

This is where I usually go Snowboarding***Jay Peak, VT:

Jay Peak Ski Resort is Vermont’s most exciting ski resort! Located in the northern Green Mountains and are famous for receiving the most natural snowfall in the eastern USA, with an annual average of 351inches. Jay’s abundant snowfall and very unique terrain has contributed to creating the most exciting glade skiing in all of North America. Over 20 glades and extreme chutes challenge the best skiers & riders.

Comments